We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Why do DMT? Options

w0mbat
#1 Posted : 11/23/2009 1:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Serious question. Just wondering why people do it.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 11/23/2009 1:58:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Same reason I get out of bed in a morning. There's just so much out there Smile

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 11/23/2009 1:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a question...
Obviously because people want to heal themselves and to grow spiritually.
That's at least me.
elusive illusion

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/23/2009 2:18:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

smoke some and find outWink
Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 11/23/2009 2:55:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

The molecule calls, it sings to me the story of life. The molecule confirms my place in the universe, the molecule confirms my existence, not as Joe the plummer, but as part of all that is god. I am the universe and I am alive forever through eternity. I do DMT because of the teachings of love and the loving thought and care that I am welcomed with every visit.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 11/23/2009 3:17:57 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Because plants have interesting things to say.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

WSaged
#7 Posted : 11/23/2009 3:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why wouldn't you....if you could?

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyrolima
#8 Posted : 11/23/2009 4:56:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

more important:

Why asking that question?
elusive illusion

smokeydaze
#9 Posted : 11/23/2009 8:18:55 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

importantly more:

Why do you do it.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 11/24/2009 2:33:49 AM

John Murdoch IV

People definitely do it for different reasons. My reason is that I'm just madly curious about the nature of consciousness and like Coatl said plants have interesting things to say Smile
I just love to see things that are out of the ordinary. And I think nothing is more out of the ordinary as DMT.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

balaganist
#11 Posted : 11/24/2009 2:51:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the quest for knowledge.

the doorway to eternity

to receive teachings about the nature of existence..
and to learn about universal love, the creative force of the universe.

balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 11/24/2009 3:22:47 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

why not?
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

lonewolf123
#13 Posted : 11/24/2009 3:25:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So you just do it cause youre bored on your couch?

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 11/24/2009 4:19:51 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Yea, pretty much Wink

I mean, when I look at what most people do in general, it seems aimed at filling the hours between dawn and dusk. Growing, extracting, exploring and researching entheogens is something that I both find fulfilling and occupying. So, for that reason alone I could say it interests me enough, I'm curious, why not explore it?

It wasn't so much a question of why I was going to do dmt as when. For me, the why of why do DMT lies somewhere much deeper than DMT, along my own curiosities about existence, nature, and reality. The question posed is answered by the reasons I'm so fascinated and awed by the psychedelic experience in general.

Besides, I think we can all agree, with a little spice you're definitely no longer "bored on your couch" Very happy Very happy
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 11/24/2009 4:29:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Referring to SWIM's preferred method of sublingual THH and vaporized DMT: SWIM thinks of it as sort of a neuro-supplement. Generally he considers it in a somewhat transhumanist sense, but then there's also a very primal level to it. It's incredibly irrational and intoxicating and full of energy, but it also seems to augment SWIM's inward perception. For SWIM, it's like experiencing the beast-like and god-like aspects himself to a far greater degree of awareness than normal.

Straight DMT's a bit different, for SWIM it's like a glimpse at the primordial encoding of his mind in it's most raw form, devoid of rationality, yet somehow beyond or even within the irrational. Sometimes SWIM can catch a glimpse of archetypes, but it's usually difficult to know what to make of it. Yet, somehow SWIM feels that he's rearranged something in his mind after strong experiences, though he can't quite explain how or what.

So overall, it's a venue for enhancement, exuberance an exploration, and perhaps it instills a sort of veneration for our world, our origins, and the enormous complexity of our inner-workings.

lonewolf123
#16 Posted : 11/24/2009 4:46:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Yea, pretty much Wink

I mean, when I look at what most people do in general, it seems aimed at filling the hours between dawn and dusk. Growing, extracting, exploring and researching entheogens is something that I both find fulfilling and occupying. So, for that reason alone I could say it interests me enough, I'm curious, why not explore it?

It wasn't so much a question of why I was going to do dmt as when. For me, the why of why do DMT lies somewhere much deeper than DMT, along my own curiosities about existence, nature, and reality. The question posed is answered by the reasons I'm so fascinated and awed by the psychedelic experience in general.

Besides, I think we can all agree, with a little spice you're definitely no longer "bored on your couch" Very happy Very happy

swim does too Very happy and your second response sums up the why pretty good

wake and bacon
#17 Posted : 11/25/2009 12:25:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Not doing so, once one has the knowledge of it, would be akin to not opening up the greatest book you could ever read, or should I say feel Cool
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

Oncewas
#18 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:06:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The molecule calls, it sings to me the story of life. The molecule confirms my place in the universe, the molecule confirms my existence, not as Joe the plummer, but as part of all that is god. I am the universe and I am alive forever through eternity. I do DMT because of the teachings of love and the loving thought and care that I am welcomed with every visit.

So beautiful, and so true.

Why do DMT in my words?

Do DMT to explore that which is already in you. Do DMT to explore that which is amongst many living things. Do DMT to comprehend the beauty of existence instead of the pain of narrowed visions.

Astralking
#19 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because it's amazing Razz. It's incredible what the human mind seems to be capable of doing, or what the other universes have got to show us Very happyVery happyVery happy. I just love exploring what the brain can show to us or make us think/feel.

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Bill Cipher
#20 Posted : 11/25/2009 3:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House Shaman wrote:

No possible way I could say it any better than that.

12NEXT