We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Link to sample from "Antipodes of the Mind" the classic Ayahuasca book Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 3/23/2018 7:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really enjoyed reading his book, and bought it back in the day. It now goes for over sixty dollars, but found this google book link for those who would like to read a bit of it. I've read the book at least half a dozen times, it is that good, destined to go down as a classic like Huxley's "Doors of Perception."

Antipodes of the Mind by Prof. Shanon:
https://books.google.com...%20ayahuasca&f=false
Quote:
Other places seen on Ayahuasca

Lastly, there are places of entertainment. These seem to fall into two main subtypes. One is that of places such as bars and cabarets, often lascivious and somewhat lewd. The other may be characterized as ludic. The frequency of facilities pertaining to amusement parks in the visions is, it seems to me, disproportionately high. Especially noted are carousels and Ferris wheels. Interestingly, a merry-go-round is also mentioned by Naranjo (1973a) in his experimental study of harmaline.
I too can relate, I've seen in dreams a carousel made out of galloping horses melt to the ground while going round and 'round then saw it build itself back up from the ground upwards, all in beautiful color, and animated.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

strtman
#2 Posted : 3/26/2018 5:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For some time I was already considering buying it. Now your post is the last straw. I am going to order this book.

The book must be impressive given the fact you read it more than six times Smile. I will get back in the near future after reading and let you know my opinion.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

mexico-magico
#3 Posted : 4/3/2018 10:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
Gracias!
Ometecuhtli
Omecihuatzin
Tlazocamatli
Ometeotl
Tepezcohuitl Hueypatli moyolotatzin

tregar
#4 Posted : 4/6/2018 1:26:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't take my word for it, the book also got all 5-star reviews on Ama*on. Good to hear from you again strtman and mexico-magico.

Ayahuasca is the path less traveled, but what she reveals to one is breathtaking: past, present, future, she sees, she knows, she teaches.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

#5 Posted : 4/8/2018 3:27:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Just for reference, I have the pdf for Antipodes of The Mind, I've had it for some time and have only read bits near the beginning.

Here it is for whoever is interested. I had purchased the pdf. Zipped it. For some reason the pdf attach function was goofin <3

tregar
#6 Posted : 4/11/2018 9:14:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tatt said:
Quote:
Just for reference, I have the pdf for Antipodes of The Mind, I've had it for some time and have only read bits near the beginning.

Here it is for whoever is interested. I had purchased the pdf. Zipped it. For some reason the pdf attach function was goofin <3

You are the man tatt! thanks a million, as my hardbound copy is falling apart from all the reading and travelling I've given it over a decade. p.s. I referenced once of your posts on Ayahuasca capsules vs tea in the thread over in the pharmahuasca section, very good detail you once wrote, very accurate, see post #6: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=78678 By the way, don't think that capsules can't give you the same visions as tea, as the caps can indeed, so long as they contain all the ingredients of caapi. Home-made capsules are good for those who have a hard time tolerating the taste of Ayahuasca, even reducing nausea. "Easier to handle and supremely beautiful" as Tatt once wrote.

The one thing about the leaf is that even with Hawaiian, one handfull can vary in potency from another, not exactly the most stable in alkaloids. There were times when I took 35 grams of Hawaiian psychotria and it was so strong all I could do was close my eyes for an hour in an attempt to slow down the visions and visuals, the room would fill with colors and an objects image would extend into infinity behind itself, like that scene in latest Star Wars with the hall of mirrors, where the girl snaps her fingers and it goes on a hundred times, in that scene in that hole by the sea. I was like "oh no, i took too much." other times I would take 25 grams and feel very little, so the variability was weird. I could usually count on 30grams always working well, but there was always that 1 in 5 chance that 35 grams would be way, way too strong, and I would wish I had taken less. There were times (very rare, only happened twice) when even 15 grams felt like 35 grams, and it too was very strong, so once again the variability was quite strange. Trying to gauge the bitterness of the leaf before adding it to the caapi often helped, but not always, as the concurrent sourness of the leaf would sometimes mess with the taste buds gauging the bitterness effectively.

After dreaming of caapi + hawaiian psychotria over 55 times, I found in most of the dreams that I saw the same kinds of things, themes, visions that Shanon mentions in chapter 6 of his book, I was blown away when I read that he himself and the hundreds of interviewers also saw the same things, I saw nearly a hundred visions, all of them matching the categories below, all seen as if newly created, and with super high resolution + immaculate beauty. The dancing nude women I have seen several times, but each of the visions are completely different, nothing repeats. Some of the visions were like movies and went on for a couple minutes, like flying over parks and landscapes like a bird. I most likely could have doubled the number of visions I saw with closed eyes, but alot of the time I preferred to keep my eyes open to take in the beauty all around me, so I would alternate back and forth.

From page 416 "Antipodes of the Mind". These are some of the most commonly seen various content items (the core corpus) that Benny Shannon found that he himself and hundreds of interviewers saw with closed eyes on the Caapi/harmala brews: The use of these plants span many thousands of years of history, back to a time where it was once consumed and revered for its ability to bring someone into contact with spiritual realities, the obtaining of secret inner knowledge, and visionary experiences of a divine world.

