We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt experiences that are stroke-like? Options

exquisitus
#1 Posted : 3/21/2018 9:51:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hmmmmm, wait what...

i am reading kripal's latest book secret body, and i see an exact description of what i usually experience while participating in santo daime events. kripal cites jill bolte taylor's (very famous) stroke experience as a perfect example. kripal also writes that her left brain shut down and that explains the experience... you see why i find that part of the book quite interesting... now, i have to get her book and read it very carefully...

any comments or similar experiences greatly appreciated.

ps kripal's book is a must for his fans, just be aware of his homoerotic leanings, they could be a bit over the top amusing, i certainly find them consistently quite ridiculous...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 3/22/2018 4:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Could be an interesting line of discussion. Maybe you could outline more of what the author says and your own experience.

What do you mean by stroke like?

I don't have access to the book right now nor anticipate being so soon. Wut?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

I
#3 Posted : 5/5/2018 11:26:19 PM

EYE

I too am interested in further details, Though I've watched the youtube interview with the neuroscientist in question... Interesting stuff... I felt this effect with salvia (the one time I did it) very strange, difficult to navigate.