We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Could filtering kill yield? Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 5/8/2018 8:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I filter the MHRB tea as it is easier to work with and no naphtha will get trapped in the sludge on bottom.

However, last time I filtered the tea as usual, reduced the amount and while it was hot, I added the salt. Usually I first filter the reduced liquid and add salt afterwards. Now I've got terrible yield of ~0.5%

When filtering the salted reduced liquid, I had to use cheesecloth as a piece of plasticky matter formed (something like a black bubble gum), that I am afraid ate most of the actives.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/12/2018 9:59:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That goo was probably condensed tannins, which may well be capable of binding a significant quantity of DMT.

Attacking the goo with caustic soda would be worth a try.

Never throw anything away until you're sure you've got the goods!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 5/13/2018 10:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes most likely tannins since the tea was black and liquid while at near-boiling temperature, but upon cooling it turns brown and got denser. Tannins are known to drop in solubility significantly with water temperature.

I will probably stick with filtration only to remove crude plant matter and then go ahead and add salt and the caustic soda.