We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in two forms Options

U gO
#1 Posted : 2/7/2018 9:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that this answers lot of questions

WHITE OR YELLOW DMT? The enigma has been resolved. DMT exists at least in two forms, the Form I, white, with melting point at 57-58°C, while the Form II, yellowish, has melting point at 45-46°C. Therefore, the yellow color is not an indication of impurities, but it indicates the presence of the Form II.

See: Gaujac Alain et al., 2013, Investigations into the polymorphic properties of N,N-dimethyltryptamine by X-ray diffraction and differential scanning calorimetry, Microchemical Journal, vol. 110, pp. 146-157.
Still growing and evolving, trying too feel good with myself before attempting to feel good with others
following the way of love.
Smoke weed is not addictive, Grow it is.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/7/2018 9:36:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting! This has been discussed before here. for example: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42590

That being said, I think it's better to be careful with wording. Yes it is true DMT is polymorphic and yellow DMT can be pure, but this doesn't mean all yellow DMT is necessarily pure DMT, it depends on other factors.

Here's a thread on color vs purity:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 2/9/2018 10:22:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

U gO wrote:
Therefore, the yellow color is not an indication of impurities, but it indicates the presence of the Form II.

More precise would be "yellow color may not be an indication of impurities".

Pure DMT can be yellow but not all yellow DMT is pure, as endlessness wrote.

Thanks for the reference.