We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Settings for Anlerr Mr Bald T ceramic cup vaporiser Options

tseuq
#61 Posted : 6/13/2018 8:27:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, a yellow oily layer in the round corner of the cup. Also I did take a second hit, I guess each time, but felt that almost all of the spice was already successfully vaped. Maybe I was wrong. I will take better care of this topic next time. The spice I used was pretty "old" (3years, stored dark, in a glass jar at room temp).

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

some one
#62 Posted : 6/14/2018 11:37:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What we have:

- Mr Bald T (reports of harsh burned vapor for DMT, but good for other substances)
- Divine Crossing v3 (some good, some bad reports with DMT)
- Quartz Quest (some good, some bad reports with DMT)
- Yocan Evolve Plus (only a single good report from one user)

What we miss are good experience reports per device from multiple accounts, without harsh taste, burned throat, etc. Its seems like for each positive account, there is also a negative one. Aum_Shanti is doing an excellent job investigating and reporting. Thanks for the good work! Unfortunately he can't test DMT for us at the moment.

We need several people reporting good progress per specific device + modbox + settings. Too bad it's a lot of hit and miss so far. Might be due to conduction (heat by contact) to which DMT is sensitive. Also, plant oils and other alkaloids (extracted with DMT), which don't vape at the same temp /as good as DMT, might contribute to burned harsh smoke. Especially the remaining residue from previous hits. Another issue is airflow restriction - sucking air through a straw effect. Not a nice feeling as it takes too much effort to inhale. I prefer a Changa bong, GVG or e-sig with big airflow.

Not being a party pooper. Instead I'm hoping we can get our heads together to create an nice, easy, fail proof, simple electronic vaping experience. I think we are close. So keep up the good work!

What we need:

- easy to use /fool proof
- consistent good results
- no harsh /burning vapor
- no more than 3 inhalations (preferably 2 max, best all in 1 go)
- sufficient airflow
some = one | here = some | there = one

SpiceyMeatball
#63 Posted : 6/14/2018 8:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've kept a decent log on paper but could see room for improvement on how i shared that here..... so here's notes that aren't muddled by the experiences themselves.

All testing done with Hcigar VT75D (dual 18650 mod) with MHRB extracted spice [A/B Tek, no Re-X]
1st session was alot of light but other than that Every session after was alone, with a black light, as dark as possible
First few was listening Hyperdrive music, now Shpongle

Molecule was loaded before any heat up every time. Premelts were needed with DCv3
A recommendation would be premelt it. and then tip it upside over your stash so any thing that fell off the donut will come out. My last attempt with the DCv3 i inhaled some spice.

5/11 11:50am-?? Unknown amount - opened eyes, everything was connected to vertical strands
DCv3 40-50mg?? / 330F & 340F @ 40.5 - 2 loads / 2 rips
** edit ** most of this probably fell below the donut judging on what residue i later cleaned out and comparing to current experiences.

[acquired mg scale]

5/21 12:33AM-12:42AM - Yellow Chunk - Vibrant, folding geometry
DCv3 12mg / 400F @ 40.5W - 2 rips

5/22 9:27AM-9:42AM - White X + residue from previous - black looked endless (interrupted with needing to go #2 lol)
DCv3 15mg+ / 360F @ 40.5W - 1 rip

5/22 9:42AM- ?? - finished prev load - easy going
DCv3 0mg+ / 370F @ 40.5W - 1 rip

5/22 10:16am- Used only residue that pooled below donut (collected residue back onto top of donut, didn't inhale based on flavor i got, yuck)
DCv3 0mg+ / 370F @ 40.5W - 1 rip

** Cleaned DCv3 for 1st time **

5/30 9:22am-9:40am - unsure of spice blend - closed eyes, lost track of time and felt like it was ages
DCv3 21mg / 370F @ 40.5W - 2 rip

5/31 9:07am-?? - unsure of spice blend - beautiful strands
DCv3 20mg / 370F @ 40.5W - 2 rip

6/5 10:58pm-?? - unsure of spice blend - draw in dark session / test out QQ - very mellow + relaxing
QQv2 11mg / 400F @ 40.5W - 2 rips

** Cleaned QQ **

6/10 12:48am-?? - Yellow Chunk + White X - intense, fast, very colorful, spinning geometry
QQv2 25mg / 400F @ 40.5W - 1 rip