Quote:
Super-categories:
Human beings
Natural animals
Phatasmagoria/supernatural
Architecture
Objects
Plants
Personal biography

Categories:
Mammals
Objects of art and magic
Birds
Royal and religious figures
Landscapes
Palaces and temples
Non-natural animals
Heavenly scenes
Reptiles
Divine beings
Cities
Vehicles

Details:
Felines
Waterscapes
Flowers
Objects of gold
Serpents
Processions
Dancing women
Forests
Temples
Semi-divine beings
Royal figures
Enchanted cities
Open landscapes
Palaces
Angels and transparent beings
Gardens
Royal objects

Details:
Serpents
Nymphs
ETs and spaceships
Royal figures
Flowers
Royal objects
Chimera and winged beings
Enchanted cities
Religious figures
Angels and transparent beings
Waterscapes
Objects of gold
Forests
Armoury
Guides and guardians
Felines
Egyptian scenes
Personal acquaintances
ancient civilizations
celestial scenes
creatures and beings
Encounters with the Divine
Sea creatures
Insects
Celestial voyages
Cities
Mythology
Symbols
Heavenly scenes

#7 Posted : 4/12/2018 1:10:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

tregar wrote:

You are the man tatt! thanks a million, as my hardbound copy is falling apart from all the reading and travelling I've given it over a decade. p.s. I referenced once of your posts on Ayahuasca capsules vs tea in the thread over in the pharmahuasca section, very good detail you once wrote, very accurate, see post #6: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=78678 By the way, don't think that capsules can't give you the same visions as tea, as the caps can indeed, so long as they contain all the ingredients of caapi. Home-made capsules are good for those who have a hard time tolerating the taste of Ayahuasca, even reducing nausea. "Easier to handle and supremely beautiful" as Tatt once wrote.

You're welcome dude, glad to share. Smile

(On the highlighted writing) For sure, I definitely wouldn't doubt that pharma caps could do what a vine/leaf brew does [or some of the other various aya analogue brews]. At the time I'd like to think I used relatively pure extracts years back when I did it, can't remember entirely. Pharma was very powerful for me back when I was working with it, powerful was an understatement actually. Laughing I think in part that the times that I'd drank vine/leaf, rue/leaf - I had undershot things a bit, still powerful, completely taken away, visionary, though still was teetering with one foot in this world and one foot in that world, both realities co-mingled.

Aside from those brews, the times I'd worked with rue/mhrb and caapi/mhrb, guessing mimosa might've had something to do with it, because it had hit me incredibly hard and fast, and honestly it was different for me compared to the vine/leaf and rue/leaf [even pharma], then again with the times I'd used mhrb I was using pretty hefty harmala dosages relative to what I had been used to, so idk, guess it's hard for me to say one way or another. Very happy

Thanks for bringing that up though, there's no question to me that pharma can hit all the bases. I remember after the first time I'd done pharma with vine alks and white dmt fb, overshot that one a bit, and yeah.. didn't touch anything oral again for over a year+. Very powerful times during those years. Cool Let the good times roll

<3

Legarto Rey
#8 Posted : 4/13/2018 9:13:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What a present! Thank you tatt and tregar!

Peace

tregar
#9 Posted : 4/14/2018 3:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to see you Legarto Rey. You're very welcome. I still never get tired of his reading his book 10 years later, always a joy and pleasure...he delves deep into the subject of the "Mysterious tea" with his over 200 experiencs by now (as he had posted recently in a short paper on-line).

strtman
#10 Posted : 6/14/2018 4:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished reading this book. It is a good book although not always easy to understand if you are not a native English speaking person. So I know I missed the point now and then and I skipped some parts of it. At some moments the book is a bit too lengthy.

If you have not done at least one ayahuasca ceremony with lots of visuals it is hard, not to say impossible, to imagine what the author explains if you can not compare it in one way or another with own experiences.

But the book is recommended to all brew drinkers. And it is good to use as reference book.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

ijahdan
#11 Posted : 6/15/2018 11:23:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Working my way through this, slowly. Very detailed study. I Like the way Shannon manages to combine objective scientific analysis with subjective experiences, both in a very thorough way. One of the few (only?) people to achieve this. Thanks for the download.

tregar
#12 Posted : 6/15/2018 10:13:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I agree, he is a master scientist and yet master of experience. I really appreciate that he also interviewed hundreds of others to form a detailed overview analysis and then compared this with his own dreams, he found the overlap startling. And his unexpected views the Ayahuasca brought him to which was "the realm of Platonic ideas." This Aldous Huxley talks about in his book "Moksha". But for now, here's a link to his famous Doors. I love both Huxley and Shanon and own most of their books.

https://en.wikipedia.org.../The_Doors_of_Perception

Quote:
The book finishes with Huxley's final reflections on the meaning of his experience. Firstly, the urge to transcend one's self is universal through times and cultures (and was characterised by H. G. Wells as The Door in the Wall).