We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Thoughts on first trip with cubensis Options

Expander
#1 Posted : 1/8/2018 3:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I got my hands on a growkit of cubensis B+ which is sitting in my fridge and waits for me to activate it (hail to my neighboring country Netherlands). Since I got some time until I'll have my first flush available, I use the time wisely to gain information and plan the trip. So far I'm pretty eager with everything except the dosage. There's a lot of good information in the net to get a clue about what to expect with different dosages. I'm planning having a real experience- not a light body high.
Most websites recommend starting with 1g of dried cubensis to test the sensitivity. So far I have zero experience with LSD or Psilocybin, but >30 breakthroughs on DMT.
Here's my thoughts:
I'm aiming for something between level 3-4 for my first trip (I'm not in a hurry, but maybe a bit impatient).
I'm thinking about ingesting 2.5-3.0g on the first try. Of course my wife will tripsit me.
Also, I'm thinking about using the lemon tek to ingest since a fast oncome will most likely not shock me after breaking through on DMT.
What's your thoughts on this? Do you disagree or have some recommendations for me?
There are no mistakes - only consequences

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mister_Niles
#2 Posted : 1/8/2018 3:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally can't stand the mushroom comeup and have used the lemon tek exclusively for years now. I would suggest starting at 2.5 dried grams or 25g wet. It will probably be a good introduction. Not too low a dose. I find low doses to be unbearable, anxiety inducing and dysphoric. Good luck.

If your wife is going to sit for you, consider buying eyeshades, so she can have a light on to read by. Sitting is hard and often boring work. Does she know how? I think the best way is for someone to just be there to reassure you if you become frightened and to encourage you to just lay back down and let the experience happen.

I also suggest observing intention as much as set and setting. I imagine your intention is to find out what mushrooms are all about, or something like that. Set an intention, but release it when you take the dose and make it: Do with me what you will. That's what's gonna happen anyway...
Try talking to it at the peak, if it seems appropriate. It talks back to me.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Loveall
#3 Posted : 1/8/2018 7:01:48 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mister_Niles wrote:
I personally can't stand the mushroom comeup and have used the lemon tek exclusively for years now. I would suggest starting at 2.5 dried grams or 25g wet. It will probably be a good introduction. Not too low a dose. I find low doses to be unbearable, anxiety inducing and dysphoric. Good luck.

If your wife is going to sit for you, consider buying eyeshades, so she can have a light on to read by. Sitting is hard and often boring work. Does she know how? I think the best way is for someone to just be there to reassure you if you become frightened and to encourage you to just lay back down and let the experience happen.

I also suggest observing intention as much as set and setting. I imagine your intention is to find out what mushrooms are all about, or something like that. Set an intention, but release it when you take the dose and make it: Do with me what you will. That's what's gonna happen anyway...
Try talking to it at the peak, if it seems appropriate. It talks back to me.

Lemon tek come up can be intense sometimes I think. My absolute worst trip was after a recent extract with hot Kombucha (sort of like a hot acid water extraction like the lemon tek). Have you observed the same anxiety for lower dose without lemon tek? Thanks.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

sauSage
#4 Posted : 1/8/2018 10:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Expander wrote:
Today I got my hands on a growkit of cubensis B+ which is sitting in my fridge and waits for me to activate it (hail to my neighboring country Netherlands).

no talk of sourcing Big grin Razz j/k

Expander wrote:
So far I'm pretty eager with everything except the dosage. There's a lot of good information in the net to get a clue about what to expect with different dosages. I'm planning having a real experience- not a light body high.
Most websites recommend starting with 1g of dried cubensis to test the sensitivity. So far I have zero experience with LSD or Psilocybin, but >30 breakthroughs on DMT.

since fungus provides a much longer experience than DMT, and you don't know the strength of the source material I'd suggest paying attention to what you've read. Start with 1-2 grams and see where it takes you. Remember, you can always take more, but you can't take less. And unless you have xanax or smth to help bring you down in a hurry you might get in over your head, and that's never fun.

My advice, get to know the strain you have, then go deep.

Expander wrote:
Also, I'm thinking about using the lemon tek to ingest since a fast oncome will most likely not shock me after breaking through on DMT.

lemon tek is awesome, highly recommend its use.

