We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4567NEXT
Do you guys consider DXM a legit psychedelic? Options

polytrip
#101 Posted : 11/28/2011 2:02:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Cannabis is definately shitty compared to mescaline or ayahuasca. And i have had great experiences with it, but most people just seem to get paranoid when they take a large amount of it...so maybe the way i relate to cannabis is simmilar to how hyperspacefool relates to DXM.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

terra_incognita
#102 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:29:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dxm is a dissociative pyschedelic. i imagine if it wasn't something as gross as cough syrup, it might be more intriguing.

But it's cough syrup and disgusting and after a few expirementations I did off with the stuff for good.

polytrip
#103 Posted : 11/29/2011 1:56:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
terra_incognita wrote:
dxm is a dissociative pyschedelic. i imagine if it wasn't something as gross as cough syrup, it might be more intriguing.

But it's cough syrup and disgusting and after a few expirementations I did off with the stuff for good.

In some places you can get pure DXM. For as long as the lawman allows ofcourse.

Hyperspace Fool
#104 Posted : 11/29/2011 2:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Many countries offer pure DXM pills or gelcaps over the counter... those that don't can always order bulk DXM or extract it from the shittier products.

Another option is to explore the disso world with the easy to come by and ridiculously cheap younger brother MXE. (actually much closer to DXM than it is to Ketamine)

As for the egoic, narcissistic nature of DXM... generally egomania, narcissism and delusions of grandeur are epic fun for the one experiencing them. It is everyone else around the person who wants them to come off their high horse.

LSD and Aya are perfectly capable of inducing such delusions and narcissism as well. Do not fool yourself.

Basically anything that makes you feel superhuman, unlocks latent powers in you that give you advantages and experiences unknown to most normal folk, and connects you to the grander reality of your beingness when not trapped in the little bird cage you call your life... is bound to be viewed from the outside as narcissistic.

My question is why would anyone prefer delusions of insignificance? Is it somehow better to be broken down and made to feel small?

Dissos are not an entirely inward journey. They are expansive beyond measure if you know how to use them.

Anyway... I'm done being the voice for dissos. Do them, don't do them... look down on them if it makes you feel good. There are plenty of people in the wide world who look down on your drug of choice and think of you as being delusional and narcissistic as well. In fact, this is only the typical stereotype of an acid freak...
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tigerstrike92
#105 Posted : 11/29/2011 6:03:02 PM

Homo-divinorum

Hyperspace Fool - Please do not stop being the voice for disso's. I have found your advice wonderfully helpful, informative, precautious, and entertaining. I appreciate everything you have to say about them, because (not to be cliche) but knowledge is POWER! and if i am not mistaking, one of the goals here at the nexus is to empower those who seek to expand their consciousness by giving them the knowledge, and letting them make their own decisions.

Some people do not prefer disso's, (which is completely fine, because they are NOT the topic of the forum), but it would be awesome if people could look at the compound itself and not the attachments to it (i.e. cough syrup). Every compound that is not inherently and obviously and proven-to-be very dangerous (amphetamines, opiates, etc.) deserves conversation until it is otherwise proven.

Thank you for all the knowledge, HF. Very happy
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Mindlusion
#106 Posted : 11/29/2011 10:05:14 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

You extract DMT, but you don't extract DXM? Confused
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

AluminumFoilRobots
#107 Posted : 11/30/2011 9:38:11 PM

gufyg

Perhaps it came off that I meant "egoic" in a negative manner- I just meant the dissociatives tend to (at high doses) scramble sensory input while leaving the conscious mind more-or-less intact. The narcissism and egotism come with habitual use only (which with dxm I am well aquatinted); however, this doesnt imply that narcissism is part and parcel with dissociatives. In fact, some of he most empathetic and emotionally tender moments that had been induced with drugs (or, rather, with the aid of drugs) has been with dxm.

I've had some beautiful times with the stuff, but it can't be denied that they are much more unforgiving of compulsive use than the "traditional" psychedelics...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Hyperspace Fool
#108 Posted : 11/30/2011 9:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
I've had some beautiful times with the stuff, but it can't be denied that they are much more unforgiving of compulsive use than the "traditional" psychedelics...

