CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
free the spores! Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 3/9/2018 6:34:27 PM

πŸ’–

Chemical expertSenior Member

Denver group (Denver for Psilocybin) is taking first small steps to make psilocybin legal in Colorado. Currently they are getting the all clear to gather signatures for a ballot initiative.

https://www.thedenvercha...legalize-mushrooms-next

Wishing them the best.
β€œ... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

Trippy glass for trippy people.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 1/9/2019 4:28:33 PM

πŸ’–

Some good news from Denver! Organizers claim a ballot proposal to decriminalize mushrooms at the city level has gathered enough signatures to be voted. If certified, the people can vote on it in May.

This time the organization is called "Denver for Psilocybin". Their director, Kevin Matthews, seems like a legit real-life hero. He was helped by mushrooms (like some of us here) and did something about it:

9news wrote:
Matthews, a father of a 4-year-old, said he personally has benefited from the drug to help with depression.

β€œMushrooms have really given me a new lease, a new outlook, a new perception on life,” Matthews said. β€œIt’s made the world a better place for me. It’s not something I use very often, but the experiences I have had have been profound and have radically changed me.”

Best of luck to Kevin and the group he is in. Rights are not given to us, we need to go get them.

A lot of work is left, including door to door campaning for the initiative. They have about 100 volunteers. If I lived in Denver I would look into joining this effort to bring freedom to the people.
β€œ... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 1/9/2019 5:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome. Wish them all the best and I hope they get something passed. A change in laws that gives access to this medicine to any adult who so chooses to partake. That would be amazing. That has the potential to change the world. I feel like the legalization of recreational cannabis on a state level has opened some doors. Let us hope. Thanks for posting this Loveall. Edit, I read the second article, and the change in law I was daydreaming about is a little different than what they are trying for. Decriminalization is a great place to start!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

Let it be known, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of man.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 1/9/2019 7:14:12 PM

πŸ’–

Yes, agreed, I think decriminalization is a good and resonable first step for mushrooms.

Call me old fashioned, but I kind of like the idea that an individual pursuing this part of nature is going to have to put some personal effort and thought into this endeavor (instead of just walking up to counter and ordering up).

null24
#5 Posted : 1/10/2019 5:20:16 PM

not a derogatory robot

Again, i like Colorado's bill so much better than my state's.

In Oregon, a small cadre of professional psychotherapists are trying to get a bill on the ballot that basically allows them, and only them, to provide mushrooms only within (expensive, non insurance covered) doctor visits. In essence it sets them up as a protected legal class and within an entirely new profession. I don't know where the "medicine" is to be sourced, but they'll set up the supply chain and prices too...

Hell, i know of person that uses them in psychotherapysessions and they provide them for 3X the street value to yuppies with no drug connections... A pretty sweet set-up for that family.

Unfortunately in Oregon the psychedelic societys have been taken over and are controlled by a bunch of greed driven yuppie new-agers who think they know the best for everyone and think they should be in control. (Ask me how i really feelConfused )
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*Ξ³Ξ½αΏΆΞΈΞΉ ΟƒΞ΅Ξ±Ο…Ο„ΟŒΞ½*
the practical tripper
The American Ascetic Blues

FranLover
#6 Posted : 1/11/2019 1:02:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man this would be the best thing ever...to vacation in Denver, skiing all day and at night smoking high quality canabis in varied strains with shrooms!
And if there's a cloud above
If it should rain we'll let it
But for tonight, forget it!
Cause I'm in the mood for love

Loveall
#7 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:49:31 AM

πŸ’–

FranLover wrote:
Man this would be the best thing ever...to vacation in Denver, skiing all day and at night smoking high quality canabis in varied strains with shrooms!

It could be a good place for a psychedlic science convention... Big grin