We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Still yet to try salvia.... but extract/leaf Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 11/25/2009 5:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do people reccomend smoking leaves or smoking extract? Do people ever make the extract? Whats the difference between smoking and chewing? So many questions so little time heh.

I can't believe i've still yet to try it. I've been meaning to get round to it for years now and just.. never do. Mostly becasue most of my friends hate it.. but i suppose there not me Very happy.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nadir
#2 Posted : 11/25/2009 7:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoking leaves didn't work for me..
better try smoking extract and start from 5x.
i've heard of people smoking 25x for the first time.and it wasn't very nice.
if you wish to make an extract, just google salvinorin extraction, or look to an attachment i've added.
usually it's chilled acetone extraction and IPA/Everclear washes..seems quite easy
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 11/25/2009 7:23:49 PM

The Great Namah

Quidding unenhanced leaf is a nice way to enjoy saliva, you just need a lot of it (10+grams dry).

I personally do not like where Saliva takes me when I smoke enhanced leaf, but orally it is a much more pleasant experience, complete with visions.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/25/2009 8:21:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think that if you really want to approach this plant..start with plain leaf..weather you smoke it or not..

Also be prepared to have to work with it over a period of time to really understand it(if that's even possible)...It took me probabily 20-30 trips before I really started to get a feel for just what it is that salvia can do..and feel somewhat comfortable going there..

Dont be surprised if the first time you break through you find yourself saying never again over and over durring the comdown..seriousily.. Thats what it was like for me anyway..but it's so amazing I went back for more, over and over.

This is not a good plant to become impatient with..start low with plain leaf and do it in the darkest more silent place possible..naked in bed at night is the best IMO..you can get really hot and end up trying to rip of your cloths on salvia so I like to be naked before hand.

If you dont break through or even get anything the first few times, dont worry..there is a reverse tolerance..if you smoke it, start low and work your way up..hold your hits for as long as humanly possible..

seriousily these 25x extracts and such are not necessary unless you only plan on trying salvia like 1 time..better to build a relationship with the chemical and work with plain leaf to lower tolerance..I make my own 3x and that is more than enough for me.

If you quid make sure that the quid sits at the back of the mouth near the wisdom teeth and chew on it very lightly for about 15 minutes..simply putting it under the tounge or in the lip like chewing tobacco never works..

I have never met a person who cannot have completely ego shattering trips from plain leaf when they smoke it properly..some people need an extra hit or 2 but other than that it' all about taking large hits and holding them..and getting it down quickly.. I have introduced many people to salvia and I have seen many people smoke it like it's pot and complain about it's ineffectivness..only to end up completely blown away when I show them how to really do it..so be careful.

Long live the unwoke.

Astralking
#5 Posted : 11/26/2009 1:07:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So huge long slow tokes. Right, i'll get some plain leaf this weekend me thinks and mb some x5 to try at a later date to save postage. Thanks again for the advice fractal Very happy.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

deweeb
#6 Posted : 11/26/2009 1:15:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some good advice here , I guess it depends how deep you want to go . Since I don't smoke anything when I tried plain salvia leaf I thought I was going to die it was so harsh and it did nothing but burned like hell ! I eventually ended up with enhanced leaf in a quid for my first break through . The onset is slower and more manageable . If you really want to know what this entheogen can do , the more the savinorin the deeper you go .

It's up to you how fast and by what method .

endlessness
#7 Posted : 11/26/2009 10:14:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so if I got 10g of dry salvia leaves from maya, should that be good?

How to use it exactly, I just start chewing some, put next to the wisdom teeth, and then what? what about the saliva, swallow? how long do I keep it in the mouth before getting rid of it and putting some more in the mouth ? Should I swallow it after quidding? Just as an estimate, how long should the whole process of quidding 10g of dry leaves take?

ElusiveMind
#8 Posted : 11/27/2009 11:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
so if I got 10g of dry salvia leaves from maya, should that be good?

How to use it exactly, I just start chewing some, put next to the wisdom teeth, and then what? what about the saliva, swallow? how long do I keep it in the mouth before getting rid of it and putting some more in the mouth ? Should I swallow it after quidding? Just as an estimate, how long should the whole process of quidding 10g of dry leaves take?

Ok....start by wetting the leaves first if they are dry....this helps to make a quid ball. After that, jam the sucker in your mouth and chew it for anywhere from 20-30 minutes usually works well for me. Don't swallow the juices, or not a lot anyways... the plant matter is fairly bitter, but remember all the salv. a is in that juice too, which isn't that active or not at all in the stomach. As for the plant matter itself, spit it out after, there's no need to choke on a 10gram quid IMO.

Break down of quid trip.
Chewing 20-30 min
Onset 10-20 min
Duration 30-90 min (usually an hour for me)
After effects 30-120 (usually 45 mins for me)

Hope this helped Pleased

@ Astralking

Plain leave is amazing for a first go round. ALWAYS start lower IMO. Like the others said, work a relationship with the plant first then work your way into extracts or enhanced leaf if you like quidding. 10x is an easy extract to work with and can still have powerful experiences when used properly.
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Espiridion
#9 Posted : 12/15/2009 2:50:02 AM

--who.??..ME??--

ten as in 10 grams? Dry? I got to three on my small scale and came to type this and say(goto start)

I suppose wetting it shrinks it to a more manageable size?

How much UNenhanced leaf would one smoke to get an equal effect. Granted they are different in strength vs duration but I mean really....TEN?

Dizzy Gillespie couldn't cram 10 grams in mouth....

Na ma ste,

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

jamie
#10 Posted : 12/15/2009 3:19:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

10 grams seems to be wayy to much...I only need to quid like 10-15 leaves..
..then again some people need to smoke 25x it seems whereas I can breakthrough on 3 good hits of plain leaf..

Unless your talking 10 grams WET..10 grams dry leaf is alot.
Long live the unwoke.

panoramix
#11 Posted : 12/15/2009 9:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i hound leaves are not thet potend i wold make a extract lock at thiss tek greets
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

geeg30
#12 Posted : 12/16/2009 2:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What you need is a 'bucket' (I like a 3L bottle with the arse cut off it and a nice big bowl attached).

Using normal leaf - I find a torch lighter to be more beneficial when using normal leaf - fill your bowl with a few dried leaves and do half a bucket to get your throat used to the smoke. Then quickly refill and do a couple of full buckets and I guarantee you won't be on this planet for much longer. With enhanced leaf reduce the dosage accordingly/
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

narmz
#13 Posted : 12/16/2009 10:59:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Normal leaf didn't work for me the first time I tried it, but I used a pipe - next time I tried it in a bong, and worked fine, if working means that my visions split up between both eyes, was laid out horizontally along my body and my arms and legs looked like the horizon. Very disorienting, probably the reason I haven't gone and tried it again.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.