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Expander
#5 Posted : 1/9/2018 12:28:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your input so far. At least I feel like I'm on the right path. Regardless of the dosage I'll definitely go with the lemon tek- seems to be a pretty good way to ingest those shrooms. I'll let you know how it was afterwards.
If I didn't mess up and contaminated my cake, material should be available ~3 weeks.

I guess mentioning the Netherlands doesn't violate the etiquette, right? 😜

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 1/9/2018 9:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]
Lemon tek come up can be intense sometimes I think. My absolute worst trip was after a recent extract with hot Kombucha (sort of like a hot acid water extraction like the lemon tek). Have you observed the same anxiety for lower dose without lemon tek? Thanks. [/quote]

Low dose always makes me anxious. CNS activation without ever going anywhere. I can microdose psilocybin and that's fine, but anything over about 250-500mg makes me feel awful. Like I am a teenager again and I smoked way too much pot, and also took some speed. Yuck. I might just be hypersensitive.

Lemon tek can be very intense. Especially if you do a whole 3.5 grams. 2.5 should be manageable for most people. Should be a full experience, but not too intense. I personally find 2.5-3 grams to be my sweet spot with lemon tek. It comes on suddenly. No ramping up, which is where I get anxious. I need to a 5 gram trip soon. For that one I plan on lemon tek for 3.5 and just chompin theg rest down.

Speaking of intense:
One day I took a bunch of fresh mushrooms and weighed them out on my wife's scale that she uses for Ebay. Ooops. Know your gear. My wife eventually told me it had been acting wonky. I weighed out 35g fresh, blended it it with lemon juice and let it sit for an hour. Then I drank it. Usually a lemon tek hits me in 10-15 minutes. From zero to tripping with no come up. Then I have time to lay down and get ready for the peak and the rest of the trip.
I don't remember exactly what we figured out about the scale later, but I think we figured out that I took nearly twice as much as I thought I was taking...and lemon tek. So, probably the equivalent of 7g dry. Too much for me.

I don't remember much of the experience. I think I blacked out for awhile or the trance was just so deep I couldn't bring anything back.

I do remember taking the dose and feeling it come on strong after five minutes. then I struggled my way upstairs and through peeing and lay down.

You know what it was like? It was like someone gave a bunch of elf children (terrible 2's to devious 9 year old elf children) huge doses of methamphetamine, put them in a box, shook it up and dumped them into my open skull, which had been set up like a mix of pinball machine and playground. Then said to them: Hey guys! Go nuts!
It felt like I was on a multi-hour dmt blastoff. Not a dmt trip. The blastoff part. For maybe 2 hours.

so... definitely calibrate your scale
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 1/10/2018 9:44:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your plan is sound.

Quote:
I personally find 2.5-3 grams to be my sweet spot with lemon tek.

I agree. That is a good amount. Enough to be interesting with normal potency mushrooms.
Since you never know the potency, it would be ill advised to go higher the first time. I had 0.7g mushrooms experiences that rivaled 5g experiences (with weak mushrooms). But if you homogenize your batch, 2.5g lemon tek should be a good introduction for someone who's done DMT before.

Honestly, on 2.5g i sometimes wish i would have taken more. But like i said, better safe than sorry. I also test new batches with 1g doses first. But mostly, the downsides are quite big and you might find yourself in a ...like others said, disphoric state for most of the time, minus the short peak. Like coming up and coming down for most of the trip.

Something about the comeup: Even with lemon tek, it can be anxiety inducing. Important to know that beforehand. Even though i know it, it can be easy to forget while you are coming up...just breathe and wait, it will pass.

There comes a phase where you might fell that NOW is the time to find a place to lie down and close your eyes. It's a tell tale sign, that the real trip is about to begin. You suddenly realize, that everything that happened before was just foreplay.

You will know Smile

Expander
#8 Posted : 1/10/2018 2:33:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Slowly I complete the puzzle...
I'll definately check some info about the comeup to avoid anxietey through unexpected body reactions...

null24
#9 Posted : 1/10/2018 2:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
Expander wrote:
Today I got my hands on a growkit of cubensis B+ which is sitting in my fridge and waits for me to activate it (hail to my neighboring country Netherlands).

no talk of sourcing Big grin Razz j/k

Arguably, that's CULTIVATION talk, in which case super doubleThumbs up ,especially for a first time newb. How many of us grew our first mushroom trip? That gets an extra Thumbs up from moi.Love Let's see some pics and hear about your process. That bag is a funny looking key to your freedom, friend!

