We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian Rue Chai Options

HumbleVoyager
#1 Posted : 2/15/2018 4:54:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is something I came up with more for lighter MAOI effects and for general health benefits of drinking Rue.
I had been enjoying drinking rue in combination with my other herbal teas but I did notice that the taste was in stark contrast to the herbs I was using. So I embarked on a journey to create a recipe for Syrian Rue Chai and make the whole endeavor straight up pleasurable. Without further ado, here is the recipe:

Syrian Rue Chai

Makes 6 cups
Ingredients
-6 cardamom pods
-10 whole cloves
-1 teaspoon anise seeds
-2 teaspoons black peppercorns
-2 teaspoons cinnamon or 2 sticks of cinnamon
-6 cups water
-3-6 teaspoons ground Syrian rue (depending on how strong you want. Start with 3.)
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 cups of unsweetened plant milk

Instructions
Combine spices and herbs in medium saucepan. Using mallet or back of large spoon, lightly crush or bruise spices. Add 6 cups water; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover pan, and simmer gently 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Bring tea just to simmer over high heat, whisking until sugar dissolves. Take off heat and add milk. Strain chai into teapot and serve hot.

It can also be stored for later quite easily.

Cheers!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Heretic
#2 Posted : 3/23/2018 5:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

roast your rue seeds first, it will knock out the bitter taste and make them more nutty flavored and less prone to nausea
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

HumbleVoyager
#3 Posted : 3/24/2018 4:28:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heretic wrote:
roast your rue seeds first, it will knock out the bitter taste and make them more nutty flavored and less prone to nausea

Oh wow, awesome tip! How do you roast them? In the oven, I assume, but what temp and for how long?

Thumbs up

Rock.0
#4 Posted : 3/24/2018 5:58:38 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

This sounds really appealing. Could I ask, what sort of psychoactive experiences should one expect when consuming rue in this way? And I assume all dietary/medical guidelines apply still?

Heretic wrote:

Baking tray in oven?

HumbleVoyager
#5 Posted : 3/24/2018 6:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rock.0 wrote:
This sounds really appealing. Could I ask, what sort of psychoactive experiences should one expect when consuming rue in this way? And I assume all dietary/medical guidelines apply still?

Heretic wrote:

Baking tray in oven?

Well, generally there is a feeling of relaxation, with a mild stoning effect depending on how much is consumed. It has been shown to reduce blood pressure, relieve anxiety, relieve depression, and much more. In general though, the effect is a relaxation and stoney feeling, almost like a decent indica strain but without much of a psychedelic or "drugged" feeling. Perhaps I am not great at describing it, but anyone who has potentiated spice with harmalas knows that feeling I'm talking about. It's usually the feeling one gets that lets them know they're ready to take their spice orally.

If enough is consumed, it could get full-on purgative and maybe somewhat visionary, but I consider it to be more of a low-grade MAO Inhibition and a way to reap the benefits that harmala alkaloids have to offer (see this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841998/).

In terms of dietary/medical guidelines, I would recommend following them, but keep in mind that there aren't really too many dietary things to avoid. More important is to avoid drug interactions, such as caffeine, other stimulants, drugs such as MDMA or 2C-B, and know that it will likely potentiate tryptamines such as DMT. Speaking of which, I imagine that if one were to drink some of this special Chai and then smoke some spice, they would be able to have a more drawn-out session instead of having to rush and smoke it all at once.

Rock.0
#6 Posted : 3/25/2018 4:09:52 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

Thank Humble. I wanted to check out that article but the link is broken, do you have the title of the study or can you please check the link?

HumbleVoyager
#7 Posted : 3/25/2018 6:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rock.0 wrote:
Thank Humble. I wanted to check out that article but the link is broken, do you have the title of the study or can you please check the link?

Link fixed! And here it is again: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841998/

pastanostra
#8 Posted : 4/28/2018 9:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for your recipe, tried yesterday adapted for 1 people, it was very flavourly. Thumbs up

Peace.

HumbleVoyager
#9 Posted : 5/1/2018 7:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pastanostra wrote:
Thank you very much for your recipe, tried yesterday adapted for 1 people, it was very flavourly. Thumbs up

Peace.

Happy to hear that it was tasty and enjoyable! Did you get a nice rue buzz from it?

pastanostra
#10 Posted : 5/2/2018 2:50:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The 1st i took, i took one cup of chai, i feeled something calming me down (was ready to launch a changa afer), i tried another time the chai, this time at the morning replacing cofee before work (1 cup and a half). I was much more concentrated on my work and less prone to stress, feeled a small headspace, but with the work i didn't had time to think about it so much ^^
The next time i'll try to add more rue (will weight it this time) i just put 1 teaspoon or rus seed for my chai.

The rue buzz is nearly (less intense) like a DMT buzz ? =====> Found IT after chai tea Smile

CatPharm
#11 Posted : 5/26/2018 4:49:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the recipe......sippin right now, tastes great👍👍👍

HumbleVoyager
#12 Posted : 5/28/2018 5:47:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CatPharm wrote:
Thanks for the recipe......sippin right now, tastes great👍👍👍

<3 glad you're enjoying it! Big grin