We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone play Overwatch for PC? Options

#1 Posted : 3/6/2018 1:13:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

A friend of mine, she got me back into the video/pc game scene, it's literally been years since I've played any sort of game. She suggested Overwatch for PC. Smile

Visually speaking it's a stunning fps game. Basically you're able to pick from a roster of heroes, each with their own abilities, weapon/s, their 'ultimate' which is pretty much their special attack/healing that builds up during gameplay for you to use. Each character pretty much has their own point/position in the game. You have offense players, defense players, tanks, and support/healers. There's a variety of modes/gameplay online. I mainly play support, I usually play a character named Zenyata.

Zenyata Backstory wrote:
An omnic AI monk that wandered the world in search of spiritual enlightenment. Years ago, following the omnic crisis, a group of outcast omnic AIs experienced what they described as a spiritual awakening. They left their programmed lives to establish a communal monastery deep in the Himalayas, with Zenyata being a part.

I'm thoroughly addicted now, and have been playing pretty consistently, think I'm a level 32 now [pretty low relative to everyone else]. Anyone else play? If so what's your name?

** Here's a nice trailer/gameplay video, beautiful and worth the watch. Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 3/6/2018 1:39:22 PM

Don't Panic

I too was introduced to Overwatch by a friend, and bought it due to peer pressure from several other friends. It was fun, but i bought it when i was starting to question the point of gaming in the first place. I used to be a gaming addict. It was my only addiction. It was not enough to get me to relapse. Games just don't hold my attention anymore. I remember the days when i could game all day for weeks on end. Now, i can hardly last 30 minutes before either getting bored or being crippled by existentialism. Had this game existed while i was an addict, i could see myself investing some serious time into it.

I played 2 games of Overwatch, both with Zenyata, clearly. That dude is the character for a psychonaut.

These days, if i do game, it's typically something tactical or strategic. Something where i can see real world transferable skills, like micromanagement, multitasking and resource management. Age of Empires II, Factorio, Path of Exile etc. Or a multiplayer game with mates for shits and giggles.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

#3 Posted : 3/6/2018 4:12:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Psilosopher? wrote:
I too was introduced to Overwatch by a friend, and bought it due to peer pressure from several other friends. It was fun, but i bought it when i was starting to question the point of gaming in the first place. I used to be a gaming addict. It was my only addiction. It was not enough to get me to relapse. Games just don't hold my attention anymore. I remember the days when i could game all day for weeks on end. Now, i can hardly last 30 minutes before either getting bored or being crippled by existentialism. Had this game existed while i was an addict, i could see myself investing some serious time into it.

I played 2 games of Overwatch, both with Zenyata, clearly. That dude is the character for a psychonaut.

These days, if i do game, it's typically something tactical or strategic. Something where i can see real world transferable skills, like micromanagement, multitasking and resource management. Age of Empires II, Factorio, Path of Exile etc. Or a multiplayer game with mates for shits and giggles.

I feel you about the games not holding attention. It's funny, because when I play Overwatch [don't play any other games haha, don't really have that much time] I usually only play between 30 minutes to an hour, never more because I end up getting bored, becomes sort've redundant haha.

And yeah I agree about 'if I'd caught this game years ago I'd play nonstop', I used to be like that with xBox. Don't have any consoles now, just my computer.

Yeah man, zen's an awesome character, and very powerful when you're strategic with his placement during the games, an amazing support and healer. You can get some pretty neat skins for him too. Big grin

cheers Thumbs up