We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about seeking medical advice for possible exposure Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 1/5/2018 2:06:07 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You could have been exposed to xylene in a paint product during a renovation project. If you choose to mention to your doc about it.

Re: muscle twitches - how's your magnesium intake? Green leafy vegetables are gooood.

I think it was Mister_Niles recently (2-3 weeks) posted about post-concussive depression in his ketamine/depression thread. Maybe there is some insight there also.

Sending you healthy wishes!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 1/5/2018 4:36:09 AM

Pay No Mind

Forget magnesium pills. At best you might absorb 25℅ of the mineral, but it's highly doubtful.

Find yourself some ionic magnesium powder to be reacted with water and drink it. Preferably one with a decent dose of potassium and a wide spectrum of trace minerals too. When you prepare it, add a pinch of salt (straight sodium chloride will do; fancier salts like Celtic or Himalayan are good also) to the mix. This will help in more ways than one.

If it's the real deal, you'll be able to feel the non-druglike, muscle & nerve relaxation effects and the vasodilating effects of it within 15 minutes or less.

Also, make sure that you're ingesting fairly high levels of dietary fats (other than trans-fatty acids) daily. Think of this as very important insulation and lubrication for your nervous system.

On top of this, purposely drink several glasses of clean water per day. That's besides any other liquids that you normally ingest.

Don't eschew salt. It is as essential for proper nerve/neuron firing as fats and water are.

Best of luck.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 1/5/2018 9:04:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your problems could well be unrelated. I don't find these spasms to be so out of the ordinary. But still not a bad idea to see a doctor. What i do not understand is: Why would he need WHY you were exposed to xylene? You were. Rest is non of his business. If he does not believe your story....who cares. I'd ignore him if he said something like "I don't believe your exposure was due to painting...why were you really exposed?!".

He is getting paid to treat you, not to be nosy.

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 1/6/2018 3:27:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, he doesn't need to know more than he needs to... and honestly probably won't ask much and if he does and is being nosey, then why feel bad about lieing?

You could always go to another office too...

All the best

JuremaSpaceship
#5 Posted : 1/6/2018 4:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
Forget magnesium pills. At best you might absorb 25℅ of the mineral, but it's highly doubtful.

Find yourself some ionic magnesium powder to be reacted with water and drink it. Preferably one with a decent dose of potassium and a wide spectrum of trace minerals too. When you prepare it, add a pinch of salt (straight sodium chloride will do; fancier salts like Celtic or Himalayan are good also) to the mix. This will help in more ways than one.

If it's the real deal, you'll be able to feel the non-druglike, muscle & nerve relaxation effects and the vasodilating effects of it within 15 minutes or less.

Also, make sure that you're ingesting fairly high levels of dietary fats (other than trans-fatty acids) daily. Think of this as very important insulation and lubrication for your nervous system.

On top of this, purposely drink several glasses of clean water per day. That's besides any other liquids that you normally ingest.

Don't eschew salt. It is as essential for proper nerve/neuron firing as fats and water are.

Best of luck.

There are a bunch of different kinds of magnesium supplements (pills) some better than others. I take "doctors best" chelated magnesium daily, and those are supposed to be high absorbtion.
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 1/6/2018 7:32:19 PM

Pay No Mind

JuremaSpaceship wrote:
There are a bunch of different kinds of magnesium supplements (pills) some better than others. I take "doctors best" chelated magnesium daily, and those are supposed to be high absorbtion.

I am very aware of just how many "kinds" of magnesium supplements there are in this world. More than most people would ever want to bother doing research on & testing out on themselves like I have.

I am simply stating my professional opinion, take it or leave it, (and not to seem rude, but) I do not really care.

Magnesium pills, of any kind, are crap, relatively speaking of course, compared to ionically charged magnesium.

Chelated mineral pills are "supposed" to be high absorption, but they are not, with the exception perhaps of ruminants who have 4-chambered stomachs. I base my professional opinion upon many decades of study, research, experience, experiments and professional practice with dietary supplements of all kinds.

Again, this is only my professional opinion and I am kindly offering solutions to the situation to anyone who would appreciate it. Do with it what you will.
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/6/2018 10:08:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Can you clarify what you mean by ionic magnesium powder? I mean, magnesium sulfate is essentially an ionic magnesium powder but I don't think you mean that.

The ease of absorption of chelated magnesium depends very much on what the chelating ligand(s) might be.

Would magnesium citrate fit the bill?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 1/6/2018 11:06:43 PM

Pay No Mind

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Can you clarify what you mean by ionic magnesium powder? I mean, magnesium sulfate is essentially an ionic magnesium powder but I don't think you mean that.

The ease of absorption of chelated magnesium depends very much on what the chelating ligand(s) might be.

Would magnesium citrate fit the bill?