Anyway, yes, 2.5 dry cubes should at least get you to the antechamber...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

tseuq
#10 Posted : 1/10/2018 3:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Expander wrote:
So far I have zero experience with LSD or Psilocybin, but >30 breakthroughs on DMT.
I'm aiming for something between level 3-4 for my first trip
I'm thinking about ingesting 2.5-3.0g on the first try.

2.5g seems to be a good "first steps" dose with cubensis, I recommend newbies 2.3g but this has more of a fun ritual charakter, nothing to take too serious. The sub- & breakthrough experiences on DMT may have introduced you to intense hyperspacial-transpersonal experiences and I guess due to that, your first mushroom experience will be different to someone who has absolutely no experience with psychs at all. I also guess, that you will encounter similar realms (not so intense with 2.5g) like DMT. At least this is what I experience, a synergy and enhanced sensibility between and within the substances I have encountered.

To me, the difference between the short-acting 5-MeO-N,N-DMT & N,N-DMT and the long-lasting experiences of (high-dose) mushies or LSD is that the chances to get lost in some crazy thoughtpatterns are more likely because of its extended effect. On the other side, intra- and interpersonal work/experience is more possible and fruitful with this long-lasting agents. So, the drawback seems to be the benefit, just from were we look at it.

I recommend eating the whole portion of mushies at once, chew the hell out of them (some of the content will be taken up by your oral mucosa already) and have a glass of orangejuice (acid for better uptake in the stomache) with it. Get every bit of psilocybin/pilocin out of it, don't throw away any of it!!!!

obliguhl wrote:
You suddenly realize, that everything that happened before was just foreplay.

The whole existence was build up for this particular moment(,now)!

Happy and safe travels, tseuq (mushielove Love )
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Expander
#11 Posted : 1/10/2018 11:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Null24: Thanks! For me growing the shrooms is part of the journey. I anyway have some sort of a DIY mentality. Another reason is, that the spores are not illegal in my country. So a growkit is the safe way to go...

@tseuq: I was thinking about the pros and cons of a trip with longer duration as vaped DMT and came to the same conclusion. I like crazy thought patterns a lot.

tseuq
#12 Posted : 1/11/2018 7:11:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Expander; In my psychedelic childhood, I sometimes got quite confused during the landing phase of strong trips. Trying to understand and derive any (once more) rigid conclusions to identify with and hold onto. Not understanding, that letting go and being now, is the only reliable constant at all.

Pleased

All the best, tseuq

Expander
#13 Posted : 1/22/2018 7:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here comes some eye candy and a question: I harvested the first flush today. Not too bad if you ask me...
Is the discoloration on the second picture just psilocin caused by bruises or is there any concern in ingesting those shrooms?

Sakkadelic
#14 Posted : 1/22/2018 8:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful Love they look like they needed some more FAE to grow better and yes that's just bruising
Good luck on your first trip man
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

#15 Posted : 1/22/2018 9:15:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Nice fruits!

Happy travels, should be wonderful Cool

Expander
#16 Posted : 1/22/2018 9:52:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Beautiful Love they look like they needed some more FAE to grow better and yes that's just bruising
Good luck on your first trip man

Thanks! Yes, it was my first time growing shrooms ever. I vented the grow kit multiple times a day, but most of the time it sat in the plastic bag it came with. I'll check the fruits ratheRsolner than later I think Smile

Sakkadelic
#17 Posted : 1/22/2018 10:18:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it's the accumulation of CO2 that makes them grow long and slim like that, make some holes in the bag for the next flushes Thumbs up
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Loveall
#18 Posted : 1/22/2018 10:50:58 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Good luck expander. If you have any anxiety which I have had on the lower doses remind yourself it is all on your head.

Folks have been eating cubensis for millennia without issues. Do not worry about the blue color or anything like that. Your mushrooms are safe.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Expander
#19 Posted : 1/23/2018 11:42:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome... I love this Forum Wink

tseuq
#20 Posted : 1/23/2018 2:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice fruits & happy snacky! The fruits seem to be harvested at the perfect time, just before the velum opens and the psilocybin content starts to decrease.

Loveall wrote:
Folks have been eating cubensis for millennia without issues.

tseuq

12NEXT