We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cacti Questions Options

DmtriDish
#1 Posted : 6/13/2018 9:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I registered here quite a while but haven't ever posted so thanks everyone who post their knowledge and experience I have learned a ton! I’m limited as to where I can ask these questions so this seemed the most appropriate.

I’m going to be moving and have some cacti that I don’t want to take. I’m looking into the extract teks and there seem to be a bunch of options. Some seem to be way over my head and others seem so simple I can’t imagine the results would be very good ... maybe I’m wrong.

I guess my first question is… can anyone ID this for me? It appears to be what I need but I also am very aware that I don’t know what I’m doing here.

Secondly I’m wondering if I can just cut/dry/powder it and wait to do the extraction at a later date? Seems like the best option since I hear of people buying in a powder form already. If that’s the case do I just skin and core it and dry in the sun? If there’s a better method please let me know where to find it. I have read a lot but don’t remember seeing any prep methods.

Lastly I see a ton of extract methods please let me know what you’re using currently or what you suggest I use. I’m more than happy to take photos or provide any info that would help others out along the way too. Ideally for me I’d like to use a method that would be hard for me to mess up. I’ve done some STB DMT extracts and Cappi Vine extracts but I’m very new to all of this. The fewer steps and fewer nasty chemicals needed the better.

Thanks,

DD
DmtriDish attached the following image(s):
IMG_0831.jpg (253kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
IMG_0832.jpg (812kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
IMG_0833.jpg (828kb) downloaded 115 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 6/13/2018 10:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STB with lye, pull with D-limo and salt with vinegar for mescaline acetate is fairly simple, but the simplest is freeze/thaw x 3, blender it (with or without lemon juice), simmer it for an hour and strain through t-shirt for tea.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

DmtriDish
#3 Posted : 6/13/2018 11:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome thanks!

So something like this one?... this seems pretty straight forward:
heavenlypursuit's relatively quick and easy mescalito pictorial, plus re-x directions

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:17:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently there is a way to do it that involves: making a tea, reducing that tea to resin and then using alcohol (don't know which kind) to extract from the resin.

Maybe someone else would care to chime in?

DmtriDish
#5 Posted : 6/17/2018 5:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spractral wrote:
Apparently there is a way to do it that involves: making a tea, reducing that tea to resin and then using alcohol (don't know which kind) to extract from the resin.

Maybe someone else would care to chime in?

That could be cool too I'll keep an eye out for that too thanks! Might dry everything out and try a few of these to see what ends up working best for me. This one looks good too:

69ron Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene

Wolfnippletip
#6 Posted : 6/21/2018 12:04:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And whatever you do keep the top 6 to 8" of the cactus and the base with roots to wrap up and travel. That way if it's good (and it looks to be good from your pics) you'll end up growing two of it. I learned the hard way the first time not to use the whole cactus. It was a great Scopulicola/Bridgesii Cross and I got nice and high but then it was all gone and no more available.

DmtriDish
#7 Posted : 6/21/2018 7:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
And whatever you do keep the top 6 to 8" of the cactus and the base with roots to wrap up and travel. That way if it's good (and it looks to be good from your pics) you'll end up growing two of it. I learned the hard way the first time not to use the whole cactus. It was a great Scopulicola/Bridgesii Cross and I got nice and high but then it was all gone and no more available.

For some reason I wasn’t even considering doing this until I read your comment but I definitely will. I did some reading last night and it seems like they are pretty easy to take care of outside of outside of their natural habitat.

So I have two 8-12” that I separated from the main about 6 months ago that look really healthy maybe I can just take both of those. What’s the best way to store them for a week? I guess the only real concern is rot? I’ll keep reading.

Wolfnippletip
#8 Posted : 6/21/2018 7:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cut cactus stores well for months, even a year. Cactus cuttings travel well wrapped in multiple layers of newspaper and boxed. It stores well under a bed or in a closet in the dark, as long as it's dry enough to keep from molding. Shipping and storing is assuming the cut parts of the cactus have had a few days to callous over in a relatively dry place. I would keep the base in the pot until maybe the day before you move, then you can remove it, with roots intact leaving some soil on the roots and wrapping it in slightly moist paper towels. The idea is to not let the roots dry out completely. This is a temporary situation so when you get to your new place repot the base/roots as soon as possible.

DmtriDish
#9 Posted : 6/21/2018 11:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that's easy ... I'll do it!

Thanks a ton!

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 6/22/2018 3:37:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great advice from Wolfnippletip, good luck with the move - and enjoy the fruits of your labours!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DmtriDish
#11 Posted : 6/22/2018 8:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great advice from Wolfnippletip, good luck with the move - and enjoy the fruits of your labours!

I agree and thanks checkin the thread out... Can’t wait to get back and put this all in to good use! I’m sure I’ll run into some questions along the way, regardless I’ll definitely post my results. Big grin