We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Harmala + Iboga not good Options

Danko
#1 Posted : 1/9/2018 4:55:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I am writing all my not good experiences so others may not want to do it. Here

I took about 150 mg of free base harmala, much below my dose for pharma.

I took about 15g of Ibgoa root bark.

I have limited experience with Iboga, two full floods, heart rate went down, about 60 beats per minute, but it was not measured, my sitter told me,

When I took it as previously mentioned, it was a test, obviously I was working with very low amounts since I have high tolerance for harmalas.

Suddenly my heart beat raced a lot, my sitter said it was 110 x min. My heart was to jump out of the chest. It lasted for about half hour. I got to mild visual, not clear stage. All in all it was very frightening. I will never do it again.

In my post on harmalas and dehydration I wrote of its dangers.

I think harmalas are the most dangerous alkaloid. I would not mix it even with mushrooms, even though some people do it, but it was never said how much of what.

If one has high tolerance of harmalas, vs those who have low, even in pharma,nth owe two groups experience different journeys.

I woul be very conservative of Tanya combination of harmalas including cannabis.

After all what would be the reason to do it? With Iboga , since I had little amount, I thought I would get to sub flood level, but I didn't at all.

And with mushrooms, I never seen the numbers, so again what would be the reason to do it? If you aim to heroic level,mwould you risk taking harmalas? I wouldn't.

Best Danko

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jagube
#2 Posted : 1/9/2018 8:29:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The combination of Iboga and MAOIs (including RIMAs, such as harmine and harmaline) is well known to be dangerous. People have had serotonin syndrome by doing a flood dose of Iboga and drinking Ayahuasca several weeks later. After an Iboga flood, it's advised to abstain from Ayahuasca for 3 months, due to the lingering noribogaine (a metabolite of ibogaine) in the fat cells.

Harmala alkaloids are not dangerous at the right dosage and when drug interaction warnings are heeded.

The combination of harmala alkaloids and psilocybin mushrooms is considered physically safe.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 1/9/2018 10:04:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your issue wasn't the harmala alkaloids, it is combining them with iboga that produced these unpleasant effects and put yourself at risk. A few intrepid psychonauts have combined MICRO doses of harmala alkaloids with MICRO doses of iboga to pleasant and interesting effect, but you here took a solid dose of both, so it comes as no surprise to me that it was unpleasant.

This was a foolish and reckless thing to do and you put yourself at unnecessary risk...I'm not sure what your intention was here. But in the future please do your research and make sure you are informed about what you are consuming, especially when mixing anything with iboga...a few minutes of research on google would have easily averted this.

Harmala alkaloids in combination with mushrooms (at the appropriate dosage of both) can be a wonderful experience and is not physically dangerous.

Don't scapegoat the harmala alkaloids, the issue does not lie with them but with your usage of them, in your previous report you used very high dosages and in this report you combined a good dose of them with a good dose of iboga...and both times you were surprised to experience unpleasant effects. This puzzles me. Wut?

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 1/9/2018 10:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. This is the reason the Nexus stresses the importance of education. I am consistently surprised when people are misinformed or uneducated about basic things. There are VERY well known drug interactions. I've never taken iboga and probably never will. Even I know that iboga has killed people without other drugs mixed in. I am very well aware that harmalas are dangerous to mix with iboga and I have no plans to ever take iboga.

Recklessness will help keep important and sacred substances illegal. Not to mention that you could get very ill or die from this kind of behavior.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Danko
#5 Posted : 1/10/2018 5:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

As a matter of fact I did a research not on Google, but right here in section on plants interaction. It said that it was ok.

I wanted to increase the Iboga effect by using harmalas. For me harmalas were at low dosage for me. And root bark as well.

But the outcome was not good.

Also it is not clear info regarding mushrooms and harmalas. In shroomery they have a calculator. But UI doesn't say how much of harmala to take.

