We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to purify this? Contradictory information found. Information vague. Options

DmtProphecy
#1 Posted : 5/13/2018 3:31:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM made two batches of freebase dmt that turned out with beautiful white crystals. This this last time, not only was the yield only about half or less but it appears that he collected some of the brown liquid in his dropper this time. He really wants to purify this. As far as the yield goes, there are several things it coukd be... 1. The fact that he did not seal the plastic wrap on good when it was in the freezer like the other times (its also possible he used less naptha (even early on it didn't look like much), 2. the fact that he left it to acidity possibly even 24 hours before beginning, or 3. the fact that he didn't wait long enough for some other step which I can't recall. Or 4. The freezer was not turned up on high.

Anyways the reason that I know that the brownish color is brown stuff sucked from the baster is because I saw the tray not long after he put it in the fridge and it was pretty obvious that there were dots and steaks of the brown stuff floating in the naptha. Not all of the crystals were brownish... Some looked white but it was impossible to separate them so SWIM scooped them in a pile together. I think SWIM just decided to make this on days that he was not motivated to do a good job. The first night he got tired too soon and wasn't able to finish until late the next night. At that point he just wanted to relax from a days work. :/

I've read about purifying it was possible with 100% acetone. The tutorial never specifies whether it is for freebase, salt or sobering else. It will mention only that freebase is soluable in acetone and salt is not. Therefore I'm assuming that this means that the acetone is for freebase. I really don't want to go based on an assumption though. I've listed two sources. The first says acetone does not work with freebase and the second link says it does work with it...

http://www.tripproject.ca/trip/?q=node/2028

It says it doesn't work worth freebase dmt.^^^

"So a person can clean their freebase DMT by dissolving the DMT in acetone. All the sodium carbonate will sink to the bottom of the acetone. Pour the acetone through a filter and all the sodium carbonate is removed. Evaporate the acetone and you have clean DMT."

This says it does work with freebase DMT ^^^

It couldn't be more unclear or contradictory.

Can someone clarify the following for me just in case? It doesn't say how to make the salt water. SWIM doesn't want it to be converted to fumerate though.

"is cleaning and purification. To do this, you wash it with whatever solvent the DMT WONT dissolve in. A thourough cleaning would involve (starting with the freebase dissolved in nonploar solvent): Add equal volume of salt water, agitate, separate, discard the water layer. Add HCl/water to the nonpolar layer, agitate, separate, discard nonpolar layer. You just converted the freebase to a salt, DMT HCl, which is water soluble. {Optionally, wash with fresh nonpolar solvent, then discard it}. Rebasify, and extract back to nonpolar solvent like you did in the first place. This is not always necessary, but if you want to get it really clean you can."

Then there is this...

"just get some Non-sudsy ammonia (make sure ammonia is the only ingredient... you dont want anything else in there). Put the DMT on a coffee filter, then drip the ammonia over the DMT. You dont need to use much, maybe 50-100 mL for that amount. Drip the ammonia over the dmt, allow it to drip through the filter , then let the DMT on the filter dry out , and you'll have clean DMT that is not harsh on your lungs."

Is this a good idea?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 5/13/2018 5:57:54 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hi,

If all you are trying to do is clean up your DMT freebase, just do a re-x (recrystallization) in something like naphtha or heptane. This is probably the simplest way to do it, imho.

From the FAQ: How does one recrystallize?
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DmtProphecy
#3 Posted : 5/13/2018 7:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 5/13/2018 10:21:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I simply recrystallize from naphtha or heptane.

For more thorough cleanup, you can use activated charcoal (AC) washing, this will eat quite some material though.

Another option is mini-A/B, which is basically re-extraction: dissolve freebase in acicid water, base, pull with NPS, freeze-precipitate.

Yet another option would be to backsalt from NPS to acidic water and proceed with mini-A/B, this will save you one step.

It is also possible to form DMT salt, wash it, then convert back to freebase, but this is lots of work as re-x is way more practical.