We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Do you guys consider DXM a legit psychedelic? Options

g13juggalo
#1 Posted : 11/22/2009 3:01:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have several friends who like taking triple c for the dxm content, and when we have nothing to take or do they suggest we get cough syrup and take that. A lot of my friends say its pretty good.

It always seemed childish to abuse cough syrup, however a lot of my friends look highly on it. I also try to keep an open mind about it.

Anyway, do you guys think dxm is simply a childish way of people to get fucked up, or do you think its a legit psychedelic? can anything be learned from a dxm experience?

Also, please answer this question with an open mind. I'm sure a lot of you including me are turned off by dxm simply because it seems more like abusing cough medicine than taking a real drug, however dxm is a psychedelic.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/22/2009 3:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I'm sure a lot of you including me are turned off by dxm simply because it seems more like abusing cough medicine than taking a real drug, however dxm is a psychedelic."

DXM seems somewhat interesting to me..but also addicitve..
I wouldnt be drinking cough syrup though..I would be patient and find some pure DXM if I was going to try it..disociative psychedelics are interestng..the only one I have experience with is salvinorin A though.

Long live the unwoke.

KUSHMASTER
#3 Posted : 11/22/2009 3:08:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My opinion is that it all depends on your intention. ANY drug can somewhat enlighten your mind because, while under the influence, you have a chance at looking at life in a different perspective because your in a different state of mind. But if your just trying to get fucked up then that is about all your going to get from it.
Like what fractal enchantment recommends, if your interested in seeing what DXM has to offer, your gonna wanna do it in it's purest form.

Cough syrup has many other additives, (ones that make you sick if you drink a bunch) thats done on purpose so you WONT drink cough syrup to get fucked up.

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

g13juggalo
#4 Posted : 11/22/2009 3:19:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

DXM seems somewhat interesting to me..but also addicitve..
I wouldnt be drinking cough syrup though..I would be patient and find some pure DXM if I was going to try it.. disociative psychedelics are interestng..the only one I have experience with is salvinorin A though.

I too find dissociatives interesting.
I've always wanted to try different types of drugs, so I could compare them to normal psychedelics.
I wanted to take datura just so I could compare deleriants to psychedelics. (btw, anyone know if that would be enlightening at all?)

and if I were to try it I would probably take Robotussin. It seems to be mostly dxm, with mostly just colouring and sugars and such in it.
I wouldn't bother finding pure DXM, as I'm not expecting it to be an amazing drug, but since its fairly easy to get and cheap, I thought I'd give it a shot. Finding it pure would defeat the purpose for me.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 11/22/2009 4:02:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

g13juggalo wrote:
or do you think its a legit psychedelic? can anything be learned from a dxm experience?

nah.

good way to isolate yourself in delusions of grandeur though.
psychedelics and dissociatives are like apples and oranges. some of the effects may overlap, but overall, they're two different experiences.

done both for several years, I definitely know the difference, experientially and pharmacologically.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 11/22/2009 4:31:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have heard of Robotripping but never in a good way, so I have never been moved to try it :/
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 11/22/2009 5:43:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

g13juggalo wrote:
I have several friends who like taking triple c for the dxm content, and when we have nothing to take or do they suggest we get cough syrup and take that. A lot of my friends say its pretty good.

It always seemed childish to abuse cough syrup, however a lot of my friends look highly on it. I also try to keep an open mind about it.

Anyway, do you guys think dxm is simply a childish way of people to get fucked up, or do you think its a legit psychedelic? can anything be learned from a dxm experience?

Also, please answer this question with an open mind. I'm sure a lot of you including me are turned off by dxm simply because it seems more like abusing cough medicine than taking a real drug, however dxm is a psychedelic.

The triple C will poison you with a antihistamine overdose. DO NOT USE Cocedrin(sp) as a DXM source.