I just did cayaenses, and the trip was Level 5, as high as when I take massive dose of harmalas when on pharma, I know this because my jaw was jittery.

Not many people work with high doses with anything, so it is hard to know how to do it exactly. I just did a research on Google and find nothing.

Even on eboka forum at the time I left it, long time ago, they switched to subflood use.
Pharma, few use, as you can see hoe slow the section is moving. I am an old member and my posts are still on the second page.

I think we over look this fact.. Sorry to say but heroic doses still belong to heroes, and it's very few of us specially those who work regularly whit high doses.

Smiking dmt is easy, not to use the stronger word comparing to level 5 pharma, and there is not a lots of information or reports, I dare to say ..... any.

Even now, I should be going to do peyote. My aim is to don12 buttons as was traditionally done. Nobody does this, they take only 3 maximum. So if things go difficult, traditionally the person is tied to a tree until the end of the trip, since with Mescalin the muscle motorists function is not affected, and one can get lost and hurt into the desert. I wonder, if I would have this care if it happens to me.

This is also the situation with Aya ceremonies, they are always on the low level. Sensitive people get something, others nothing.

To me, I have no problem with recreational use, but all below level 4 is entertainment/recreation.

I obviously went off on tangent, maybe this could be a new difficult post, as the one I made long time ago. It got not understood, Here

Best
Danko

P.S.

And please let's not flame the thread, I can make a new one if needed

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 1/10/2018 8:12:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For Psilohuasca, i always take my usual dose of Rue/Harmalas like i do for Aya/oral DMT activation, so about 185mgs to 200mgs of freebased Rue or Harmala extract, or 3 to 4 grams of Rue seed. Imo, you want pretty much full on MAO-A inhibition to get the most potentiation out of the mushrooms, and take the mushrooms when gut MAO-A is inhibited (so separating the Harmalas and mushrooms like 30 minutes apart, like i do with DMT). I haven't worked much with Psilohuasca, but i do have some experience with it and it's pretty cool stuff, i'd recommend it.

Danko
#7 Posted : 1/10/2018 8:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks,

But how much of shrooms are you taking, what kind and in what form?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/10/2018 9:31:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Danko wrote:
Thanks,

Search for "Psilohuasca". There are surely pre-existing threads on this matter.

As a guideline, people often speak of needing only half their usual amount, and the experience tends to be qualitatively different.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 1/10/2018 10:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And please let's not flame the thread, I can make a new one if needed

No, another thread really isn't necessary. No one is "flaming" this thread but you behaved foolishly and recklessly, and I'm afraid you reap what you sow.

Quote:
As a matter of fact I did a research not on Google, but right here in section on plants interaction. It said that it was ok.

Rubbish. Where on the Nexus did you read that a good dose of harmala alkaloids was safe in combination with a good dose of iboga? Confused

Quote:
For me harmalas were at low dosage for me. And root bark as well.

This isn't really relevant. Even if individual sensitivities vary, this is still objectively a good dose of both substances. Neither of these would be considered a MICRO dose...not by a long stretch.

Quote:
Sorry to say but heroic doses still belong to heroes, and it's very few of us specially those who work regularly whit high doses.

Are you claiming to be a hero? Your approach does not strike me as heroic, in any sense.

Quote:

You seem to have this strange habit of taking excessive doses of things, having a really horrible time, complaining about it on here, and then carrying on without learning anything from your experiences.

Instead of jumping straight into the deep end, if you are curious about the combination of harmalas with mushrooms, why not start off with smaller doses of both and work up until you find the dosage sweet spot where you want to be?

Please take more care in the future.

jamie
#10 Posted : 1/11/2018 2:23:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Hello Danko Smile

I have not yet finished reading the whole thread yet, but I want to highlight one point on my mind in relation to how iboga dosing is discussed.

