We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Novel Perspective on the W.o.D. Options

Chan
#1 Posted : 3/17/2018 2:21:52 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

An online acquaintance of mine has just published his first novel, based on some interesting experiences he had in Colombia during the Escobar era, while working on a freighter. I've read the proof, and I enjoyed it a lot. He also persuaded Nicolas Rosenfeld to do the cover art, which is a nice touch.

It's Kindle-only at the moment, but I believe it's free for a time...

Transported By Water
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

null24
#2 Posted : 3/17/2018 2:53:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Damn, I don't have Kindle.

The bio's a nice touch-short and to the point:
Quote:
Dan Finn is an ocean vagrant and explorer.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Chan
#3 Posted : 3/17/2018 3:03:40 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Hehe, sums him up, he's been to some pretty far-out places I think, and not just in the Nexian sense Wink

I don't have a Kindle either, but the app (PC/Mac/devices...not sure about Linux?) is OK. Better than PDF IMO, in that you can zoom the text how you like. Still doesn't beat paper, but...
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers