We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Skullcap for sore muscles Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 4/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Does anyone have experience with this? Muscles are sore from excersize. I have a lot of this medicinal herb growing outside.

Any other herbs to help with this?

Thanks!
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 4/8/2018 6:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I use it for sore muscles and joints mixed with kava and valerian at night. Myrrh is helpful as well as a tea. Myrrh has mild opioid effects. I usually also add oral cannabis and make all of it into a tea.

good luck!
Long live the unwoke.

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 4/8/2018 7:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skullcap lateriflora helped me in the past with overall pain, assisted cognition, enhanced sleep and reduced anxiety.. so I utilize the small amount I have left for recovering the body/mind when needed. Thumbs up

'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

#4 Posted : 4/8/2018 9:50:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Working out's a big part of my life. Post-workout muscle soreness and recovery, I never had found an herb that worked sufficiently, though as was mentioned, skullcap can have some benefit for sure. I used to take it before bed.

For me the best thing that's worked is some form of full-profile amino acid supplement, and in 2nd place for me [and in addition] was a full spectrum hemp oil or a good profile'd fish oil. Those two things cover all the bases when it comes to recovering from micro-tears/muscle soreness, they're a staple that I've read and seen repeated for many years [and for good reason]. Amino acid supplements are typically taken post workout. Some split the dosage during 'and' post-workout, though I usually will just take them post-workout. I'll split the fish/hemp oil dosage to pre and post workout.

Though just to mention - these two things aren't an immediate fix, though taken over the course of say ..1-2 weeks and onward you'll start to notice their benefits in terms of how you'll feel in post/recovery when it comes to muscle soreness.

edit: I'll usually choose hemp oil over fish oil. Also, these oils I had started using initially for my joints [mainly knees], but then I started noticing that it helped my recovery/soreness quite a bit, especially when paired with a good full amino profile.