We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fumarate -> Freebase safety (ghetto method) Options

ListenPlease
#1 Posted : 3/23/2018 3:06:19 PM

Traveling light

I recently converted some fumarate to freebase using the simple baking soda method+water.

As we know, vaporizing fumarates is dangerous. My question is: What are the chances that some fumarate is left over from the conversion? Should I be concerned about vaporising it?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Nitegazer
#2 Posted : 3/23/2018 4:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you working with this tek (Type 1)?: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Fumara..._Freebase_Conversion_TEK

If so, sodium carbonate is called for, not baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). Baking soda can be easly converted to sodium carbonate by heating in an oven. Using the wrong base could leave too much of the DMT in salt (fumaric) form.

Followed correctly, the tek will not lead to excess fumarates.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/23/2018 4:56:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Do yourself a favour and clean it up somehow.

E.g., dissolve the freebase out with some dry acetone. Then evaporate the acetone to collect the goods. This is a standard method which should be found quite easily with a brief search.

Did you convert your baking soda to the carbonate with heat? I'm not certain baking soda would do the job effectively otherwise. Maybe if you boiled the soda + fumarate together.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ListenPlease
#4 Posted : 3/23/2018 5:25:53 PM

Traveling light

Thanks for the responses.

Firstly, I didn't specify but this was a conversion of MET fumarate to freebase, so it'll obviously behave a bit differently from DMT, but hopefully pretty similar.

I used a procedure similar to: https://www.reddit.com/r...freebase_conversion_tek/

FWIW, for my first attempt at conversion I used the Sodium Carbonate Paste and Pull method from https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Freebase_Conversion_TEK , but it was a failure: The result was way too oily to work with, and somehow I lost 80% of my material during the conversion.

Any recommendation for which procedure from that page I should try next? Smile