We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Underdose? Options

TheHappiestLittleNug
#1 Posted : 11/17/2009 9:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently had my first aya experience. It was alright I had a few minor hallucinations, some floating shapes, a few flying squiggles, and I thought very deeply of the relation between humans and the upper dimensions for a few hours. The only thing I didnt enjoy was purging for a good portion of the peak and the taste of mimosa (uggh). I brewed with 8g of mhrb, 30g red caapi, and 2g syrian so I guess it wasnt really aya but mimosahuasca, but back to the topic. I held it down for 35 minutes but I did not receive the experience I had imagined. I only have 25g caapi left but I am thinking of saving it until I have a little more experience.

Would 20 grams mimosa and 4g syrian do me well? What kind of journey can I expect from this?
The internet is a medium for the free exchange of ideas. Please take everything that is stated there with a large grain of salt because it is all lies. Especially my posts!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nadir
#2 Posted : 11/17/2009 9:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

20g of mimosa should be active without maoi.
wouldn't take this much.
try 10-15 max (if it's Mimosa Hostilis)
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

gammagore
#3 Posted : 11/17/2009 11:03:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there happyNug, sounds like you had a nice journey, I doupt upping mimosa to 20 grams is the answer.

8 gr mimosa should have knocked you good, I dont think its a good idea to up it to 20, even 10 for that reason, I dont have much experience on this, but I have read alot about mimohuasca. Maybe you should half your mimosa brew and keep half for when you purge. Also, the rue, how are you preparing them?

soulman
#4 Posted : 11/17/2009 11:36:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude, if you gave caapi, use that instead of rue.
Rue can be like gettin thrown in at the deep end. You have to fend for yourself.
But with caapi, you get arm bands i.e some support.
You have to go within or you go without

azrael
#5 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:49:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How did you prepare the brew? There's a few things that can knock down the potency. Rather than increase the ingredients, it's better to increase efficiency.

The below is definitely not the only way and is probably not preferred by some, but it will get someone started.

Outline of personal dose preparation:

1. Weight out materials and grind them all to a powder.

2. Put the plant matter into your non-aluminum pot.
3. Add bottled (drinking) water, enough to cover the material by almost an inch.
4. Add .5-1oz (15-30ml) lime (or lemon) juice.
5. Turn on the stove, bringing the water to just below a simmer. Either heat the water until little bubbles start coming up and then back off a tad, or slowly increase heat until you see steam coming off the top and the surface of the water begins to "shimmer" or "gleam" a little.
6. Allow to cook for 30-45 minutes. Watch that the brew does not boil, stir occasionally.
7. Turn off heat, let the brew settle for a few minutes so that it can cool. Strain into a separate larger container through an old t-shirt, handkerchief, rag, or cheese cloth.

8. Keeping your colored brew separate, repeat steps 2-7 at least once or twice.
9. Put your plant matter aside (don't throw away until the day after) and combine all of your colored brew in your brewing pot.
10. Bring to a simmer, at most a low boil, to reduce the amount of liquid to something you consider drinkable. 8-16oz works for some.

Notes:
1. fine powder, more surface area on particles increases extraction efficiency.
2. lots of people don't like cooking with aluminum for any type of consumable, Alzheimer's or something.
3. bottled water works better than tap water, depending on the location. this may not be the case for some, but if you don't know then use bottled water.
4. this step is not totally necessary (pure water would work), but citric acid lowers the pH and increases the ability to extract alkaloids. it sits sour in your stomach and affects the flavor of your purge. some people use vinegar and boil it off, but I've found that vinegar is still gross. there's probably a correct amount of citric acid to use in accordance with your water, some proper ratio and if you have litmus paper and really want to be spot on, aim for pH 4. otherwise a littl' dabl' doya.
5. boiling hard breaks up the good stuff and thus decreases potency.
6. brew all day if you feel like it. some people like to. others say 20 minutes per brew/strain. 30-45 will get the job done.
7. handkerchief (cotton) works well if you've got a fine powder.
8. brew/strain at least twice, anything beyond four times is most likely negligible.
9. sometimes you may want to save your plant matter to throw in with the next batch, for fun. maybe you think you can squeeze more out of it. you won't know until after the session.
10. at this stage, the alkaloids are in their citrate form and will not be destroyed by a little boiling, so it is safe to use more heat.

