We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
TGO Presents: "Hazey Neverminds" (And a Bit About My Music) Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 6/5/2018 3:40:20 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome!

"Hazey Neverminds" Album

A Bit About Me and My Music:

Hazey Neverminds is an album by musician Too Many Mind, which is me as a one-man-band. There are ten tracks, each with their own unique flavor although I did experiment with some themes/approaches such as diminished chords, grooves, and progressions (Steven Wilson is my biggest influence in music at the moment). If you have been following along, I've released some other music here on the Nexus previously which can still be found on my soundcloud page. I feel that with each album I create, my music improves dramatically. I am quite happy with the way this one turned out and am even happier that I get to share it with all of you! The biggest difference with this album vs "After a While" album is that I broke out the recording equipment and utilized my lovely Taylor acoustic in many of the songs.

My music is an attempt to capture what is in my head and to put it down in harmonic form. Since I am an introvert, I often find it challenging to find the right, meaningful words to say, whether it is in the real world or on a track. I'm always in my head, but not always able to speak my mind. Because of this, most of my music is instrumental (Genre: Unknown, but close to psychedelic/ambient/progressive/instrumental rock "stuff" of some sort). I like to start with a "seed" which can be anything from a note to an interesting chord or progression and then I layer it up, building and building until it becomes properly saturated. I then build each section of the song and make sure each part "connects" sonically to the other sections. I love good, trippy sound FX as well!

Melodies usually come last for me which can really wreck a whole tune if I spent days/weeks building something only to move on to something else because I couldn't find a proper melody to fit in and carry it along. These days I've been trying to approach composition in as many different ways I can think of, so that these current limitations turn into limitless possibilities.

I use FL Studio (since version 5, I just updated to version 20 today) and a combination of plugins and real recordings. Any vocals and guitar parts are recorded through one $100 microphone and are often double tracked to add thickness.

By today's standards, I am an amateur musician. I play guitar, piano, trumpet, and all percussion (percussion is my greatest strength musically). I am self taught on guitar, piano, FL Studio, and have no training whatsoever when it comes to audio engineering, mixing, and mastering. My goal is to improve upon my songwriting techniques and to grow and learn as a musician every day. I want to create and develop a better, more professional quality sound.

I am currently in college for computer science but am trying to pursue my real dream, which is music. I plan to switch into an Electronic Arts: Audio Studies program at the University. This program would allow me to pursue music production, composition for TV/Movies/Video games, music theory, audio engineering, live sound, studio recordings and/or pretty much everything I've ever been interested in. It is a selective program but I would love nothing more than to face and overcome that challenge. That is my dream. Music! Even if it takes me nowhere, I'm pursuing what I love.

I recorded 20 songs for this album over the last 6 months and these 10 made the cut. I hope you enjoy them! You can support me simply by having a listen. Feel free to leave comments about the music, good bad or otherwise. I want your opinions! Your Ears, Time, and Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Here is the link again to the Hazey Neverminds album:

"Hazey Neverminds" Album

Love
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 6/5/2018 9:48:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You are an amazing talent my friend! I can really hear how you've evolved since your last album. Love the soundscapes in Driftwood Story and the energy you carry through your other songs have such a dreamy, uplifting, funky quality to them. Really enjoying it, thank you Smile

Orion
#3 Posted : 6/5/2018 2:56:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The title is perfect for how many of the tracks feel. Very nice work Thumbs up

*Edit*

Dude wtf! I can go all kinds of places in my head to this kind of sound. Loving the subtle shifts of tone that always return to the fast/giddy sonic the hedgehog in the clouds on acid style. Tripping material for sure!
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

TGO
#4 Posted : 6/8/2018 8:34:44 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thank you so much, DoingKermit and Orion! I'm glad you guys are getting some enjoyment out of it! This is about the only place I even share my music besides with my family so every bit of feedback is valuable to me. Thank you for taking the time to listen!

Music has always been a huge influence in my life. It is the only thing that has ever made any sense to pursue. I've spent a lot of time chasing the wrong things and focusing on everything except for what makes me happy. Creating music is fulfilling and it is nice to step back from something and be proud of it. I'm glad outlets like this exist, where people can connect and share. It is a beautiful thing.

I've always thought it would be pretty cool to have some sort of collaborative Nexus project where people contribute lyrics, artwork, and music all in one. A virtual Nexus band of sorts! So if anyone has some lyrics or artwork that they would like featured in one of my future songs, feel free to post in this thread. No pressure of course, as I mentioned in the first post, I'm not much of a lyricist and it would be an interesting challenge to fit someone else's words into a future project. I don't sell my music. I'm not looking to profit off anything and credit would be given to any contributors. This would be just for fun with a no strings attached type vibe. There is no time limit or promise that anything contributed would be used. It is more of a brainchild than anything to be taken too seriously. So, I'll leave it at that!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish