We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Need help - Is it smokable? Options

AngelwithSinn
#21 Posted : 3/12/2018 3:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Northener, even if some NaOH ended up in the final product, wouldn't it be very difficult to vaporize? NaOH melting point is in the 600Fs and boiling point in the 2000Fs. NaOH probably won't even melt if DMT is vaped properly, not that any should be significantly present like you say.

This I figured would be my safety valve.

I read this before extracting, that the boiling point of lye is far higher than for dmt, I've read that the temp is too high even for torch lighters.

Also I was very sure not to take any visible trace that wasn't the naptha layer.

Even left a layer of clear to make sure.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 3/12/2018 5:54:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Right, but still despite the high boiling point of NaOH take care because spice that burns uncomfortably in the lungs can be a thing as Northener said. Not sure how it works exactly though. You should be fine as long as you follow directions and you can all ways do a small test to begin with.

Starting with low doses is recommended. Get to know your spice and get "familiar" with it as much you can. As mentioned already in this thread you want to make sure you have tested and verified things, otherwise you may send your mind in unnecessary mental loops during the experience. Read, read, read and read again the older posts here on the Nexus that have been veted (the one The Grateful One posted is great).

You are probably doing all this already, so sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, it's just that we want you to be without harm AND we don't want you to start worrying about the spice as you are launched into hyperspace at a billion miles an hour.

Best of luck!
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

AngelwithSinn
#23 Posted : 3/12/2018 8:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Right, but still despite the high boiling point of NaOH take care because spice that burns uncomfortably in the lungs can be a thing as Northener said. Not sure how it works exactly though. You should be fine as long as you follow directions and you can all ways do a small test to begin with.

Starting with low doses is recommended. Get to know your spice and get "familiar" with it as much you can. As mentioned already in this thread you want to make sure you have tested and verified things, otherwise you may send your mind in unnecessary mental loops during the experience. Read, read, read and read again the older posts here on the Nexus that have been veted (the one The Grateful One posted is great).

You are probably doing all this already, so sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, it's just that we want you to be without harm AND we don't want you to start worrying about the spice as you are launched into hyperspace at a billion miles an hour.

Best of luck!

No doesn't sound preachy at all, thanks, this is why I joined the site.

I have been doing tons of research but I'm definitely not at a level to understand all of it.

The chemistry for example completely eludes me.

I read but comprehending a lot of it is over my head.

Loveall
#24 Posted : 3/12/2018 8:53:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sounds good. I get what you are saying as I still have questions all the time (and probably will until the end) Thumbs up

A lot of us are happy to help you find an answer if/when we can. The chat welcome area can be a good place to discuss questions too if/when members are active (you may need to try a few times and be patient).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

pitubo
#25 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:56:06 PM

dysfunctional word machine

TGO wrote:
I respectfully request that we stop derailing this thread now.

I apologize in advance for revisiting the derailment for the following announcement.

TGO wrote:
Edit: However, I'm not going to validate someone for you by digging up posts. If you want to find the beauty in Null's writing, find it yourself by searching.

Upon finding myself at the receiving end of a sudden and uncalled for insult by Soaring Eagle in another thread, I became so curious about the reasons for his behavior, that I proceeded to dig up his posts and found this thread here.

My reason for posting is to inform those members who were insulted by Soaring Eagle in this thread of my findings that new user Soaring Eagle is in all likeliness a sockpuppet of long-standing member Running Bear. The "lol"-posting style, the repeated crude insults and even occasional favorable mentioning of Running Bear in Soaring Eagle's postings made me suspicious. My suspicions were later confirmed in the chatroom: Soaring Eagle is Running Bear.

It is all the more ironic that Soaring Eagle in this thread claims to champion harm reduction, considering that Running Bear's long standing chronic dislike of me is rooted in an incident where I commented unfavorably on his advising new members to heat flammable solvents directly in a crock pot on a stove. Curiously, one of his episodes even involves the exact same members as this thread - coincidentally (or not?) also relating to harm reduction.

concombres
#26 Posted : 4/29/2018 4:00:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
TGO wrote:
I respectfully request that we stop derailing this thread now.

I apologize in advance for revisiting the derailment for the following announcement.

TGO wrote:
Edit: However, I'm not going to validate someone for you by digging up posts. If you want to find the beauty in Null's writing, find it yourself by searching.

Upon finding myself at the receiving end of a sudden and uncalled for insult by Soaring Eagle in another thread, I became so curious about the reasons for his behavior, that I proceeded to dig up his posts and found this thread here.

My reason for posting is to inform those members who were insulted by Soaring Eagle in this thread of my findings that new user Soaring Eagle is in all likeliness a sockpuppet of long-standing member Running Bear. The "lol"-posting style, the repeated crude insults and even occasional favorable mentioning of Running Bear in Soaring Eagle's postings made me suspicious. My suspicions were later confirmed in the chatroom: Soaring Eagle is Running Bear.

It is all the more ironic that Soaring Eagle in this thread claims to champion harm reduction, considering that Running Bear's long standing chronic dislike of me is rooted in an incident where I commented unfavorably on his advising new members to heat flammable solvents directly in a crock pot on a stove. Curiously, one of his episodes even involves the exact same members as this thread - coincidentally (or not?) also relating to harm reduction.

I have the same suspicion but where is there any concrete proof? The problem with this is that we can all sit & point out things like about both users all day but it looks like a witch hunt unless there is some major slip up from both users that proves without a doubt both are one and the same.

If you ask me RB also shows some semblance to certain reddit user who used to terrorize (shill?) in the DMT sub & played the same sock puppet game, but thats not really provable here either.

Just leave it alone & ignore the guy.

pitubo
#27 Posted : 4/29/2018 10:46:58 AM

dysfunctional word machine

concombres wrote:
I have the same suspicion but where is there any concrete proof?

I too started with a suspicion and initially only made a veiled mention in the other thread. A moderator later confirmed this suspicion in the chat when I inquired about it. The forum software has some technical provisions available to the moderators to check suspicious user behavior. I generally trust the moderators' word and the cited evidence is pretty damning.

TGO
#28 Posted : 4/29/2018 6:07:51 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

pitubo wrote:
concombres wrote:

I too started with a suspicion and initially only made a veiled mention in the other thread. A moderator later confirmed this suspicion in the chat when I inquired about it. The forum software has some technical provisions available to the moderators to check suspicious user behavior. I generally trust the moderators' word and the cited evidence is pretty damning.

Same here. I've had suspicions myself, especially after this thread. As you mentioned, the seemingly random dislike of you from the start, favorable mentions of RB, and the "lol" style were all red flags to me too. I never pursued it because I didn't have any solid evidence. But if the MOD team thinks something is up, as well as several members, I'll have to admit that something weird is definitely going on.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

concombres
#29 Posted : 4/29/2018 8:07:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO wrote:
pitubo wrote:
concombres wrote:

Same here. I've had suspicions myself, especially after this thread. As you mentioned, the seemingly random dislike of you from the start, favorable mentions of RB, and the "lol" style were all red flags to me too. I never pursued it because I didn't have any solid evidence. But if the MOD team thinks something is up, as well as several members, I'll have to admit that something weird is definitely going on.

It sounds like the mods have sufficient proof then. How does one deal with a joker like this on the internet? You can permaban account names, IP addresses, look for the guys tells with software, etc. But if he has nothing better to do hell just continue to find ways to create new accounts & hoorass the same members.

I have seen scenarios like this in other places a handful of times.

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 5/1/2018 3:57:06 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I noticed that Soaring Eagle was probably another handle for RB quite early on. Then I forgot.

What will the next puppet be called? Swimming Sturgeon? Hopping Bunny? Smoking Gun?

Strange Games.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12