There's a lot of other ways to brew, and it can get interesting to read around on the different methods. Someone who is interested might want to find different forms of preparation, try them separately, combine some ideas, until a personal method is developed.

I read about this girl who started off by adding the powdered plant material to the pot of a Mr Coffee with a bottle of water and some lemon juice. She just turned it on and let it sit for an hour (since it doesn't boil) and then strained it through a wash cloth into the ceremonial coffee mug. Kinda messy, but about as simple as you can get. Brews probably wouldn't be as strong as the above method, but it could work.

Keep in mind that sometimes aya (or mimosahuasca) just doesn't work. Try to not purge for an hour if you can. If effects are considerably less than expected, and you're working with ingredients of known potency using proper preparation, eat half a piece of bread with a lot of butter or just a few bites of something greasy. This can kick start a supposedly bunk brew.

It doesn't hurt to brew up 1.5x-2x what you expect to drink so that if things aren't as strong, you have the option of consuming more after a few hours.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:37:23 PM

The Great Namah

I would NOT up the dosage more than 8grams of Mimosa. 20g could VERY easily end you in hell, and with rue you'd be there for 4-6 hours instead of 30min-2hours (Caapi).

Underdosing is very common with Aya. If you use Caapi you will still get some beneficial effects (i.e. antidepressant effects, possible toxin purging, etc)

I suggest you learn how to brew first.

Harmala's can be boiled for longer periods of time than DMT containing plants. Keep this in mind.

Personally, I can't understand how people can drink mimosa. It is the most foul tasting brew I have ever had. I much prefer Caapi and Chaliponga. Good Chali can be about as strong g for g as mimosa, granted it's a bit more expensive.

Even Caapi and xtal DMT mixed in the brew (with no other admixture plants) is better IMHO than mimosa.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

TheHappiestLittleNug
#7 Posted : 11/19/2009 8:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Z wrote:
1. Weight out materials and grind them all to a powder.

2. Put the plant matter into your non-aluminum pot.
3. Add bottled (drinking) water, enough to cover the material by almost an inch.
4. Add .5-1oz (15-30ml) lime (or lemon) juice.
5. Turn on the stove, bringing the water to just below a simmer. Either heat the water until little bubbles start coming up and then back off a tad, or slowly increase heat until you see steam coming off the top and the surface of the water begins to "shimmer" or "gleam" a little.
6. Allow to cook for 30-45 minutes. Watch that the brew does not boil, stir occasionally.
7. Turn off heat, let the brew settle for a few minutes so that it can cool. Strain into a separate larger container through an old t-shirt, handkerchief, rag, or cheese cloth.

8. Keeping your colored brew separate, repeat steps 2-7 at least once or twice.
9. Put your plant matter aside (don't throw away until the day after) and combine all of your colored brew in your brewing pot.
10. Bring to a simmer, at most a low boil, to reduce the amount of liquid to something you consider drinkable. 8-16oz works for some.

Notes:
1. fine powder, more surface area on particles increases extraction efficiency.
2. lots of people don't like cooking with aluminum for any type of consumable, Alzheimer's or something.
3. bottled water works better than tap water, depending on the location. this may not be the case for some, but if you don't know then use bottled water.
4. this step is not totally necessary (pure water would work), but citric acid lowers the pH and increases the ability to extract alkaloids. it sits sour in your stomach and affects the flavor of your purge. some people use vinegar and boil it off, but I've found that vinegar is still gross. there's probably a correct amount of citric acid to use in accordance with your water, some proper ratio and if you have litmus paper and really want to be spot on, aim for pH 4. otherwise a littl' dabl' doya.
5. boiling hard breaks up the good stuff and thus decreases potency.
6. brew all day if you feel like it. some people like to. others say 20 minutes per brew/strain. 30-45 will get the job done.
7. handkerchief (cotton) works well if you've got a fine powder.
8. brew/strain at least twice, anything beyond four times is most likely negligible.
9. sometimes you may want to save your plant matter to throw in with the next batch, for fun. maybe you think you can squeeze more out of it. you won't know until after the session.
10. at this stage, the alkaloids are in their citrate form and will not be destroyed by a little boiling, so it is safe to use more heat.

There's a lot of other ways to brew, and it can get interesting to read around on the different methods. Someone who is interested might want to find different forms of preparation, try them separately, combine some ideas, until a personal method is developed.

I read about this girl who started off by adding the powdered plant material to the pot of a Mr Coffee with a bottle of water and some lemon juice. She just turned it on and let it sit for an hour (since it doesn't boil) and then strained it through a wash cloth into the ceremonial coffee mug. Kinda messy, but about as simple as you can get. Brews probably wouldn't be as strong as the above method, but it could work.

Keep in mind that sometimes aya (or mimosahuasca) just doesn't work. Try to not purge for an hour if you can. If effects are considerably less than expected, and you're working with ingredients of known potency using proper preparation, eat half a piece of bread with a lot of butter or just a few bites of something greasy. This can kick start a supposedly bunk brew.

It doesn't hurt to brew up 1.5x-2x what you expect to drink so that if things aren't as strong, you have the option of consuming more after a few hours.

Well I used tap water, too much acidic gunk and couldn't keep it down long enough. I still tripped though. It was quite interesting although I think far more so for my sitter because for a few hours of the peak I was scrutinizing the fabric of the universe and sending him the answers. The hallucinations were nice but it didn't reveal to me anything I didn't already know. I peaked in a confined space that could've affected it too.

Chaos
The internet is a medium for the free exchange of ideas. Please take everything that is stated there with a large grain of salt because it is all lies. Especially my posts!

azrael
#8 Posted : 11/20/2009 10:47:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, it sounds like it was pleasant enough. I don't usually talk during the peak, sometimes laying in silence with the lights off allows the brew to reach it's potential. Sometimes focusing on my eyes and "the intensity contained within them" brings some of the visuals out more.

If you want to try it, you could just eat the mimosa powder. Brew up your maoi, filter and drink that. Mix up the mimosa powder with some water and wash it down within a few minutes. More nausea this way though.

gammagore
#9 Posted : 11/20/2009 11:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Z wrote:

If you want to try it, you could just eat the mimosa powder. Brew up your maoi, filter and drink that. Mix up the mimosa powder with some water and wash it down within a few minutes. More nausea this way though.

That does not sound palatable.

azrael
#10 Posted : 11/21/2009 4:14:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^I find cacti worse.

TheHappiestLittleNug
#11 Posted : 11/22/2009 10:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Daaaaaammmmnnn I tweaked my method a bit and it worked like a friggin charm. Crazy tracers, warps, portals, pulsing colors in my perifs, a few faces, CEVs out the ass and more for like 6 hours. Even on the come down I was getting all sorts shuddering objects and little twitches in outlines of certain objects. I didn't learn as much but that was definitely the strongest trip i've ever experienced

I sort of regret taking it with a group of stoners because I looked like a total freak for wandering off every so often dropping out of the conversation at random (quite frequently if my memory serves) and stumbling like hell all over the place.

azrael
#12 Posted : 11/22/2009 10:55:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic, sounds like it worked. What'd you do differently this time?

TheHappiestLittleNug
#13 Posted : 11/23/2009 10:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Z wrote:
Fantastic, sounds like it worked. What'd you do differently this time?

Used ten grams and reduced like crazy at a lower temp. A little cannabis helped me keep it down the entire time too.

Now I sort of think the first time wasnt even an underdose. I was surprised by it and didnt fully comprehend what was happening around me. I was expecting it to be something too consistent with what I'd read instead of reveling in the novelty of it all.

gammagore
#14 Posted : 11/24/2009 10:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheHappiestLittleNug wrote:
I was surprised by it and didnt fully comprehend what was happening around me. I was expecting it to be something too consistent with what I'd read instead of reveling in the novelty of it all.

NiceVery happy

mew
#15 Posted : 1/8/2010 4:46:04 AM

huachumancer

best tasting brew (least vomit inducing ;p) chali and caapi, by far, when psychotria is in there it just makes it so much grosser (tasting, not experience wise) the alkaloids in chaliponga (diplopterys cabreana) are a little more stable than those in psychotria and are considered to be mulitple times stronger than normal dmt (5meo that is) i had a beautifully divine experience with this twice in a night, favorite, right here ^^