We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Do you guys consider DXM a legit psychedelic? Options

universecannon
#61 Posted : 11/8/2010 7:11:01 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Do you consider DXM a legit psychedelic?

Oh sure. But that doesn't mean that its enjoyable, or even useful really. Its interesting but very little practical insight was gained and the cons heavily outweigh the pros in my opinion

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mindlusion
#62 Posted : 11/8/2010 10:56:36 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I have done my fair share of DXM. I find it definitely psychedelic, and I have had a fair share of insights from DXM, just about as insightful as a moderate mushroom trip. It really depends on the person though. I often feel very isolated, but that is OK if you are comfortable with your solitude, or if you meditate. Although, the complete and total dissociation after a while gets boring. The highest dose I did was 750mg. The strong effects lasted an upwards of 10 hours.

A good way to describe it was hopelessly drunk in another dimension.

This was my last DXM experience because I felt I had already taken in everything it could give me. It's not like DMT, after you have learned from it, there is not much else you can do besides listen to music, and wonder what dimension your arm is in.

Really though, DXM seems to lose its magic after you have done it a lot.
My most magical experiences where the second, and third time I used it. The doses for those if I remember correctly were 350mg and 450mg

I think if your really interested in DXM, You should try it at least once. You will definitely learn something, be it a bad thing or a good thing.

Overall though, I agree with UniverseCannon. The cons of DXM at too high, It definitely impedes thinking processes. I have noticed that the day after using DXM. I sometimes mix up words, or mispronounce and problem solving skills are noticeable slower.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

BenevolentSon
#63 Posted : 11/9/2010 9:52:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We looked around for Morning Glory seeds but apparently its considered a 'noctious weed' now and can't be bought in all nurserys like I was told. We tried some DXM, I wasn't sure what are reactions would be as I've heard good things, I've heard bad things. One of my friends really wanted to see if it had any potential so we got 3x 200mg bottles of Robitussin which had 30mg DXM as appose to most of the 200ml that only have 10mg (thats per mouthfull/shot). We knew the ammount we had to take to reach each plateau, by the time we had done around 100ml each we could drink no more, it was just UGH, not going to happen. I had a euphoric, kind of hyper high at first and then it went more sedative, relaxed type thing. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience at all, just a bit disappointing, as I guess we really didn't realise how much one would have to go through to reach a psychedelic type effect. But I truely think if we had finished our 200ml's each there would have been something more, by 3ed plateau. It just seemed like the right day to give something a try, it had rained non stop for 4 days and yesterday was absolutely hot and beautiful. We went outside and walked around a bit enjoying the first initial effects. Later on, in the night, it stormed very heavily so we had a few bowls of primo herb and went outside for a while to check it out. Not really much to report. Was just kinda like smoking some weed then having a few drinks (on a dosage of 100ml anyway :L really not a lot)

Today a friend did some research on buying morning glory seeds online, I told him I had heard of something like hawiian baby rose seeds that apparently are like morning glory seeds but with better effects and less negative effects. So we may buy some seeds online and give them ago. Also im going to research salvia as gibran suggested as I know little to nothing about it.

Thankyou for all the replys!

Peace!

Sublime
#64 Posted : 11/9/2010 10:38:10 AM

Intraterrestrial

Haha yeah I agree. It has no beneficial aspects although Ive never reached the third or fourth plateau, although I dont plan on it either. Its not an enjoyable trip along with no insight.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

justine
#65 Posted : 11/9/2010 12:52:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BenevolentSon wrote:
We looked around for Morning Glory seeds but apparently its considered a 'noctious weed' now and can't be bought in all nurserys like I was told. We tried some DXM, I wasn't sure what are reactions would be as I've heard good things, I've heard bad things. One of my friends really wanted to see if it had any potential so we got 3x 200mg bottles of Robitussin which had 30mg DXM as appose to most of the 200ml that only have 10mg (thats per mouthfull/shot). We knew the ammount we had to take to reach each plateau, by the time we had done around 100ml each we could drink no more, it was just UGH, not going to happen. I had a euphoric, kind of hyper high at first and then it went more sedative, relaxed type thing. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience at all, just a bit disappointing, as I guess we really didn't realise how much one would have to go through to reach a psychedelic type effect. But I truely think if we had finished our 200ml's each there would have been something more, by 3ed plateau. It just seemed like the right day to give something a try, it had rained non stop for 4 days and yesterday was absolutely hot and beautiful. We went outside and walked around a bit enjoying the first initial effects. Later on, in the night, it stormed very heavily so we had a few bowls of primo herb and went outside for a while to check it out. Not really much to report. Was just kinda like smoking some weed then having a few drinks (on a dosage of 100ml anyway :L really not a lot)

Today a friend did some research on buying morning glory seeds online, I told him I had heard of something like hawiian baby rose seeds that apparently are like morning glory seeds but with better effects and less negative effects. So we may buy some seeds online and give them ago. Also im going to research salvia as gibran suggested as I know little to nothing about it.