6/11 7:29am - Yellow Chunk + White X + residue from previous - First time coughing from spice, tasted very gross. cleaned the QQ. tried again with the same blend and it was the least amount of visuals so far. Possibly too early?? went back to bed.
QQv2 20mg+ / 400F @ 40.5W - 1 rip

** Cleaned QQ ** Laughing

I'm pretty sure 320F + DCv3 is not enough, 330F was a substantially bigger amount of vappe. I forgot to even put in my own notes that my very first hit on 5/11 was 320. Didn't seem like it worked so the 330F rip was the 1st successful hit for me personally.
Using any previous residue seems to be hit or miss, but can ruin a load. Clean seems to be the way to avoid ugly hits.
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

tseuq
#64 Posted : 6/15/2018 1:18:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As a total newbie to these electronic devices, mods and atomizer, I found out while playing around with it (without spice), that I most probably didn't handle this awesome tool properly in my last attempts. I won't go into much detail of all I did different but will focus on how I did it tonight in my best shot. I did 3 test runs and the best one was:

~23mg spice - 320°F - 43.5watt - TCNi Mode

Procedure: I loaded the cool cup with the spice, put on the glass top and launched and hold the fire button to heat up, after around 6 seconds I started slowly inhaling, meanwhile I briefly released and repressed and kept holding the fire button and repeated this while inhaling to keep temp around 320°F, I took 2 long and smooth hits - no burning sensation!

Effect: It hit me pretty good 4.5/5. I was sitting on the floor, still fully aware of being in my room and I could distinguish this consensus reality and at the same time reality already melted together and I felt pretty much immersed in the ongoing carneval. During the trip, while it was all endlessly popping in and out and here and there and anyhow, I thought:"This is great, my girlfriend can do this (because of the smooth vape)!". I also felt the space and potential for bigger doses.

In my last attempt I raised the temp to 340°F, to see if even better results could be achieved, but I unfortunately just burnt the spice - disgusting and painful. NO NO NO NO.. then I stopped the tests for tonight.

For my next trials I will stick around 20mg, as it seems from its intensitiy to be a good testing dose, and I want to reduce the temp even to 310°F, like SUBZERO promoted in his first post. After comparing the effects with them from 320°F, I will check for the watts, if raising them brings even more power to the hits. I guess when vaping f.e. 50mg more watts are of advantage.

On the attached picture you can see the plastic tube I plugged into the glass top. I used it in all trials tonight.

I feel that I am pretty close, maybe the 310°F 50watts setup from SUBZERO is already gold, haha.. I will probably and hopefully find out in my next attempts.

All the best, tseuq
tseuq attached the following image(s):
mouth.jpg (181kb) downloaded 259 time(s).

SpiceyMeatball
#65 Posted : 6/15/2018 2:13:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I wonder if maybe I started getting used to a flavor from having it up so high, and didn't know any different. I plan to raise the wattage and lower the temp to experiment with taste. And mess with my TCR stuff that doesn't have nickel.

The maker Matt / Divine Crossing recently told me he uses it at 400F and posted this on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r...o_know_the_quartz_quest/
Quote:
divinetribe1 19 days ago
I keep it hotter than it has to be so it ensures complete vaporization. Any setting over 400° f will do it.

Other commenters on a mj wax subreddit posted they are using anywhere from 35w to 50w and up to 520F

The TCR value seems to vary quite a bit based on the mod so every user would need to find the sweet spot. I may compile a list and share that here since it sounds like most of us aren't too ecig savy (this is my 2nd mod)
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

tseuq
#66 Posted : 6/15/2018 11:14:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All I can say to these higher tmeps is that these burning sensations make my heart bleed. I do not want to inhale this. This is torture to myself and to me, not worth any flash. Beside of that, the effects of the spice get diminished when burnt vs. vaped.