First of all, and I get that myself and others may be the minority(doesnt seem like it though), I do not really agree with language surrounding what seems to be perceived as a visionary dose. 4 grams of rootbark had me out with visions for a day. I was unable to walk right, with tracers heavier than anything I have seen with harmalas. Open eyes I was seeing and conversing with people in the room(I was alone) , for hours. I was well aware of the dreamlike state but the ataxia was too much for me to do anything but lay there for a good 24 hours. I was taken on a tour of my life by a man with a rhino head.

Some have told me thats a low microdose. It was stronger than 200+ g of cappi.

Even 15g people talk about being a low dose. I dont get that at all. I understand the bwiti do massive doses that kill some people, and I am not bwiti.

Terrence Mckenna's dose was 4g of rootbark, and I think he got that from Naranjos work. Mckenna stated 4g was always enough for him.

I never repeated the 4g. It was so intense and profound I dosed once more with 2g and microdosed through a gram(mixed with LSD once) and was done with it. That was a year ago and Im getting ready for another 4g dose in a few weeks. I had to plan this when I had a few weeks off work. I just cannot fathom that yall are eating that much root..and with harmalas!

I know nothin about iboga, the stuff slapped me to hell and back and changed my life. Something is in that root.

How is life after those high doses? The noribogain effected me for months from just 4 grams. I don't know anything about combining it with harmalas.

I dont think all people metabolize ibogaine the same way, and enzyme pathways effect sensitivity. I feel doses over 5g are dangerous to promote for at home use. When I ate iboga I had just been diagnosed with an auto immune disease and trying to get off the need for prednisone. I beleive if I had eaten 20-30 grams of iboga I very well could be dead right now, because of how sick I was at that moment. I still know my system could never take those doses and would not attempt it. It was of huge benefit, even helping my neuropathy, but the innitial run was rough.

Im not against the high dosing, just the aspect of the internet that can be like babies and candy.

Iboga, in my experience, requires serious care and respect.

Be well

Long live the unwoke.

Danko
#11 Posted : 1/11/2018 4:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma,

Here

And posted by House, for harmala+Iboga.

Also I remember your post when you took for full flood something like 22-24mg x kg of ibogaine, can't find the post, but I am sure it was more then 15g. You basically took double of max dose for flood.

I am no considering myself as hero by no means, I just find myself as few who do high doses and work throug them. Who does that really? low doses are entertainment imo.

Majority work with low doses, so very few people I can relate to, this would be my sense of isolation. Do you think I am wrong?

Who takes high doses of mushrooms, peyote, pharma, morning glory full flood, even LSD is in low doses comparing what was in the '70's.(just for example, I don't fancy LSD nor work with it)

So I deduce I am hero because of quantitive low amount of people who do them, on this forum and among real people I interact. Vaping is easy so i don't consider it as much of importance.

I would consider you as hero based on flood you did.

Best
Danko

jamie
#12 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Stop

babies and candy..

You did not take low doses. You must research beyond what three people you do not know said on the internet.

Coming back here to find fault elsewhere is silly.

Just please be responsible and safe.
Long live the unwoke.

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:26:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

15 grams of rootbark is not by any standard a "very low dose".

Maybe you mean 1.5 grams?
It's either that, or you're just trolling, because there's not a single person in the world who would call 15 grams a "very low dose". Even the bwiti would not call it that.

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:36:21 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Danko wrote:

Can you link to the specific place on this site that stated harmalas and iboga are a safe combination?