I think the operative term here is compulsive.

Personally, I don't think any entheogens are substances that should be used compulsively.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Parshvik Chintan
#109 Posted : 11/30/2011 10:52:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dxm (in robotussin form) is what got me into quantum mechanics originally (it puts you in a place that makes it easier to contemplate theoretical ideas, at least for me)
and all of my experiences (all three) with it has been beneficial.
but almost everyone i know who isn't me has had bad experiences with it (but in dxm's defense they were doing stupid shit like climbing their own roofs, then falling off and getting multiple fractures).
it is not about substance as much as set and setting.
not what you use, but how you use it.
just my two cents
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

AluminumFoilRobots
#110 Posted : 11/30/2011 11:45:54 PM

gufyg

Quote:
I think the operative term here is compulsive.

Personally, I don't think any entheogens are substances that should be used compulsively.

true that.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

PsilocybeChild
#111 Posted : 12/1/2011 6:36:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Do them, don't do them... look down on them if it makes you feel good. There are plenty of people in the wide world who look down on your drug of choice and think of you as being delusional and narcissistic as well. In fact, this is only the typical stereotype of an acid freak...

I agree with everything you said Hyperspace. Thanks for sharing. Smile
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

SKA
#112 Posted : 12/2/2011 1:12:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did DXM once. I aimed for a "3d plateau"experience, allthough I cannot remember the exact dose.
It was certainly not psychedelic, not the least bit.
It is however extremely dissociating. I found more resemblance to having
had 1 too many glasses of Alcohol and feeling REALLY dizzy each inch you move.
Didn't feel like it was worthy of repeating.

Hyperspace Fool
#113 Posted : 12/2/2011 2:26:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:
I did DXM once. I aimed for a "3d plateau"experience, allthough I cannot remember the exact dose.
It was certainly not psychedelic, not the least bit.
It is however extremely dissociating. I found more resemblance to having
had 1 too many glasses of Alcohol and feeling REALLY dizzy each inch you move.
Didn't feel like it was worthy of repeating.

Were you in the pitch dark?

DXM is only hallucinogenic in the dark. If you try to function in a lighted room or do things the way you would on a classic serotoninergic psychedelic, you will certainly feel dizzy and unbalanced.

3rd plateaus are best done in a completely dark bed or bath. If under those circumstances, you don't have some of your most incredible hallucinations ever... you simply didn't do enough.

Anyone who wants to play, please measure your doses.

1.5mg/kg = 1st plateau
up to
2.5mg/kg = 2nd plateau
up to
7.5mg/kg = 3rd plateau

I won't bother giving weights for 4th or the fabled Sigma. They are not to be messed with IMO. If 3rd plateau doesn't cut it for you, you are probably not doing it right. 4th plateau should only ever be considered by people with extensive 3rd experience with no negative effects.

Sigma is not an actual plateau, but an ill advised regimen of redosing.

Please consider reading my thread on this subject if you want better information.

AluminumFoilRobots
#114 Posted : 12/2/2011 8:31:50 PM

gufyg

I tried to hit sigma once in my dxm career, finding it to be more of a long period of schizoid thought process than the OEV's People describe...

Also, I agree with the recommendation to stick to 3rd plateau. The 4th may hold more powerful visions, but I find at that dose very few memories are formed,'so it wouldnt matter anyway!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

slewb
#115 Posted : 12/20/2011 10:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I disagree with the people who are saying "just go find some LSD or shrooms." DXM is not a substitute for psychedelics, if you use it as such of course you'll be disappointed. I used DXM a few days ago for the first time since high school, and at the third plateau it was probably the most interesting experience I've had with any drug, psychedelics included. Firstly, the moment I was pushed (quite literally, by my chair) into the third plateau was the most instantaneous and dramatic shift in consciousness I have ever experienced. I switched from feeling drunk and incoherent with thoughts racing around in my head to what seemed like almost complete clarity. In less than an instant. My consciousness was gone, thoughts and actions were automatic. It wasn't what I would call trippy, although I am dissociated to a pretty good extent during everyday operation. There were no visual effects other than the room looking abnormally dark. A friend and I felt definite empathogenic effects and fell into deep conversation about our relationship and our group of friends while another friend went on excursions in his mind on the bed. He would be unresponsive for an hour or so and then just come back and act completely normal.

