We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Silene Capensis - unexpected results from 14 day trial. Options

antares
#1 Posted : 2/28/2018 10:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a 14 day trial of African dream root (Silene Capensis) at a dose of 1 gram per day. The whole root was chewed and swallowed every morning on an empty stomach. The taste was not unpleasant but it cannot even remotely be described as being nice.

I am normally a fairly light sleeper and I dream a lot nearly every night. I have not trained myself in lucid dreaming but I find that not infrequently, I can direct the general direction of my dreams but not the finer details.

By the third day of my trial, I noticed that the number of dreams I had every night decreased very significantly. I had less waking spells every night and when I woke up in the morning, I woke up feeling refreshed which is unusual for me in the early morning. This did not change during the entire two week trial. I felt more refreshed with the same duration of sleep. I did not experience any daytime drowsiness. The number of dreams I had every night remained a tiny fraction of what I normally have every night.

After stopping the trial, I find that my sleep pattern has returned to my baseline which is light sleep, lots of dreams and waking spells and feeling tired when waking up in the morning. My experience seems to be opposite to what most people describe. Has anyone here had a similar experience to mine?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.