I hate to egg people on to try something risky , but if you must use DXM get the PURE GELCAPS that have dextromethorphan as the SINGLE ingredient. Also if you MUST take your trip in one dose. Do NOT redose on DXM if you value your brain and its chemenistry The Nursery is censoring my true opinion I must be responsible. Why you ask? because I am old enough to know better Laughing
Thats what the adults told me when I was a young man.

"So thats all I got to say about that"

Is PCP psychedelic? Ket? Answer that and you will know?

It will damage your brain just like PCP if you are not responsible with it.

I often compare disassociatives to Whacking yourself in the head with a hammer minus the pain. Is it psychedelic? I wont say you must read between the lines to see truth that is normally invisible. I learned of the disaccotatives way way back in the day when I was immature and wanted to PARTY but no cannabis could be found they were a last resort for my Juvie TimesLaughing

The only thing worse is DATURA but I skipped that. But I will take another hit of "Love Boat" once a year if its around. PCP used to be BIG here in the US sold down in the HOOD(no racism intended) before the days of Crack cocaine. It was interesting because they would spray cannabis stems and seeds with PCP and sell it $10US would get you 2 or 3 hits and if good you be GONE next 3or4 hours.

To sum it all up no/yes BE CAREFUL.

PEACE
MV

q21q21
#8 Posted : 11/22/2009 6:34:26 AM

SWIM

SWIM has used DXM more than any other psychedelic.

Having used it probably 17 or 18 times before I tried shrooms I consider the lower doses more of a lazy high than a psychedelic.

Once SWIM tried shrooms then LSD it took me a while to even think about DXM.

When SWIM tried DXM again he could see why it is so appealing to people

Legal to obtain for minors, quite euphoric, goofy and it is very hard to have a bad trip at low doses.
Very comparable to that aspect of alcohol.
And reverse hangover at low doses (you feel great, seriously!)

The problem lies in that DXM is a very side-effecty psychedelic.
-Lethargy: it is really hard to do anything, even open your eyes sometimes!
-Nasty nausea (even with PURE dxm) compare each 80-100mg = 1 raw chewed HBWR seed
(although nausea peaks for only 45min to 1.5 hours instead of lingering and no headache)
-Long ass duration (8-16 hours) Swim tripped at 7pm and went to work at 9 still tripping! Sad
-Almost no OEV except a weird strobing effect when watching fast motion videos.

In the right circumstances, if you look past the nausea and get a high enough (but not too high) dose. It can be very trippy.

SWIMs friend had a harsh trip where he couldn't move and was stuck in a FPS type world thinking he died for HOURS on a too-high dose.

But the right circumstances =

dark room, either at night or no windows.

Eyes closed (No Colorful OEV on DXM)

No disturbances.

Sound like a great trip? Well maybe, but SWIM who is very solitary in his home life still feels a little loner-ish on it.

SWIM may note that finding the right dose is a hayday. Extracted DXM seems to be almost half as potent as the syrup.
Plus it is literally difficult to hold down more than 300mg of syrup.

Well thats SWIM's 2.... er probably 3 or 4 cents, lol.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

MagikVenom
#9 Posted : 11/22/2009 7:16:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"And reverse hangover at low doses (you feel great, seriously!)"

That is a fact of course it is a synthetic opiate that was supposed to replace morphine but was just to trippy, just like ket once used on humans. They used to dose pigs with PCP so they could fit more of them in a truck on the way to the slagughter house. I mean god damn just kill me and eat me, can I please skip the trip just before deathShocked Shocked Shocked WTF its ok for animals to freak out on dissociative aesthetics but not humans I never understood this ignorant way of thinking.

PEACE
MV

endlessness
#10 Posted : 11/22/2009 12:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say there are way more interesting and safer substances out there that you can get something deeper out of, no need to try to score some DXM or start downing coughing medicine, yuck (and giving pharmaceutical companies more money than they already have)... but thats just me Smile

polytrip
#11 Posted : 11/22/2009 4:30:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
To me, taking something wich clearly is very harmfull contradicts everything the psychedelic experience stands for.

