We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Machine: Technical Details For Successful One-Hit Vaping Options

melotikaci
#1 Posted : 2/2/2018 10:49:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a year of experimenting with dmt and trying various vaping techniques, I think I finally managed to find out the key aspects of how to one-hit inhale all the spice with the machine.

I commented it in one of the threads and thought it would be good idea to make a separate topic about it.

So here we go:

Lets start with the device itself:
1. To make sure melted spice doesn't get lost in mesh and heat easily reaches every part of it, you should make it only thick enough to hold all the spice:

2. radius of the mesh should be slightly more than the radius of the bottle neck. It shouldn't take much effort to fit in. no need to make holes in it, just get it warm and add spice on it. it's better to melt all of the spice in the center spot for easier evaporation. Furthermore, you can push the mesh into the bottle neck a little bit.

3. Bottle should be very small, I have 330ml bottle but it maybe better to get even smaller one. That way you avoid filling your lungs with unnecessary air. Dmt concentration in the air should be as high as possible.
Make sure you are using a narrow straw to further minimize unnecessary airflow.

4. you need to hold it vertically with the mesh facing down, like in the last pic. that way you avoid draining melted dmt down in the bottle.

5. You MUST inhale as you start your lighter. maybe 1-2 seconds later. you should inhale slowly, one toke should last ~20 seconds, more if you can. Vaping dmt takes some time, if you do strong and fast tokes, you'll get mostly air into your lungs. Do some breathing exercises to increase your lungs capacity.

6. Hold lighter ~2 centimeters away from the bottle and slowly start moving it closer as you inhale. After few seconds you can start circular movements to make sure you evaporate the melted spice near the bottle edges that tries to escape the heat.

7. After the toke hold your breath as long as you can, after ~7-10 seconds you'll get the filling of the vapour dissolving in your lungs and absorbed by the whole body, that's when you can exhale.

8. Highly recommended to use torch lighter, but a smaller one to easily manage with one hand.
something like this

These are small but crucial details for getting max out of the machine.

I was able to inhale ~17mg spice in one hit using this technique. haven't tried more yet. I'll update the topic if I get any more important insights.

Post your tips if you have any, I'll test them and update the thread accordingly.

Smoalk moar and be safe.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

NgatiWikitoria
#2 Posted : 2/3/2018 11:02:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I made The Machine a couple of weeks ago using a 30ml glass bottle (home brew spirits flavouring), and thankfully saw this thread as it reminded me to bake my stainless steel wire in the embers of the fire at the place where I'm spending the weekend - otherwise I would have completely forgotten (it's been a long day), so thanks for posting.

My question is: what happens if you have a larger amount of stainless steel scrubber? Does the spice get "lost" in it? If loading a larger amount (say 100-200mg), is it possible to get too much? My access to this compound at the moment is limited and I want to share what I have with a couple of friends, so I was thinking of freebasing ~50 harmine in a separate glass pipe, then following with dmt in The Machine - but loading all of the dmt into there first.
Is there a possibility that this could result in an excessive dose? Or wastage? I want to avoid both, especially the former.

Could you please post the weight of the mesh/scrubber that you are using? It strikes me that the diameter of the bottle that you're using will be significantly larger than mine (around 10mm), which is why I thought that you are using a far smaller amount if mesh than me, but it may in fact be the same.
The object of my participation in this assembly:
The Diffusion of Light and the Advancement of Science

melotikaci
#3 Posted : 2/3/2018 3:10:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NgatiWikitoria wrote:

My question is: what happens if you have a larger amount of stainless steel scrubber? Does the spice get "lost" in it? If loading a larger amount (say 100-200mg), is it possible to get too much? My access to this compound at the moment is limited and I want to share what I have with a couple of friends, so I was thinking of freebasing ~50 harmine in a separate glass pipe, then following with dmt in The Machine - but loading all of the dmt into there first.
Is there a possibility that this could result in an excessive dose? Or wastage? I want to avoid both, especially the former.

Could you please post the weight of the mesh/scrubber that you are using? It strikes me that the diameter of the bottle that you're using will be significantly larger than mine (around 10mm), which is why I thought that you are using a far smaller amount if mesh than me, but it may in fact be the same.

Scrubber is 720mg, it's cheap stainless steel one. diameter of the bottle neck is standard I guess, coca-cola's bottle cap fits fine.

I think mine can fit 100-150mg at once but can I wouldn't risk doing that. To make sure none of you overdose or waste spice, better load separately and smoalk one after another.

melotikaci
#4 Posted : 2/3/2018 6:27:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: I sucked up all of the 30mg with one hit. So guidelines seem to be working well. Just note that you may want to speed up inhaling a little bit after ~10secs cause I was already tripping balls on halfway mark(T: ~12seconds) and it may become a bit hard to finish the hit.

I need to find a sweet spot now. 30mg seemed a bit uncomfortable, maybe 22-25mg will be a much better dosage.

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 2/5/2018 9:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My machine was an "airplane" bottle of vodka. I found though that a bic lighter is all i needed. The trick is moving the flame in so it never touches but is close enough to vaporize, def a sweetspot that took practice. Enough mesh to be sure melted spice doesnt drip through but fills the mesh as it heats into convection. If you listen you will here a sizzle. The uncomfortable place for mwe is burnt spice. I spend half the trip feeling like i have an obstruction in my throat and freaking out about it and feeling like i could puke. WARNING A torch on the wrong glass may crack it mid hit and that would be terrible. If one cannot find small glass bottle in a liquor stor check the spice aisle. Some sauces come in bottles small enough.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

melotikaci
#6 Posted : 2/7/2018 6:39:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, small vodka bottles are perfect size, good you mentioned it.
The bottle you see in pictures is souce bottle hehe.