There are a small handful of ionic magnesiums on the market these days.

There are some even in already in ready-to-ingest-out-of-the-bottle liquid form.

Through trial and error I have come to the conclusion that powders that you mix with water tend to work the very best.

These are magnesium supplements that usually contain a basic magnesium salt, usually magnesium carbonate, and include in the powder various acids like citric acid, malic acid, aspartic acid, etc.

When mixed with water, the magnesium salt then reacts with the acids in the mix to create an ionic electrical charge. You can witness this reaction by the fizzing it creates. The more fizzing, the better the reaction and generally the better the results.

The benefits I have experienced and have witnessed in others with this type of magnesium supplement are that you can feel the magnesium's affect physiologically within a relatively short period of time (i.e., 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes). The relaxing and softening of muscle tissue (muscle cramps & spasms disappearing), the relaxation of the nervous system (a non-drug-like calming, anti-anxiety effect) and vasodilating effect (my colleagues and I used to measure this with a blood pressure cuff at one of the acupuncture clinics I used to manage).

Neither I, nor anyone else I have worked with, nor any client that I have ever had the privilege to help, has ever felt this pronounced an affect with magnesium pills.

I am not stating that other forms of magnesium are totally useless, I am simply stating that through several decades of observations, I have come to the conclusion that ionic magnesium supplements tend to give you the best results for your money when compared to other forms.
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 1/9/2018 12:14:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2headsARE1 wrote:
spractral wrote:
I agree, he doesn't need to know more than he needs to... and honestly probably won't ask much and if he does and is being nosey, then why feel bad about lieing?

You could always go to another office too...

All the best

You know, you guys are all correct. I shouldn't feel the need to explain more than I need to. I guess something inside of me fears that I will be put on the spot. Thanks for all of the tips on the magnesium. I didn't know it was so complex! I'll definitely research this more, and give it a shot before I go to the doctor.

What you have done was taking back a birthright that was stolen from you by a bunch of biggots that do not care about your wellbeing at all. Don't forget that while facing your doctor! I think i speak for many if i say "We do". So get well soon and keep us updated Smile

Mister_Niles
#10 Posted : 1/9/2018 12:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You could have been exposed to xylene in a paint product during a renovation project. If you choose to mention to your doc about it.

Re: muscle twitches - how's your magnesium intake? Green leafy vegetables are gooood.

I think it was Mister_Niles recently (2-3 weeks) posted about post-concussive depression in his ketamine/depression thread. Maybe there is some insight there also.

Sending you healthy wishes!

Yes. I have post concussion syndrome. If your wife's symptoms continue, or seem to get better and then return, then get better and then return and keep getting worse, she may have it also. It may be more common tan we know. When my child was10, they had a sledding accident. Smashed into a metal bench, face first. Lost a bunch of teeth and was severely traumatized. Even at Children's Hospital in DC they didn't talk about concussion. I can now look back and see that my child had PCS, for at least a year.
A warning about PCS groups, on FB and in forums: They seem to rev each other up until everything, including skin rashes and hang nails are related. A better approach is to have it confirmed by a neurologist. In most people, it resolves quickly. In others it doesn't. Best of luck to your wife.

As far as your symptoms, I sincerely doubt they are from exposure to the solvents. We'd have hospitals full of house painters. They are probably totally unrelated. Dietary or something else.
But tell your doctor if you are really concerned. I tell my doctors about my psychedelic use. If I get a bad reaction, I encourage them to examine which medicines they would have no problem prescribing me and their safety profiles vs psychedelics. I encourage them to educate themselves. My neurologist was very happy to hear about me healing long term headache with mushrooms. She was very intrigued and started doing research. You never know.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

permatrip
#11 Posted : 1/9/2018 11:44:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Chemical poisoning -- Xylene includes the 19 symptoms listed below:

CNS depression
Cough
Dizziness
Dementia
Fatigue
Headache
Nausea
Nystagmus
Eye irritation
Eye redness
Eye pain
Burning sensation
Abdominal pain
Skin irritation
Skin redness
Skin pain
Drowsiness
Burning throat sensation
Fainting
http://www.rightdiagnosi...ymptoms.htm#symptom_list

If not dietary maybe placebo effect, from worrying that you were exposed.

When you won't tell the truth and you can't lie then you have limited your self
put your hands in my hand and together we will take on all the world

Godsmacker
#12 Posted : 1/10/2018 12:13:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest PMing Corpus Callosum about your concerns. His/her profile states that he/she is a Medical Doctor, whereas the gross majority of Nexians are not.

If you live in the USA, I would also suggest calling your local poison control center about this issue, as well. Accidental poisoning from such solvents is a common phenomenon; AFAIK the consultation call is free, and may be of value to you and your S/O.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka