We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The never ending naphtha pull... what is going on? Options

n0thing
#1 Posted : 4/21/2018 1:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am reconverting and every time i pull I get about 200mg from about 50ml of naphtha each time. I am probably up to pull 15. I keep freeze precip but the crystals just keep on coming. Pulling at room temp.

Argghh will this ever end? I am think I should just fan dry all of this an dry tek it..

The real problem is, if my naphtha is doing this with a rather clear fumarate reconversion then how much DMT would be stuck in the standard extraction jars? Shocked

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 4/21/2018 1:58:08 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

How much material did you start with? Which tek are you following?

If this is a wet tek, and you are not doing so already, you should be able to add salt to improve the partition into the solvent (CYBs Max ion tek)
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

muladharma
#3 Posted : 4/21/2018 1:59:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

If this is a wet tek, and you are not doing so already, you should be able to add salt to improve the partition into the solvent (CYBs Max ion tek)

Depending on type of bark you may be able to estimate the maximum alk content i think. So you know the upper bounds of the yield.
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

n0thing
#4 Posted : 4/24/2018 2:42:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

I assume my yields are all there because i pulled close to 0.7% but it took me over 15 pulls Wut? Even compensated by adding more naphtha layer so it is about or under 1/7th of the solution.

I've done many extractions so i dont follow teks anymore but something similar to lextek i guess. It is just my naphtha never did this before, maybe they changed the properties of it to avoid dmt extractors getting the goods? Laughing

n0thing
#5 Posted : 4/24/2018 2:45:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

muladharma wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Depending on type of bark you may be able to estimate the maximum alk content i think. So you know the upper bounds of the yield.

Yeah 1% from the acacia analysis threads. But that proves to me with certainty that something is up when it takes me over 15 pulls to reach 0.7%

Loveall
#6 Posted : 4/24/2018 2:45:30 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

So this coincides with a new naphtha bottle?

Also, are you sure you basified enough?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

n0thing
#7 Posted : 4/24/2018 2:54:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
So this coincides with a new naphtha bottle?

Also, are you sure you basified enough?

yeah absolutely. there is a lot of lye in there! I am gonna try adding salt and mix for longer and see if that helps Wink thanks

arcologist
#8 Posted : 4/24/2018 3:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I"ve had something this experience before when converting from fumarate to freebase and doing various extractions. It seems like you can never get all of the DMT out of the aqueous layer, e.g. you only get ~80% on each pull, so it's 0.2*0.2*0.2*0.2…= 0.2^N remaining in aqueous layer for the Nth pull. I was never able to recover 100% of the DMT using this method, there would always be a layer of fluffy white DMT floating the top of the aqueous layer. Xylene seems to get more, but then you can't freeze precipitate… For this reason I now use sodium carbonate+acetone instead to do fumarate->freebase conversion, which seems to have less losses.

Astonish
#9 Posted : 4/24/2018 5:03:27 AM

Ontological Philosopher

I am having a similar experience.
per 100g mhrb basis
I am using
100ML 5% vinegar
mix for 20 minutes
120ML hot water mix for another 10
95gram pickling lime.

I then use naptha as you, warmed up solvent, with the plate of bark over boiling water and mixed for 10 minutes before filtered into a jar and then poured onto a glass plate and freeze precipitated.
I have done 7 pulls totaling 3.3G of this same bark in a week and a half.
I have done evap test on my solvent evaporates clean. the final product is 100% dry white powder crystals, no discoloration or anything. I usually only get 1.5-2g off 100g, only thing I changed was
the amount of lime I used, 95G opposed to 60g
Learning is the paramount delectation, and tribulation in life.
~Astonish

some one
#10 Posted : 5/21/2018 1:44:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
For this reason I now use sodium carbonate+acetone instead to do fumarate->freebase conversion, which seems to have less losses.

Which tek do you mean by sodium carbonate+acetone?

Quote:
I am having a similar experience.
per 100g mhrb basis
I am using
100ML 5% vinegar
mix for 20 minutes
120ML hot water mix for another 10
95gram pickling lime.

You add 100 ml vinegar to 120 ml water and soak for 30 min? That's a very low pH and short soak time. Maybe to short to dissolve dmt into solution, like doing STB tek without waiting long enough. And if pH is too low, maybe lye can't reach high enough pH? Try adding 60 ml vinegar to 300 ml water and soak for 2 hours @ 60 C prior basing. This works for me:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=856094#post856094
some = one | here = some | there = one

n0thing
#11 Posted : 5/24/2018 4:33:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Quote:
For this reason I now use sodium carbonate+acetone instead to do fumarate->freebase conversion, which seems to have less losses.

Which tek do you mean by sodium carbonate+acetone?

that would be the fumarate-freebase conversion dry tek