We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Picking Up A Lamp Options

SentientSimian
#1 Posted : 1/8/2018 4:33:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexians, overjoyed to be a part of the community. My introductory rant may be rather long winded, apologies in advance.

I drank Ayahuasca ceremonially once a month for 3 years, during this period I began the slow steps towards addiction recovery from nastier chemicals. I saw hope again, things turned around and I was rejuvenated.

My brother was part of the community of people who I drank with, he began to have a difficult time with it and was plagued by visions of inevitable suffering and death. I too began to visit this place and it left me terrified with the notion that there was no paddle to navigate daily life.

I decided to say farewell to all plant medicine for some time and focus on my prime awareness, a task which has proven itself to be rather difficult indeed.

The realisation that this frequency of reality that we call daily life is of utmost importance left me in a corner where I could not rely on anything external to light the way other than the well of resources we all hold within.

Having been battling with the rigours of baseline consciousness for a year now, I've decided to revisit plant teachers from a different angle, as something to be approached infrequently and with boundless revere, a mediation between the conscious and the unconscious so that I can carry a greater understanding of my own pitfalls into my daily life as lessons to recalibrate.

There is so much I wish to learn about working with these medicines with my own two hands and hope to take refuge here as a place to speak openly about the territory one navigates in hyperspace.

Thank you for the platform, DMT-NEXUS.

SS

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Kajlian
#2 Posted : 1/8/2018 4:53:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus! Thumbs up
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

Forestwalker
#3 Posted : 1/26/2018 10:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. Did you ever try ceremonies at a different setting ? Different shaman ?

#4 Posted : 1/27/2018 2:28:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Heya SentientSimian Smile

SentientSimian wrote:
I've decided to revisit plant teachers from a different angle, as something to be approached infrequently and with boundless revere, a mediation between the conscious and the unconscious so that I can carry a greater understanding of my own pitfalls into my daily life as lessons to recalibrate.

SentientSimian wrote:
I decided to say farewell to all plant medicine for some time and focus on my prime awareness, a task which has proven itself to be rather difficult indeed.

I agree with your approach here. Over these past 2 years I've really cut back on taking these things, much more infrequently, a handful of times per year or less. Sounds like a good approach you're taking though, easy to take these plants/substances every week, maybe months on end [possibly even years for some] and just become completely caught up in the boundlessness of it all and lose your way in everyday life. And sorry if it appears I'm directing this at you, just wanted to make it clear that I'm not, was just speaking generally. I've seen this happen numerous times. Balance between life and the transcendental realm is important, both states need an equal hand imo.

Reverence every single time I go under, something I feel incredibly strongly every single time. Sensitivity's changed drastically over this last decade; much more careful and thoughtful on how and where I tread now, knowing the immensity, the fierce immeasurability and power of such an experience when it does happen.

And yeah, applying things in your life - revealed through a realm that's by it's nature unenglishable, applying certain messages that can come through, it can be difficult to do.

Glad to have ya

null24
#5 Posted : 1/27/2018 2:35:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Welcome friend. You sound like you are very in touch with yourself and that you treat psychedelics like the tools they are.

Looking forward to hearing more of your story.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 1/27/2018 11:16:25 PM

Pay No Mind

Welcome!!
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate