We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Investigating the cause of weird tiny fruit bodies Options

Rick Sanchez
#1 Posted : 4/10/2018 9:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

recently Ive noticed some very strange activity in a couple of my monotubs. Out of the 30 or so Ive spawned so far, this is the only time Ive seen anything like this and havent been able to locate a similar account anywhere. The fruits grew incredibly slow and took around a week to mature, yet remained the size of a pin when the caps opened. An entire tub would yield around 7g dry instead of 112+ like usual. This was not genetic as it was seen simultaneously between two different strains (GT and Mazatapec) and was not likely the result of conditions in the grow area as another tub nearby (Maza) continued to produce healthy fruits the whole time. How is it possible for this bizarre growth pattern to simultaneously effect only two monotubs that each contained a distinct strain while none of the other tubs around them showed any irregularities? The only conclusion I can imagine at this point is bacteria but I could easily be missing something. Has anyone else experienced this?
Rick Sanchez attached the following image(s):
shrum.jpg (167kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 4/11/2018 8:35:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you would be better of asking this on the shroomery. They have the experts there.

Did you monitor moisture and such? Maybe the temp was low?

I once made a "fun" shroom grow where i let the shroom grow in live and growing rye seeds and it also made these tiny caps only. I feel like the missing of nutrients will keep em from continuing to grow.

Maybe the myc was also only tiny before fruiting yielding only small caps "to scale with the myc"

tseuq
#3 Posted : 4/11/2018 11:53:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Juhu Rick Sanchez,

I read your post yesterday but didn't find time to search for pictures and post a reply. I remember that I had a similar flush once with P.C.GT. It was a massive pinset, where the pins took ages to grow and to finally mature at a similar size like the ones you show on your picture. If my memories are correct, it was just one flush like this. When I am back home on the weekend, I will check for the picture.
If you report on shroomery and a fellow has some proper information about this phenomenom, pls, let me know.

Shroom on, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Felnik
#4 Posted : 4/11/2018 6:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's gonna be all about air flow , temps and moisture levels
One or more of those could be out of wack .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Lumina
#5 Posted : 4/11/2018 8:31:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Moisture overboard + not enough FAE.

Rick Sanchez
#6 Posted : 4/13/2018 1:48:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is definitely plenty of fae, it’s the standard holes w/ polyfill with a fan nearby and I still get pretty nice fruits from the tubs right next door. It could be humidity. I’ve been using casings to compensate for low RH in the air but now that things are a little more humid now I’m guessing that the casing layer might be trapping too much moisture? I haven’t seen the tiny mushrooms on any uncased tubs so this may be the answer.
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

tseuq
#7 Posted : 4/14/2018 8:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found some pictures (from 2014) and this phenomenom showed up on 3 casings. Too much moisture, possible.

tseuq
tseuq attached the following image(s):
PCGTmut.jpg (984kb) downloaded 67 time(s).
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Quetzal7
#8 Posted : 4/15/2018 9:07:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had similar strange experience; whole pinset of B+ which only 10% matured ; huge differences beetween boxes (cambodgian and Z) , with no "easy to guess" logic to it. Moisture content of the substrate vary because the substrate in my pasteurizing bin is wetter on the bottom ; but i kept track of this parameter ; as well as the quality and quantity of grain (1kg to 2kg spawn/box) ; but intuition alone, supported with data, is not yielding any explanation for any phenomenom i observe. I'm with you, it's a frustrating mystery.

edit : i actually noticed indeed one think : the casing was rather a win or loose; i'm at the first flush so we will see how it evolves; but casing tend to create less pins and biguer fruits in the best case, or a failed box in the worst case. Why exatcyl ? I don't know yet. it could be related to timing thou...