Psychedelic experience has to contribute to your life in some way or else it's just another ride.

jamie
#12 Posted : 11/22/2009 5:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

so what do people here think of salvinorin A compared to other dissociatives?..I have been told they are similar..and then others have told me they are nothing alike and salvia is far superior..

I like salvia and concider it a psychedelic..but not a classic psychedelic..it is definatily extremely mind manifesting..and no evidence of it being harmful..but it works differently than any other dissociative..

I never did PCP, Ketamine etc becasue of all the reasons above..just salvia many many times.
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 11/22/2009 6:53:23 PM

Teotzlcoatl

We always had a saying at the 'Shroomery.... "If you run out of DXM and Datura, you can always hit yourself in the head with a hammer"

DXM is bullshit. Fuck that stuff.

There is only a few TRUE psychedelics/entheogens, all the others are pseudo-psychedelics.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 11/22/2009 7:47:07 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

'Coatl wrote:
We always had a saying at the 'Shroomery.... "If you run out of DXM and Datura, you can always hit yourself in the head with a hammer"

DXM is bullshit. Fuck that stuff.

Speaking from experience? I thought you don't try the "man-mades"

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Mycokris
#15 Posted : 11/22/2009 9:02:54 PM

The Amazing Me

swim will always have a special place in his heart for dxm, one of my favs. used it every two or three days a week until one weekend i took around a gram maybe a little less spaced out over a day and a half with no sleep. ended up blacking out the rest of the second day and drove about thirty miles down random roads doing 15-20 mph until i was forced off the road by a cop, and taken to the hospital. had my stomach pumped, and fought the nurses so hard i was put in restraints. I was in the hospital for 3 days, the memory of the first 3 days of all this are gone. this was over 5 years ago, haven't taken it since then. do not do what swim did
Recently released from a Psychiatric Hospital, Don't believe anything IT says.

40oztofreedom
#16 Posted : 11/22/2009 9:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my 3 years of addiction, nothing was ever learned. Even at dosages of 1200 mg's. Nothing was ever learned.

DXM is a DISSOCIATIVE. Not a psychedelic. A psychedelic is completely different.

DXM took me further away from the truth than I'll have ever been in my life. It effects people differently, and it is a fun, euphoric drug. But, ultimately if you're really trying to better yourself through the use of psychedelics, I think this is just going to take you very far away from it.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

benzyme
#17 Posted : 11/22/2009 9:32:50 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

agreed.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

amor_fati
#18 Posted : 11/22/2009 10:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

DXM was SWIM's introduction into psychonautica. He was brought into it in a careful manner and so never experienced the more perilous side of it, and though he had reached some incredibly low points with it, it was never anything he couldn't bounce back from. He hadn't even tried pot until after DXM, though it had always been around, as he was straight-edge for some time. When he finally tried it, he wasn't that impressed, and all subsequent trials with vastly variant degrees of quality have also failed to impress. SWIM's never been able to recapture the magic he experienced early on with DXM, so that along with the inherent dangers of its use have distanced him from it.

DXM helped set the tone for all of SWIM's subsequent experimentation and introduced him to extraction, but it's largely irrelevant in comparison to more sincere vehicles for psychonautica. SWIM finds his time and money and mind is much better spent on such vehicles.

elofer
#19 Posted : 11/22/2009 10:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried just 120mg. of dxm a few weeks ago..sinc he hasn't taken any in many years and there were some straight dxm pills lying about and SWIM had a bit of a cold they were taken..very weird indeed...smoked just one good hit of the spice and fealt far more threatened by it than have ever felt before...SWIM thinks the elves do not approve of that combination...as small as it was. SWIM listens to that message..no loss really

taken plenty of the stuff in the past..had some pretty increadible times with a few friends in the desert of utah...spelunking lava tubes and sitting in the complete darkness of them for what felt like days and more at a time..floating in the womb under the earth/in the depths of space.....

SpiritWalker
#20 Posted : 11/22/2009 11:04:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DXM is a dissociative, not a psychedelic. It's in the same category as ketamine where DMT would be in the same category as psilcybin. Stick to to DMT.

123NEXT»