We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Harmalas Extraction and Separation Guide Options

doubledog
#81 Posted : 11/7/2023 7:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest to not filter rue tea at all, such step is not needed and is very annoying.
You can directly base tea still with some sediment in it if you want, it does not matter much.
First filtering is necessary only after dissolving precipitated freebase again in acidic water.

I agree that sedimentation/decanting method is great and should be preffered over filtering.

But it's common in plant extractions that after concentration of some plant "tea" a sediment forms despite the tea was filtered before. Solubility of various compounds and their mixes is very complex, quite unexpected behaviour often occurs.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#82 Posted : 11/16/2023 11:36:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

A possible sneaky trick when redissolving freebase into acid/vinegar is to put the powder in a funnel sat on top of a wad of cotton wool and slowly trickle the vinegar/acid through it. A dropping funnel would be ideal for this slow-dripping of acid onto the harmala base but it's not essential. This should clear up a certain amount of the annoying particulates without it being as much of a pain as filtering an actual harmala solution, which is often a complete pita nightmare.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ChrisMMcD
#83 Posted : 12/2/2023 11:04:02 PM

🧿

endlessness wrote:
amount depends on amount of acid use, so hard to make a general estimate... just add slowly and mix well, first it will just neutralize the acid

I wonder why use acid at all when one can just boil harmala seeds in water and obtain the same decoction. I've tried that, and it worked well for extraction, just like for rue tea.
Could you please elaborate?
Thanks!
Witness this object. Witness the inner rotation devoid of transaction. Shut your eyes. No salespersons will disturb. Unwind. Recline. I seek no favors from you. Recline. Unwind. Superior soil effortlessly cleanses away. Recline. Unveil. Orient yourself. Observe. Attend. Employ ears that I'd proudly claim as ours. Attend to the hush amidst the mechanical clamor. Sweetheart, heed. Do you perceive it? It's a ballad of affection.

«PREV345