We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Simple How to Guide to Alleviate Pre-flight Anxiety for noobs and everyone really Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 2/19/2018 1:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a simple method to alleviate pre-flight anxiety and propel your work with sacred spice to a new level. People ask all the time about this topic so i thought I would share in detail what works for me. There are many other things I added to my practice that are personal but this is the base line prep for me to ensure I am ready to go.

To begin do 6 to 12 rounds of sun salutations (A series). This is a basic yoga series most anyone can do that moves with the breath bringing basic functions into synchronicity. It warms up the spine and resets the nervous system. I was introduced to this in 1993 by a friend who saw me going into a bit of mental duress on LSD. After a few of these i found myself in a great state of mind and the profound effect of this simple exercise never left me. https://youtu.be/yzooC-5Xv8E

This is a simple tutorial I found on youtube for beginners that leaves out the westernized chaturanga that was added for westerners who like push ups. After years of chronic shoulder pain i found improper chaturanga to be a part of the problem and it isn’t necessary for the practice. Here is visual image for those who cannot access Youtube through their browser i borrowed from this site http://www.jillpaschalyo...category/sun-salutations

After the physical warm up if you are still feeling anxiety over the launch do this series of alternate nostril breathing.

1. Take a comfortable and tall seat, making sure your spine is straight and your heart is open.
2. Relax your left palm comfortably into your lap and bring your right hand just in front of your face.
3. With your right hand, bring your pointer finger and middle finger to rest between your eyebrows, lightly using them as an anchor. The fingers we’ll be actively using are the thumb and ring finger.
4. Close your eyes and take a deep breath in and out through your nose.
5. Close your right nostril with your right thumb. Inhale through the left nostril slowly and steadily.
6. Close the left nostril with your ring finger so both nostrils are held closed; retain your breath at the top of the inhale for a brief pause.
7. Open your right nostril and release the breath slowly through the right side; pause briefly at the bottom of the exhale.
8. Inhale through the right side slowly.
9. Hold both nostrils closed (with ring finger and thumb).
10. Open your left nostril and release breath slowly through the left side. Pause briefly at the bottom.
11. Repeat 5-10 cycles, allowing your mind to follow your inhales and exhales.

Full article https://chopra.com/artic...rnate-nostril-breathing.

Our fear response lies in the autonomic (involuntary)branch of the nervous system so what we are doing is communicating to that part that we are safe by breath control.

At this point I am setting my intention, calling on my protector spirits and thanking the plants and elements used to provide the sacrament and inviting them into the fabric of my being and experience.

When i do not follow this I lean toward anxiety during the trip which is far more difficult to reel in than if in is taken care of beforehand. Part of the battle can be transmuting fear into excitement. This post by Ancotar goes into some good detail about harnessing power of intention https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=45147 So take some time to honor yourself and the sacraments, take care of that racing heart and you will reap the rewards. Namaste Y’all!
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ommani
#2 Posted : 2/19/2018 11:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is great. Thank you!

Jees
#3 Posted : 2/20/2018 12:50:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ommani wrote:
This is great. Thank you!
+1 Thumbs up

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 2/20/2018 12:11:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love if anyone tries this i hope to hear from you Love
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?