We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Do you guys consider DXM a legit psychedelic? Options

patiencepays
#121 Posted : 12/26/2011 6:05:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not personally have much experience with DXM, although my couple experiences have led me to perceive it as a "digital version of tripping" if that makes any sense. I have read a lot of work by John C Lily (done LOTS of work with LSD, Ketamine, & Dolphins, possibly in this order), and it seems there may be more to the experience than meets the eye...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

byallmeansart
#122 Posted : 12/26/2011 8:31:21 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

I'd just like to chime in as another former DXM addict. Quite easily ruined my life for a time, infinitely worsened my manic depression, caused the same narcissism and delusions of grandeur that others have mentioned, and led to two attempted suicides, 6 months in a court ordered rehab program, and several arrests.

I feel I can confidently say that had I not started taking Ayahuasca, I would be dead now. Sure, to each their own, but it's dangerous, psychologically addictive, and has that same magical knack for forcing your consciousness inward as the rest of the dissociative anesthetics.

Just my two cents on the matter.
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

Cosmic Rift
#123 Posted : 12/26/2011 12:04:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

patiencepays wrote:
I do not personally have much experience with DXM, although my couple experiences have led me to perceive it as a "digital version of tripping" if that makes any sense. I have read a lot of work by John C Lily (done LOTS of work with LSD, Ketamine, & Dolphins, possibly in this order), and it seems there may be more to the experience than meets the eye...

lol, that cracked me up..

I tend to frown upon dxm use just because it's heavily associated with abuse (cough medicine). I've had two experiences with it myself and it sort of seems like an intoxicating trip instead of stimulating if that makes sense.
Anything said by this account, "Cosmic Rift", is complete and utter bullshit. In the event that it's not completely made up then it is a lie, exaggeration, or I am caught up in the act of role playing.

AluminumFoilRobots
#124 Posted : 12/26/2011 1:19:31 PM

gufyg

^^^^^^
well that's no reason to frown upon something! and abuse does not equal cough syrup! Just because the pharm companies who make the stuff put it in a nasty corn syrup/PEG/menthol/whatever syrup doesn't change anything about the substance, other than faster absorption rates (PEG) and makes it harder to use. In fact, it's waaaay easier to abuse powder, freebase DXM...!

And John Lily, brilliant man - first junky in the history of junkies to call his habit "enlightenment" and stick to that statement. But he was a very brilliant soul. I think the dolphins came first, then LSD and ketamine... and you forgot to mention a Sensory deprivation tank pioneer!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

SKA
#125 Posted : 2/23/2012 3:40:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DXM is a pretty strong dissociative, but not in the least
psychedelic. Then again I did it only once. It was more like alcoholic
intoxication than anything psychedelic. I find that alcohol also strangely
dissociates me from my body to some extent. DXM does something similair,
except more pronounced and without the nausea.

That is my personal experience with DXM. Didn't find it worthwile
to ever use again.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#126 Posted : 12/3/2014 12:17:44 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

I SEVERELY ABUSED DXM for about 3 years when I was a teenager.
I was using it as an escape and it was perfect for that, y'know being a DISASSOCIATIVE

It was my reckless abuse of this powerful substance that has brought on lasting psychological effects and HPPD.
I suffered (and still sometimes do) from delusions, paranoia, de-personalization, ego-less, de-realization.
It ripped the aunthenticity and ground from beneath my feet PERMANENTLY.

I will never be grounded again, but once you fly for the first time you see how finite the ground truly is.

With any substance, you should know the boundaries of safe use.
You should also have a general idea of what you intend to gain from the substance...

In my opinion DXM is just as powerful as anyother substance I have tried.
It has its own space and it is VERY profound if used "correctly".

It allowed me to "take a step back" from my ego and see the clutter of my mind and how everything is intertwined.

It made me forget what my ego even was.
Now I am still re-learning what I am inside and out.
It is a very profound experience and continues every second of the day.
I am constantly making new connections and learning what DXM so violently stripped away.
All psychoactive compounds alter your mind in a way that allows your consciousness to manifest in new ways.

I guess to find the answer to the question, you would have to consider this :

1. What is YOUR definition of a psychedelic?
(After this question is all relative)
There is no universal law deciding what a psychedelic is, we hardly know anything about them anyways!

2. What effects did you get from taking DXM?

3. Did the effects you experienced qualify it as a psychedelic in your opinion?
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

DMT_Tom
#127 Posted : 8/9/2015 5:40:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Scanning the posts here briefly--Some dislike DXM, others respect it, and a few call it addictive.

My opinion- it is QUITE desirable as a monthly meditation, particularly when one does not have access to illegal substances (by choice, in this case). The strong effects I have witnessed, combined with the built-in inconveniences dissuading addiction, render it a top-notch solution to clear one's mind, recreate, and more.

Beyond relaxation, 600mg Dxm-HBr caused a few memorable insights/sensations that I valued greatly.
This prized state of being achieved last experience:
-no physical temptations,
-a relief from the stresses and demands of the flesh (appetites),
-and a deep, hollow peace and separation from all anxiety.
(there were also brand new physical sensations felt, and awe-inspiring dream-like shades of light... and a wee bit of trouble speaking without sounding robotic. lol)

I suppose, in my case, the 'dissociation' factor is highly anticipated. ...But only every once in awhile: I try to fight the evil thoughts that my body and mind is all corrupt. The real fight is carried on day by day, without the aid of medications, without the delusion that constant relief can be obtained through substances.

BUT.... sometimes, it really IS good to break free. Smile
“You, of all people, deserve your own love and affection.” -Buddha

For God so loved the world...
God is Love

«PREV567