We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peyote Cactus (Lophophora w. caespitosa) Moving flower filaments Options

Ulim
#1 Posted : 5/2/2018 9:30:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One can clearly see the movements of the flower
I saw a vid of it happening and wanted to try it too.
The movement is rather quick and resets after roughly 10 minutes.

I believe this is to improve pollen distribution to insects because they dive in for nectar and trigger the stamen to close around it making sure it catches a lot of pollen when it the insects squeeze out. Its optimized so every size of insects gets dusted as the desert prolly only gives sparse insect population.

See attached avi for my version or join into chat for a high quality version as i cannot attach that here.
Its clearly visible around :30 and also if you compare the start to the end. The camera does not move so its clearly visible how the flower changed Thumbs up

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ulim
#2 Posted : 5/2/2018 9:34:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also the full cactus shot Very happy
Ulim attached the following image(s):
DSCF1275.JPG (4,693kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/2/2018 10:14:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That is amazing, thanks for showing me something new today!

Lynn (from the video) is always so happy. She also grows lots of Trichocereus and peyote. Could these two points be in any way related? Big grin Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ulim
#4 Posted : 5/4/2018 2:21:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
That is amazing, thanks for showing me something new today!

Lynn (from the video) is always so happy. She also grows lots of Trichocereus and peyote. Could these two points be in any way related? Big grin Love

Likely Razz

Wakinyan
#5 Posted : 6/6/2018 3:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
One can clearly see the movements of the flower
I saw a vid of it happening and wanted to try it too.
The movement is rather quick and resets after roughly 10 minutes.

I believe this is to improve pollen distribution to insects because they dive in for nectar and trigger the stamen to close around it making sure it catches a lot of pollen when it the insects squeeze out. Its optimized so every size of insects gets dusted as the desert prolly only gives sparse insect population.

See attached avi for my version or join into chat for a high quality version as i cannot attach that here.
Its clearly visible around :30 and also if you compare the start to the end. The camera does not move so its clearly visible how the flower changed Thumbs up

Thigmotactic anthers help ensure self fertilization. Your going to want to cut those off prior to the anthers maturing if you want to cross pollinate with another locality.
When I graft you graft we graft