We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No lemon juice for rue tea. What about.... Options

DmtProphecy
#1 Posted : 5/10/2018 8:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have lemon juice for syrian rue tea. If it's necessary I'll get some. I happen to have some kiwis on hand though. If I ate one of those with the tea and chewed it up real good, would that work equally well? I have some 'Emergen C' which has ascorbic acid. How many kiwis would it take if you had to guess?

Also a lemon juice question... does concentrate work?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 5/10/2018 8:58:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lemon juice makes it taste much worse, last few times i made rue tea without it, it worked as well and the taste was much more acceptable, so i'm never putting lemon in it again Smile you can add ginger, honey and herbs at the end.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

#3 Posted : 5/11/2018 2:44:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Lemon juice makes it taste much worse, last few times i made rue tea without it, it worked as well and the taste was much more acceptable, so i'm never putting lemon in it again Smile you can add ginger, honey and herbs at the end.

I agree with Sakk about the lemon.

Rue tea with lemon hikes up the disgusting factor multifold ime Laughing

Even drinking rue tea as-is warm was pretty off-putting for me, when it's warm especially if somewhat concentrated, it always reminded me of the sour taste that sometimes accompanies puke lol

Now after I'd make it I just chill it before drinking, it nearly cuts out that taste/flavor ime

DmtProphecy
#4 Posted : 5/11/2018 2:46:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I'm sure it will be fine then. I didn't get to use it last night though and then it for spilled out in the fridge so I'll have to make more. :/