We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ingesting Metals Options

Cactus Man
#1 Posted : 4/29/2018 7:07:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Years ago I came upon a finely powdered mix of gold indium and titanium which was designed to be taken internally. The recommendation given with it was to take a small amount (~10mg) twice a day for a month and that you would feel "something". More or less I believe it is supposed to detoxify or possibly enhance connections within the mind and body. So after taking it about once or so a day for a month or two I think it has come to produce some degree of positive results. I do feel like I have been having more clarity and spiritual influence on my life. I am thinking differently than I used to and all around I feel more positive about things.

Is this the result of the metals? I never researched truly what the metals specifically are supposed to do but I think I am beginning to notice some results(?)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 4/29/2018 11:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I quick search on the internet and cannot find anything that would indicate that these elements would have any beneficial effect. Not unless you are a flat screen TV or something. In fact there is some evidence that shows there may be increased risk by consuming these rare non food elements.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC4476525/
https://pdfs.semanticsch...863f970ed522d1fbd357.pdf
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Lumina
#3 Posted : 4/30/2018 12:03:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It is not unheard of people ingesting metals. I’ve heard stories that at times tibetans (now nepalese) used to cook their meals in the metal singing bowls. This particular process was not pursued very often. It was only done when there was shortage of certain foods and ailments in order to try and recalibrate to some extent the lack of minerals in the body, some of which would be present in the various alloys out of which the instruments were being forged.

Though it is a very nice story indeed, the veracity of it remains unknown.

My opinion is that unless intructed by a professional to do so, upon having done some tests and finding out a result that would confirm the lack, and therefore the need, of said metals in ones body, I myself would choose not to ingest them.

Researching is a whole different thing, but even after gathering sufficient information I’d still be cautious with metals.

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 4/30/2018 2:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have a name of the brand or any more information in that regard?? Seems kind of unusual but people do ingest silver right? Collodial silver or whatever it's called?

Cactus Man
#5 Posted : 4/30/2018 3:13:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this is the brand https://www.zptech.net/

Northerner
#6 Posted : 4/30/2018 5:11:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The site reeks of hocus pocus and carefully calculated sales backlinking. Neutral

A mish mash of faux-science contextualized in irrelevance, bundled with spirituality and superstition... which is awash with capitalist greed.

Pay money and drink the magic juice, something might happen... well yeah. Something always happens.

Snake oil.

Cactus Man
#7 Posted : 4/30/2018 5:17:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I didnt buy it nor would I personally but I do believe that low and behold it has come to produce some result. Take that with a grain of salt but It is indeed true.

This is specifically the only one I have tried and is the one this thread is referring to.

https://www.zptech.net/product/shift/

Northerner
#8 Posted : 4/30/2018 6:38:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a lot to be said about the power of placebo.

It's the same as homeopathy, which is a muti-billion dollar industry. In no double blind test with verifiable, repeatable results has homeopathy been more effective than placebo, ever. Yet millions of people swear by it.

It shows us what our minds are capable of. Thumbs up

antares
#9 Posted : 4/30/2018 5:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would urge caution until there is very good evidence to say that they are safe even before looking at potential benefits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_toxicity

https://www.fda.gov/Medi...ipImplants/ucm241604.htm

Gold used to be (and still is to a very limited extent) used in treating rheumatoid arthritis and some other autoimmune conditions. As far as I am aware it needs to be injected as it is not absorbed well when given by any other route. Toxicity is well recognised.

The rare elements haven't been studied as well in humans but if we extrapolate, it doesn't look very promising for the safety of a lot of these supplements.

Ulim
#10 Posted : 4/30/2018 5:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gold is toxic to the human body. So is indium. I would recommend not repeating that.
Titanium not really as its a very common element and found nearly everywhere. Its also used in form of its oxide in toothpaste and chewing gum.
Also titanium in powder form will absolutely turn into the oxide because as a powder its very prone to oxidation.

Definetly avoid ingesting any metals. Dont forget that people actually died from metal poisonings very often because they ate acidic foods out of lead, copper and other metal pans and plates. Nowadays we use mostly ceramics to eat out of. And steel which is definetly less toxic than lead and copper.

Doc Buxin
#11 Posted : 5/1/2018 9:47:55 PM

Pay No Mind

Northerner wrote:
...It's the same as homeopathy, which is a muti-billion dollar industry. In no double blind test with verifiable, repeatable results has homeopathy been more effective than placebo, ever. Yet millions of people swear by it...

Yet infants and animals can't experience a placebo affect and homeopathic remedies, at least IME, tend to work the best on infants and animals.

I have also found that homeopathic remedies tend to work very poorly, if at all in adult humans.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Cactus Man
#12 Posted : 5/1/2018 11:03:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone here attest to have taken these metals or any other metals personally?

Ulim
#13 Posted : 5/1/2018 11:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cactus Man wrote:
Can anyone here attest to have taken these metals or any other metals personally?

Drool I have toxicoligy

See paper attached

DansMaTete
#14 Posted : 5/2/2018 12:59:59 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Doc Buxin wrote:
Yet infants and animals can't experience a placebo affect ...

Placebo effect is a strange beast and the way it works still has a part of mystery but it also works on animals (and infants are animals Smile ).

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Cactus Man
#15 Posted : 5/2/2018 2:24:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Cactus Man wrote:

Drool I have toxicoligy

See paper attached

great referenceThumbs up