Peace!

If you really want to try dxm you should take pills, not syrup (or extract the dxm from the syrup, it is incredibly easy, thought i've never done it).
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

PsilocybeChild
#66 Posted : 11/10/2010 9:07:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
but with better effects and less negative effects.

hmm i don't know about that. wouldn't get my hopes up unless it was an extraction lol
I don't think they're worth the experience eaten straight.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

KwisatzHaderach
#67 Posted : 11/10/2010 11:22:02 AM

everything is becoming

BenevolentSon wrote:

Peace!

Dude why don't you just buy a mushroom kit? You can have ounces in months. DXM always sketches me out because it seems like a really desperate high (unless you can do a DXM extraction, which is possible but I digress). It reminds me of drinking in hopes to black out. And not to judge, but I'm concerned about your health. There really are better ways to "get off" so to speak.

Check into www.shroomery.org. Those forums will get you on the path to any shroom set up (from elaborate to super stealth) and various ways in which to acquire spores. That's the "hard" part, but you'll be surprised at how easily obtainable some Cubensis spores are. Once you get the spores, it's GG. All you need to do is provide some food and proper conditions and you're all set. They do all the work for you! And they are so beautiful to watch when the tiny pins start turning into full grown mushrooms over night!

peace and love
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

BenevolentSon
#68 Posted : 11/10/2010 11:48:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eh I live with my parents, me and my Dad grow vegi's, would be hard to grow shrooms without getting caught. No need to be worried about my health mate Smile Just looking for a cheap thrill, we always have great weed but wanted something different. Hardly junkies...

TheAppleCore
#69 Posted : 11/19/2011 10:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Surprised at all of the negative attitudes towards DXM (and dissociatives in general) here. Very closed minded to say that DXM is worthless poison and can't ever teach you anything, etc., just because YOU personally haven't witnessed a positive effect.

I can tell you as a matter of fact, that as a result of a trip I had on ~300mg DXM combined with smoked cannabis, I had an incredibly fascinating philosophical "revelation", or theory, which to this day, has permanently changed the way I view the fundamental nature of reality. It was a perspective shift approaching the profundity of that which can occur from DMT (but not quite matching, admittedly). A very simple, clear, and tangible idea. Ever since I developed this new understanding, all of my trips been given a little extra dimension, including trips on traditional psychedelics.

And mind you, that came from essentially my first and only experience with DXM (since I was very young and too naive to derive any benefit of it anyway). I'm excited to experiment further.

So, definitely don't throw this one in the bin. Some people apparently have drastically negative responses to DXM, but I happen to respond very pleasantly. It does not feel toxic or poisonous. My mind does not feel clouded; it actually feels somewhat focused and creatively inspired. And, most importantly, my perspective becomes wonderfully warped, allowing for totally new outlooks on interesting issues like philosophy.

You've simply got to:

1) Take it easy on the dosage!
2) Take advantage of powerful synergy with cannabis!

benzyme
#70 Posted : 11/19/2011 1:26:04 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you rehashed a year old thread..who are you trying to convince?
you're on a messageboard dedicated to a real psychedelic.

a handful of people think datura is the cat's pajamas, saying it can be "psychedelic",
but a lot more people would disagree. so what

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Dr Psychonaut
#71 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Surprised at all of the negative attitudes towards DXM (and dissociatives in general) here. Very closed minded to say that DXM is worthless poison and can't ever teach you anything, etc., just because YOU personally haven't witnessed a positive effect.

I can tell you as a matter of fact, that as a result of a trip I had on ~300mg DXM combined with smoked cannabis, I had an incredibly fascinating philosophical "revelation", or theory, which to this day, has permanently changed the way I view the fundamental nature of reality. It was a perspective shift approaching the profundity of that which can occur from DMT (but not quite matching, admittedly). A very simple, clear, and tangible idea. Ever since I developed this new understanding, all of my trips been given a little extra dimension, including trips on traditional psychedelics.

And mind you, that came from essentially my first and only experience with DXM (since I was very young and too naive to derive any benefit of it anyway). I'm excited to experiment further.

So, definitely don't throw this one in the bin. Some people apparently have drastically negative responses to DXM, but I happen to respond very pleasantly. It does not feel toxic or poisonous. My mind does not feel clouded; it actually feels somewhat focused and creatively inspired. And, most importantly, my perspective becomes wonderfully warped, allowing for totally new outlooks on interesting issues like philosophy.

