We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking Syrian Rue While Tripping Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 5/20/2018 7:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The other night my room mate and I each took 5 grams of psilocybe cubensis. Finding we were not where we wanted to be, we decided to try smoking syrian rue to see where it would take us. Didn't grind them up or anything, just threw the seeds in a pipe and smoked a few bowls. It came on slow, but after several bowls we got to a high equivalent to around 9 grams of shrooms - with a major qualitative change as well from the syrian rue, that stuff really carries its own buzz when it's combined with shrooms.

I will next be trying this with ayahuasca. I suspect smoking syrian rue will work with any drug that syrian rue potentiates when it is consumed orally.

Another good thing about it, is it's fairly short lived. Not too short lived - you'll be in the rue space for, oh, 30-60 minutes (I wasn't clocking it, and some major time distortion makes estimates difficult, lol). But, it wears off - but no worries, because you can just keep smoking it to re-boost yourself back there! It's pretty great.

Just be warned - it can become tremendously powerful, and it comes on deceptively slow. It'll wear off fairly quickly, but ho-ly. There was one point where I was having difficulty making out my room mate's face down the hallway because the light was dim and I had so much visual distortion going on, haha.

Public safety warning in case an ignorant head is reading this: I have no idea how this would work with something like, say, MDMA, but orally consumed rue combined with molly is extremely dangerous, and can be lethal, and given how powerful the effects of smoking rue were for me on mushrooms, I would not be surprised if the same dangers existed with smoked rue as are present with oral rue. Always look up MAOI safety precautions when using syrian rue.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/22/2018 2:25:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

DM Turner mentioned trying this several decades ago. So, yes!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 5/23/2018 6:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DM Turner said the extract could be smoked, but as it turns out there's no need to perform an extraction. Just load the seeds up in a bowl and start smoking - don't even need to grind them up. It's a good smoke too, similar to cannabis in how it feels on the lungs, though a much different flavor. The flavor is not as good as cannabis - but not bad. An easily acquired taste in my experience.

Public safety warning in case an ignorant head is reading this: I have no idea how this would work with something like, say, MDMA, but orally consumed rue combined with molly is extremely dangerous, and can be lethal, and given how powerful the effects of smoking rue were for me on mushrooms, I would not be surprised if the same dangers existed with smoked rue as are present with oral rue. Always look up MAOI safety precautions when using syrian rue.

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 5/23/2018 7:39:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't smoked Rue/Harmalas on top of except when i made my Changa, but have smoked it together with Cannabis which does alright, i've smoked the whole seed, ground seed, and the freebased full spectrum Rue and purified Harmala extracts. Overall i like the extracts because they don't stink or taste bad when burned, but smoking the seeds definitely works, imo, better than smoking plain Caapi leaf.

null24
#5 Posted : 5/24/2018 7:10:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for the post, op. There isn't really a ton of info on using plain rue seeds like that. And yes I'll third, or fourth, i lost count- it does work quite well to smoke plain old rue seeds. Never tried it while already high, that sounds like a good thing to try.

Interesting how it worked to boost your high to get to a more desired place. It can be tricky to do that with a booster dose of psychs unless you're on the right part of the ride, using rue to kinda slingshot you there seems like a good way to do it.

I've run into the problem of dosing too conservatively on multiple occasions but by the time i realize it it's too late to add to it so i just hang out with one foot in. I'll have to try this next time that happens, I'd almost say not being high enough is far more uncomfortable than being too high.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

JP
#6 Posted : 5/24/2018 3:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It’s much better, imo, to make a 2:1 herb to harmala changa. I stole the name vegetable television from McKenna for this blend.
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

OneIsEros
#7 Posted : 5/24/2018 3:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Interesting how it worked to boost your high to get to a more desired place. It can be tricky to do that with a booster dose of psychs unless you're on the right part of the ride, using rue to kinda slingshot you there seems like a good way to do it.

I've run into the problem of dosing too conservatively on multiple occasions but by the time i realize it it's too late to add to it so i just hang out with one foot in. I'll have to try this next time that happens, I'd almost say not being high enough is far more uncomfortable than being too high.

Another good thing about it, is it's fairly short lived. Not too short lived - you'll be in the rue space for, oh, 30-60 minutes (I wasn't clocking it, and some major time distortion makes estimates difficult, lol). But, it wears off - but no worries, because you can just keep smoking it to re-boost yourself back there! It's pretty great.

Just be warned - it can become tremendously powerful, and it comes on deceptively slow. It'll wear off fairly quickly, but ho-ly. There was one point where I was having difficulty making out my room mate's face down the hallway because the light was dim and I had so much visual distortion going on, haha.