It's important we correct that information to prevent others from having similarly difficult/dangerous experiences.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Danko
#15 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:50:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did and link is in my link is after Jamie's post. It's in the sections on wiki of interaction of plans, the entry was by house.

dmusicaltrancistor
#16 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dude that post says;

"While myself and others have found a low dose of harmala to be a nice synergy with Iboga, others have found the combination too intense. Start low and work your way up."

you did not start low by what you have posted 150mg of harmalas is past full maoi for me and a lot of people
15g of iboga is also not low that is huge

maybe something more like 20mg of harmalas and .5 of iboga would be a more appropriate starting place
and keep in mind "others have found the combination too intense" clearly hinting at the severity of this combo

Be safe try lowering your dosage for everything you are taking, from reading your posts i am concerned you dont realize how dangerous your actions have been and hope that you stay safe in the future

-dm
Cubensis Mushroom Colonization Temps 75-80 F Cubensis Mushroom Fruiting Temps 68-74 F
https://ocw.mit.edu/reso...ues-manual-spring-2007/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=36239
cyb wrote:
Xtals are just goo with fancy designer clothes on...
Big grin

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 1/11/2018 6:03:41 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Danko wrote:
I did and link is in my link is after Jamie's post. It's in the sections on wiki of interaction of plans, the entry was by house.

Thanks!

It looks like both House's and rOm's posts stress using low doses and going slowly, warning of possible dangerous interactions. Nowhere is it stated this combination is safe.

As everyone else has pointed out, your penchant for "heroic" dosing of these understudied combinations is what got you into trouble, no one to point the finger at but yourself on this one.

I will add another post clearly outlining the contrindication to prevent future misinterpretation however. So thanks for the heads up (and for playing to guinea pig to verify what the other members suspected).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Danko
#18 Posted : 1/11/2018 7:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yak you dreamer042,

I was working on my low doses, otherwise I would take much more since I am very resistant to harmalas.... And there are other reasons, such as microdosing.

@ Jamie

Why being cynical? I respect you a lot, and you are in my cathegories of "heroes", I relate how you are using plants. But calling me baby and candy??? Why, when you did Iboga and LSD, using a plant you don't know with LSD, did you research it? And why would you do it anyways, how would you know what is coming from what? Baby and candy?

@ Bancopuma

I've known you for years on eboka and here. Your take of massive flood impressed me, but I wouldn't put it in the category of recommended dose, you didn't have a sitter as I remember from the old post.... You are a hero, who else would do that?

Also I found this article, is way to scientific for me, but some members may interpret it for us.

Best
Jox

jamie
#19 Posted : 1/11/2018 7:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry that came out wrong Danko..it was meant more as a general rule than towards you personally. I think a lot of new young underrage kids do read these forums and go try all of these things at home, and it's something easily forgot..as well as desperate unbalanced individuals etc..

With Iboga I feel this is especially important and there is a good reason I feel for the shift somewhat over from "flood" doses to lower doses.

Im not opposed to the flood or high doses, but I do feel these things are generally hidden for a reason.

appologies danko

My dose on that occasion was 2g of rootbark, followed by 50 micrograms of LSD roughly 12 hours later.
Long live the unwoke.

Danko
#20 Posted : 1/11/2018 8:20:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HI Jamie,

Thank you. I got you, and even us as experienced make boo boo's and that's why I rejoined the forum so others would not repeat them. More important thread I made is about dehydration, I may change the subject, I am not always very clear in writing or titling the posts.

However, my coming back to the forum in spirit only to communicate my dangerous mistakes, took me back to why I left it.

I made suggestion to define setting for each plant and have it as sticky. No response. Well then I wrote settings for what I know best, pharma, and no response. I spent 3 days out of my life to write something dead.... About setting and sitter I learned elsewhere, if nexus wants to be more than extraction source it has to do more, and I don't frankly see that willingness.

I didn't see your #'s so you said you had strong effect of only 2g?! Gosh, I must have crossed some serious threshold from so much pharma.

However nobody asked me about the actual psychedelic experience. So here it goes:

- it was nothing, I had some visuals, blurred for shot rat time, emotionally was not very healing afterwords, I had no problems walking, in simple words it was not anything like even sub flood of let's say 300mg of ibogaine, what was my aim.

All in all I see no use oh this combo, it doesn't amplifies the Iboga. So if you have little to do a full flood, or even sub harmalas are not going to compensate for it, as I heard can do for mushrooms.

Best
Danko

12NEXT