You've simply got to:

1) Take it easy on the dosage!
2) Take advantage of powerful synergy with cannabis!

I completely agree TheAppleCore I was amazed at the negative attitudes towards DXM on this thread. Living in the UK though (and it having been banned from OTC cough preparations) means I can't empathize with the snobbery of those looking down on users downing cough mixtures to dose.

I've tried DXM HBr a number of times at different plateaus and found it tremendously insightful into personal issues and into my understanding of the universe. Dissociatives in general seem to have this effect on me, particulary ketamine which is also capable of taking me into this divine state I have termed 'catatonic bliss'. I am entirely lucid during the experience and it feels as though I have a direct link to my higher self. I have received countless creative answers to problems in life this way and they have helped me get to where I am now in my life (which is a very good place). I have never used them habitually though and feel this may be a link into those who have developed a hatred for it as a lot of the seriously opposed seem to have at one point been heavy users. An experienced user who is against it could argue 'if you've used it hundreds of times like I have you'll see that its a worthless drug' but I feel it's perhaps in habitual overuse that the negative sides become more apparent. I'm not advocating use of dissociatives as research is still unclear as to the neurotoxic/protective effects (except of course PCP), though you could probably find negative effects of most substances when abused and used excessively (or when used in the unrealistically sized doses that most animal studies use).

I personally feel that different psychedelics are like different genres of music and while one genre of music might suit the majority there will always be minorities that like other genres that others turn their noses down on. I find it interesting to see that just like with music snobbery there is a similar single-mindedness where some are unable to accept that what is pleasant and therapeutic to one user may be a worhtless misleading experience to another. I don't mean to anger any anti-DXM/ketamine campaigners but I feel that if a drug that can make a lucky few achieve a state of insightful bliss and not be abused by said users then we shouldn't dismiss it. Instead we should understand that it might be able to be used therapeutically in a slightly different way than other psychedelics. Ofcourse the potential for abuse is a serious issue on considering this but that is more human nature and lack of self-control as opposed to the substance itself. Heroin/morphine is incredibly therapeutic for relieving suffering yet human nature has also turned it into something that can devastate lives.

I also feel there is a 'common ground' that psychedelics and dissociatives can get us to dependent upon how one navigates through the different dimensions, as breakthroughs on DMT have bought me to the same places that dissociatives have brought me to. The only difference being the character of the visuals and the sensations that accompany the experience. In summary I feel for some, there is therapeutic potential in dissociatives. Just look at the work of Igor Kungurtsev and the effectiveness of death-rebirth therapy in the treatment of addiction.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

polytrip
#72 Posted : 11/19/2011 6:11:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I don´t think i´m anti-DXM. I just find it inferiour to any of the classic hallucinogens.

No-one here would deny that you can get high from DXM, nutmeg or whatever. But it´s third grade stuff compared to shrooms, DMT or cacti.

It realy is.

benzyme
#73 Posted : 11/19/2011 6:13:45 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Dr Psychonaut wrote:
as research is still unclear as to the neurotoxic/protective effects (except of course PCP).

you should probably elaborate before you make such a claim

Quote:
PCP causes a variety of degenerative changes in rat and human neurons and astrocytes in vitro, including vacuolization, inhibition of microtubule function, suppression of axon outgrowth, and cell death (43, 50). These effects are time- and concentration-dependent, tending to occur only after several days of exposure to PCP concentrations (100–500 mM) substantially higher than the plasma concentrations found in human PCP users, but probably closer to concentrations achieved in the fetuses of PCP-abusing mothers.....Adult chronic PCP users do not generally show evidence of clinically significant cardiovascular, hematologic, renal, or hepatic toxicity (1)

http://www.acnp.org/g4/gn401000171/ch167.html
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#74 Posted : 11/19/2011 6:46:06 PM

analytical chemist

even though I've binged on the stuff, neither I, nor any neurologist, could tell you whether long term use of phencyclidine causes irreversible damage or not. my guess would be no. what's much more toxic is its intermediate in synthesis, PCC.
what I do know, is that dxm is petty.

not being a drug elitest, because you know you wouldn't
consider diphenhydramine (benedryl) a psychedelic.

Dr Psychonaut
#75 Posted : 11/19/2011 6:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Dr Psychonaut wrote:
as research is still unclear as to the neurotoxic/protective effects (except of course PCP).

you should probably elaborate before you make such a claim

Not sure what you're getting at I meant the neurotoxic effects of PCP have been more widely publicized than those of the other dissociatives, not saying they are all good studies but the link to neurotoxicity is far clearer than in studies on ketamine for instance. There is still uncertainty as to the significance of the neurotoxic and neuroprotective effects of ketamine and other dissociatives at recreational or anaesthetic doses though, however that's not what this thread is about so let's not get too into a pharmacological debate. Though an entire thread on it I'd be interested to get involved in! Thanks for the link Very happy
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

benzyme
#76 Posted : 11/19/2011 6:54:06 PM

analytical chemist

pcp is also neuroprotective, as I'm sure you already knew.
when administered following a stroke, Sernylan effectively inhibits excitotoxicity-induced
cell death

but to stay on topic, dxm has psychedelic effects, but is a dissociative..
dmt has dissociative effects, but is a psychedelic.

TheAppleCore
#77 Posted : 11/19/2011 7:14:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
who are you trying to convince?

Um... all of the people reading my post that have a prejudice against DXM? Like you!

BTW the video you linked is one of my all-time favorite comedy sketches. Very happy I love Good Neighbor!

polytrip wrote:
I don´t think i´m anti-DXM. I just find it inferiour to any of the classic hallucinogens.

No-one here would deny that you can get high from DXM, nutmeg or whatever. But it´s third grade stuff compared to shrooms, DMT or cacti.

It realy is.

This ridiculousness again? Come on. This is the fallacy almost everyone in this thread is making. You cannot compare dissociatives (NDMA antagonists) to classic psychedelics (5-HT2A agonists), because the effects they have are completely different, and they're different tools for different jobs. It's like comparing a submarine to a car. "Submarines are clearly more useful than cars, because you can use them to study marine biology! Let's throw away all of our cars, and only use submarines!" Or the "cats versus dogs" argument that we would have as elementary school children.

Dr. Psychonaut also had a good analogy:

Dr Psychonaut wrote:
I personally feel that different psychedelics are like different genres of music and while one genre of music might suit the majority there will always be minorities that like other genres that others turn their noses down on.

Hyperspace Fool
#78 Posted : 11/20/2011 12:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well...

I won't debate entheogenic snobbery and all the negative opinions expressed on this rather old thread.

I will just say that DXM is not for everyone. Some people have horrible reactions to it, some do not have a sufficient liver enzyme profile to even consider messing around with it. A lot of people will simply never get it.

That said, many of the people who neg on it the hardest seem to have never gotten the full experience. (Comparisons to nutmeg, saying there are no OEV's etc.)

For people who have never 3rd plateau'd in a pitch black room on DXM, your opinion on the substance is akin to that of someone who has never smoalked moar than 5mg's of DMT and somehow thinks they understand spice.

For the record, DXM is capable of producing psychedelic states that not only rival the classics, but can actually surpass them. It is NOT just turning off your mind. Dissociatives do not function in the same way as other entheogens, but it is certainly possible to travel the cosmos, meet divine beings, explore alternate realities and more. There are few substances that can have you seeing other realities so vividly. Seeing through walls, telepathy, precognition, entity encounters and such wonders are just the tip of the iceberg... if people think such things are not useful... fine.

SWIM has been transported to divine temples to meditate with endless rows of Buddhas. Has regularly been able to beam up to spaceships and orbit the Earth. Pow wows with discorporate aliens...

Only DMT is a more powerful substance for transpersonal experiences.

Iboga & Amanita Muscaria are the two closest approximations. Even MXE is a pale shadow. Most people, though, only remember their dissociative journies about as well as they remember their dreams.

Anyway, to each their own. Like anything, be careful and if you're gonna do it... do it right. Get pure stuff and be prepared for the side effects. Check out this thread for some good advice about dexter:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24805
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Mindlusion
#79 Posted : 11/23/2011 5:53:30 PM

hmm whats the scoop here

I think you really have to enjoy dissociatives to take DXM, Ive dabbled around with it if I wanted to dissociate, and I had nothing else on hand. But, it is inferior compared to the generally known class of dissociatives (PCP,MXE,ketamine, ect.) DXM has an entirely different structure, and though no matter what dose is taken, even extremely high doses, you don't 'hole' but you still black out and forget everything. It never REALLY compares to that of a arylcyclohexylamine. Though it has its own personality, that you cant get with any other dissociative, its really not that great of a personality anyway, I like MXE's personality more.
Also, it seems to have a lot of unpleasant side effects, that seem to affect others more then me, but perhaps that is because of people consuming cough formulations.

Concerning DXM as a psychedelic, or entheogenic substance.. Well, it is a dissociative. Personally, what I have experienced from smoking DMT while dissociated with DXM is utterly indescribable.

Use DXM if you want, IMO its a shitty cough suppressant, so if your going to use it, you might as well dissociate too.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Mindlusion
#80 Posted : 11/23/2011 6:01:46 PM

benzyme wrote:

but to stay on topic, dxm has psychedelic effects, but is a dissociative..
dmt has dissociative effects, but is a psychedelic.

Solution: take both Wink

«PREV23456NEXT»