We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chacruna d-limo extraction #2 - results in Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 11/23/2009 1:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am beginning my 2nd attempt at an extration with Chacruna.

My plan is this:

3 x acid boils, with Hydrochloric Acid, (1st boil going on now, ph is around 4)

Remove and drain all plant material.

Add enough lye to bring pH up to about 11.

Add limonene and continue as per Jorkests FASW tek.

Specific questions:

Is it better to add lye before or after removing plant material?
Should I go for a lower pH for the acid boil?
Should I do a defat stage, and if so which solvent to use - I have some heavy naphtha I can use...

Many thanks people.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/23/2009 2:42:37 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

balaganist wrote:
Is it better to add lye before or after removing plant material?

Well, obviously after you remove the plant material, you may not be happy filtering sodium hydroxide solutions! If you add lye along with the plant material it won't be much different from an STB so why would you do A/B in the first place?

A problem with STB and leaf material is that the leaves will be floating on top instead of sinking (like MHRB does)

balaganist wrote:
Should I go for a lower pH for the acid boil?

Nope, pH 4 is fine

balaganist wrote:
Should I do a defat stage, and if so which solvent to use - I have some heavy naphtha I can use...
Defat is not necessary if you go FASW. When you pull the fumarates from limo you leave the fats behindWink If you really wanted to defat properly you should do it with the solvent you're pulling but you wouldn't like to waste limo on an unnecessary defat!!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

balaganist
#3 Posted : 11/23/2009 2:46:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Infundibulum, I'll report back soon Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

balaganist
#4 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

an estimated 250mg of waxy yellow spice was just scraped up from the evaporating dish (220mg actually scraped up and the rest is an estimate of what was left stuck to the dish).

this was from around 200g Chacruna, a mix from two different suppliers.

some changa has been prepared and is awaiting evaporation (caapi leaf + mullein + caapi iso extract)....
I did this partly as a gift to a friend who has developed a taste for smoked spice during ayahuasca sessions... but he wanted to keep to chacruna, he found the mimosa spice too 'clowny'.... when we tried chacruna extract together previously at the end of an aya session it was very different for me than mimosa-extracted spice. Very spacious and abstract visuals. I have yet to try the chacruna-spice outside of an aya ceremony, I will report my findings when I do.

gammagore
#5 Posted : 11/25/2009 10:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool thread,

Ive been wondering about the different journey a person gets from mimosa or chacruna extact.

I think polytrip mentioned that chacruna gives more geometric visuals.

Anyone here have any experince with the two?

Hope to hear some reports soon balaganist.Smile