We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Reality Doesn't Exist Options

pitubo
#21 Posted : 4/28/2018 12:28:47 AM

dysfunctional word machine

dragonrider wrote:
Well, that is exactly what i thought you meant.

words can be really confusing. Wink Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ETERNAL
#22 Posted : 4/28/2018 12:45:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Truth is beyond logic. We are infinite eternal consciousness.
There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.

ETERNAL
#23 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:01:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Identity is not an illusion, or delusion.
The idea of a separate, and/or permanent identity is both.

ETERNAL
#24 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:07:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Believing YOU are constant and permanent is an illusion. Duality is an illusion.

ETERNAL
#25 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:21:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cactus Man wrote:
reality is largely in the eye of the beholder but do not allow this simple truth to override some of the other truths of reality. we need to have some level of distinction between things otherwise we are powerless to change or effect them.

We are not powerless. You and I are.

ETERNAL
#26 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Non-duality = Reality

Eaglepath
#27 Posted : 4/28/2018 9:36:33 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

And with my machete I chop down the disturbing words and concepts which strangles my understanding, through out the jungle to finally get the opening of clearity to calm my mind and to see with true eyes...Pleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

MentaliT
#28 Posted : 4/29/2018 12:47:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Truth and reality is concepts created by language.. language is man made.. a creative gift sent by the gods or something with we could communicate.. We then created the illusion of truth and reality to really keep us busy ever since..Smile

Illusions are real... they exist no?

I wonder if language was in our head before we could talk... if so.. which language?Smile and who spoke?..

Perhaps language wasn't so definite and far more abstract, such as an emotion. Maybe we were far more empathetic so we wouldn't necessarily need to speak in such a complex manner because we could literally feel what one another is feeling.

Eaglepath
#29 Posted : 4/29/2018 8:23:30 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

MentaliT wrote:
Eaglepath wrote:
Truth and reality is concepts created by language.. language is man made.. a creative gift sent by the gods or something with we could communicate.. We then created the illusion of truth and reality to really keep us busy ever since..Smile

Illusions are real... they exist no?

I wonder if language was in our head before we could talk... if so.. which language?Smile and who spoke?..

Perhaps language wasn't so definite and far more abstract, such as an emotion. Maybe we were far more empathetic so we wouldn't necessarily need to speak in such a complex manner because we could literally feel what one another is feeling.

And then the mushrooms came crashing down like missiles from the sky, created the language a network of "mycilium language" using humans to escalade this with technology and internet into a huge mycilium network.... If they are doing similar on other planets it is probably a sign of the mushroom taking over the whole universe!Pleased Love it!

DmnStr8
#30 Posted : 4/29/2018 4:33:48 PM

Come what may

There is no spoon.

Rolling eyes Big grin
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

SpaceSeek
#31 Posted : 4/29/2018 4:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"You like to see homos naked?"
SpaceSeek is a fictional character. Everything posted on this account is for educational and entertainment purposes only. SpaceSeek does not condone the use of any illegal substance. Use of post content from this account without authors said permission is prohibited.

Love,
SpaceSeek

Eaglepath
#32 Posted : 4/29/2018 5:04:20 PM

DmnStr8 wrote:
There is no spoon.

Rolling eyes Big grin

"You take the red or the blue pill?" I dont know.. can you mix them?!?!Smile

LongTimeWaiting
#33 Posted : 2/5/2020 7:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bumping my old thread because I came across a book. It's called. "Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe" Authored by Robert Lanza.

I am close to finishing it, but the chapters I have read so far discuss how everything no matter if it's a solid object or something like light, exists with a wave-function state and a particle state. When a conscious observer observes the object, say a bed, the object will drop its wave function and exist in a state of particles. I don't want to get too detailed until I finish the book, but without an observer of reality, the universe exists in an undefined state, as either a wave or a particle. Until you have a conscious mind observing, the universe will always be undefined because it doesn't know how to "act". Should it act as a wave or a particle?

Maybe someone else could chime in? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the information I've read. Either way, check out the book. It's really interesting.

LongTimeWaiting
#34 Posted : 2/5/2020 7:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ETERNAL wrote:
Identity is not an illusion, or delusion.
The idea of a separate, and/or permanent identity is both.

If I'm understanding you correctly I agree. Once you realize everything is one, you realize the self is not separate from anything. The world is not Me and Them. It's we. It's us.