It was a very mellow night, the sort that would be impossible for me with something like acid or shrooms. It's not fair to say that DXM is a "bad drug" simply because you don't like dissociatives or the idea of getting high on cough medicine. Every drug has a purpose, and DXM's purpose is just as legitimate as any other drug's. You just have to be willing to learn from it.

Also, nitrous oxide and weed went very well with the DXM that night.

Inner Paths
#116 Posted : 12/21/2011 1:43:42 PM

Secretary of the Interior

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
Also, there is no comparison between the vast emptiness of these anesthetics and the vast, churning and multitudinous deep of a total breakthrough into the space elicited by DMT.

Dissociatives send one reeling inward,
the observing mind - cut off from the sensory matrix -,
sails through its own magnificent vistas;
jeweled caves there are indeed within the mind of man.

(but how egoic an experience THAT is!)
there is a reason for the near-ubiquitous narcissism, egomania and delusions of grandeur present in NMDA-antagonist addicts

Very poetic, this reminds me of a state I slipped into briefly on my first DXM experience (I've done it twice). My band was traveling on an overnight drive from a gig so a few of us that weren't driving decided to try some DXM (in robitussin form, oddly enough, I didn't find chugging down 2/3rds of a 200ml bottle that bad). I hit upper 2nd plateau and for what must have been no more than a minute, closed my eyes and slipped into a crazy interior landscape of an underground/underworld cave of dripping reds, oranges and other dark colours inhabited by reptilian creatures slaving away, for what purpose, I don't know. In hindsight, and being influenced by MacLean's Triune brain theory, pondered that the dissociative quality of DXM took my consciousness on a tour of the earlier underlying reptilian evolutionary part of my brain... that, or it was just a nice hallucination!

The 2nd time I took it wasn't as spectacular but I resolved a few hang ups I had at the time due to the dissociated observer effect of DXM. I definitely find DXM an illuminating drug worthy of entheogenic exploration when used with the right intention in a dark environment as Hyperspace Fool mentioned. I might add, I am only moderately experienced with psychedelics in general having only had DMT a handful of times as well as LSD and mushrooms a few as well though I have smoked a lot of weed in my day so take what you will from what I have said but at the end of the day, as long as you get what you want from the experience it will be worth repeating again, if not, then keep searching.

Peace and happy traveling Smile
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Doodazzle
#117 Posted : 12/21/2011 3:08:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I used to love (a long long time ago) about pcp and ketamine, was the expanded snese of self they left me with afterwards. Grandiose, capable of anything. But even then, back when I appreciated that feeling, I was well aware that said feeling was not really cool, was merely a well over inflated and delusional ego. I was as brilliant as my favorite writers, as handsome as my favorite actors and just all around super goddamned cool. This tended to last a week or so. Can't remember if DXM had the same effect.

Only did DXM maybe 3 times....one of which was 4th plateau. An experience I will always remember fondly, yet I have zero desire to repeat it.

What did DM Turner say, something about ketamine being a frankenstien molecule, not intended for human consumption? I feel the same about all the cog dis's.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

AluminumFoilRobots
#118 Posted : 12/25/2011 2:32:07 PM

gufyg

dxm definitely has the same qualities. I think it is a function of NMDA antagonism. i dont know why, but it seems to be the case across the board, perhaps excluding N2O (but I never cared for N2O anyway)
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

benzyme
#119 Posted : 12/25/2011 3:09:08 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

having tried a vast array of compounds, with varying doses (and excessive at times), I'd put DXM
at the low end with benedryl. DMT and DPT are tops; those are legit psychedelics, to say the least.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

AluminumFoilRobots
#120 Posted : 12/26/2011 4:54:25 AM

gufyg

^^^^

huh, that's very strange - I see no resemblance in the experiences whatsoever. Perhaps you're enzyme deficient?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

«PREV4567NEXT