We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Burned my harmaline acetate, any hope? Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 1/17/2018 8:48:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dissolved 7g of my (presumably highly impure) fb harmaline in vinegar with the intention of doing a zinc reduction. I used excess vinegar to make sure everything would dissolve, and then proceeded to reduce the liquid in a pot on an electric hot plate.

When I realized how strong the smell of the reducing vinegar solution was (and that breathing in the acetic acid vapors might not be healthy), I decided to move it to the unheated shed with the windows open. I set up the hot plate in the shed and set an alarm on my phone to remind me to check on it.

Apparently the hot plate's thermostat got confused by the environment of the cold shed, because it reduced my solution much quicker than it had inside the house. When I checked on it, it was already burned.

There are burned, carbonized chunks at the bottom of the pot, and some goo on its walls. The goo glows in UV (presumably harmine acetate), the carbonized bits don't.

I'm wondering what's the best way to retrieve whatever goodies are left?
I could wash the inside of the pot with hot vinegar to dissolve the harmaline acetate goo, then reduce it again and hopefully not burn it.
Is the carbonized stuff no use at all and shall I discard it before said washing? Is there any danger in consuming it?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!