Scylla
#35 Posted : 2/5/2020 7:54:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LongTimeWaiting wrote:

It's possible a machine can define what reality is and what reality adhere's by, but until then, we're unable to live in true reality, we only live in our reality.

But does the machine have self awareness....or is it simply another way of measuring the reality that doesn't exist until we measure it?

Wolfnippletip
#36 Posted : 2/5/2020 8:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

LongTimeWaiting
#37 Posted : 2/5/2020 10:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Scylla wrote:
LongTimeWaiting wrote:

It's possible a machine can define what reality is and what reality adhere's by, but until then, we're unable to live in true reality, we only live in our reality.

But does the machine have self awareness....or is it simply another way of measuring the reality that doesn't exist until we measure it?

According to the book, once you measure whatever it is you are measuring, the object's atoms will know you are measuring them and act accordingly, as either a wave or a particle. Maybe, hypothetically, a machine will be developed that can trick the atoms into revealing their true state, IF, they have a true state.

I would say, for now. The machine doesn't help in our ability to measure "true" reality because once we apply our consciousness to the scenario, the atoms act accordingly.

One part of the book that really blew my mind was how the electrons they observed were able to send information to each other at a speed faster than light. If the pair of electrons were separated by the length of the universe and one electron was observed, the other would know how to act. Strange stuff.

AmongstTrees
#38 Posted : 2/6/2020 6:39:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
the object's atoms will know you are measuring them and act accordingly, as either a wave or a particle. Maybe, hypothetically, a machine will be developed that can trick the atoms into revealing their true state, IF, they have a true state.

I don’t tend to go deep on the formal philosophy but I’ve been noodling quite a bit lately on panpsychism. This statement made me see a connection between that philosophy covering several notions of consciousness being everywhere. Specifically one line of thought which suggests even the atoms of inanimate material would have some primitive consciousness driving their “behavior” chemically/biologically.

My recent experiences have brought me to the conclusion that the Earth is one organism of which we are simply a part and that the organism is unlikely confined to this Earthly instantiation. What ever it is that breaths its consciousness into us and our world extends far beyond what we can see. Therefore, we cannot see reality. Without the use of psychedelic substances or careful meditation, we are trapped in the lies told by our senses (and the rest of our nervous system). And when we do get glimpses of reality we are doomed to doubt the veracity due to our function being so dependent on the biological senses.

All of which brings me to read your summary and conclude, yup, that makes perfect sense to me. I believe we are fundamentally incapable of perceiving or measuring what is real using any of our present tools of mind or matter because it’s biologically impossible for us to measure what’s really going on here. But we can pursue knowledge and experience which brings us to a better understanding. I don’t mean to discount the pursuits we’re all variously engaged in. Only that I don’t see much point in trying to prove one particular set of conclusions vs. another because it’s all infected by the limitations of our existence and reality.

But maybe someone should just try talking to the atoms, like some do with plants, and ask them to sit still for the big microscope Smile

This is what I try to do when my friend from the other side peers into me...

dragonrider
#39 Posted : 2/6/2020 10:56:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
Scylla wrote:
LongTimeWaiting wrote:

According to the book, once you measure whatever it is you are measuring, the object's atoms will know you are measuring them and act accordingly, as either a wave or a particle. Maybe, hypothetically, a machine will be developed that can trick the atoms into revealing their true state, IF, they have a true state.

I would say, for now. The machine doesn't help in our ability to measure "true" reality because once we apply our consciousness to the scenario, the atoms act accordingly.

One part of the book that really blew my mind was how the electrons they observed were able to send information to each other at a speed faster than light. If the pair of electrons were separated by the length of the universe and one electron was observed, the other would know how to act. Strange stuff.

Yes, there is always the possibility that things don't have a true state at all untill they are being measured. Especially if there are two or more states that have the same likelyhood of being true.

LongTimeWaiting
#40 Posted : 2/7/2020 1:11:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing that blew my mind in this book is that space doesn't exist. Bare with me. The distance from A to B is of a certain length only relative to the speed you are traveling. This connects the idea that you can separate two electrons from the "width" of the universe and they will instantaneously communicate with each other. It's because, at their speed, there is simply no distance between them. If you were to travel at the speed of light, everything would be touching and have no separation or distance between them.

If I were to recommend any book to someone, it would be this one. After each chapter, I have to pace around my room and scream in my head. It's broken down everything I thought was true.

PREV123NEXT