I rather put more spice in the cup and maybe lose some of it as residue than doing this burning thing intentionally to myself.

tseuq

zikzak
#67 Posted : 6/15/2018 11:42:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice posts guys. @some one:In regards to the Yocan Evolve Plus. There are MANY good reports out there regarding this pen. For example on the facebook group "DMT a hidden history" or on reddit. If one is looking for something to only vaporize DMT I would guess it's a very good bet. It's cheap, no messing around with temperature settings. Reports say the vapor is not harsh but adding a plastic/alu/glass tube would make it even better I guess. Well I will report back when I get it (shipping takes a while) for DMT - hopefully also with 5-MeO-DMT - but I usually don't dare to smoke that Very happy

tseuq
#68 Posted : 6/15/2018 12:55:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Offtopic
zikzak wrote:
.. hopefully also with 5-MeO-DMT

Haha.. I thought about 5-MeO yesterday night. When I find a perfect setup for the QQ2 and N,N-DMT, the test trials will start again with 5-MeO. Other than in the months before, where I could not "imagine" doing 5-MeO, I now feel the call to come back. When I told my partner some days ago, she replied:"Ha .. you already forgot the power of the experience and are looking for it again." but all I could reply was:"Nah.. I definitely still feel its immense impact resonating in me (for ever), regardless I am coming back.".

I am already pretty excited. Big grin

Love, tseuq

SpiceyMeatball
#69 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I went looking into my mod's software and noticed I had a function called Preheat. Mine was alot lower than my desired temp and the wattage was too. Basically it was heating up much slower than it should be.

next try will be
Preheat 340F 49W / TempControl 330F 42W

I think for a while I also had it stuck in my head that it needed to be 3 hits rather than consuming all in 1 go..... back to the notepad....

@tseuq
Do you have a link on that subzero post with his settings. You're right and maybe he's already got it where it should be

Aum_Shanti
#70 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:16:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, DMT is IMHO quite tricky compared to most other substances. IMHO a slow heating is a problem with DMT, as some evaporation starts very early, but you need quite some temp for a good vapor production. Therefore I could well think heat and dump could be way better. The question is just: How to make DMT chunky? Anyone an idea?

@SpiceyMeatball: Can it be, that my vote for you just tipped you into a member?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

zikzak
#71 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes let's rephrase that outdated saying (take the third hit..) - it's only for changa or people with bad gear/technique Pleased

zikzak
#72 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you pre-melt DMT on say a glass plate, scrape it and get it chunky that way?

SpiceyMeatball
#73 Posted : 6/15/2018 6:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Aum_Shanti
It very well could have, I had no idea what was comin Smile that's very nice of you and anyone that felt I had some value to bring here. Appreciate it Nexians. Big grin

My chunky yellow is probably from when I was scraping the bottom of my beaker and it was getting oily and non at the same time.

@zikzak i would think if you premelt and then add clean stuff it might emulate what happened as i scraped. good idea

SpiceyMeatball
#74 Posted : 6/15/2018 9:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th blue one is "Chunky Yellow" Thumbs up
SpiceyMeatball attached the following image(s):
CameraZOOM-20180615153458952.jpg (2,112kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

tseuq
#75 Posted : 6/15/2018 10:35:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpiceyMeatball wrote:
Do you have a link on that subzero post with his settings.

It is on the first page.

Ok.. 2 more test runs, each around 23mg and with the same procedure as yesterday:

i) 310°F - 43.5watt - TCNi Mode - 2 Hits, burning sensation and kept on inhaling, the trip itself was really nice but not as intense as 320°F. Maybe I was still "on" yesterday when going for the good shot and the 310°F are pretty similar. This could be possible.

ii) 300°F - 43.5watt - TCNi Mode - I didn't finish the full hit because of more burning sensations, still good tripping while hanging out joyfully in a moment of frustration... haha

I stopped for now, my fleshy lungs need a break. If I had pain conductive nerves in my lungs, I would (have) scream(ed).

Hm..

Brrrrp, tseuq

SUBZERO
#76 Posted : 6/15/2018 11:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@tseuq

320° hits harder but more likely to burn. Either way you got the right idea to pulse it. Thumbs up

Here's a few tips and tricks:

•long, slow pulses on the button.
•Inhale SLOW. Slow = more concentrated vapor.
•If you burn it you have to clean the cup or all further hits will taste burnt.
•Take it apart to clean but be very careful with the coils. I snapped the wire off one like it was nothing.
•you can torch the cup to clean it, or use solvents.

Happy Questing!

Aum_Shanti
#77 Posted : 6/16/2018 8:16:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As I was astonished about the high temps I needed for the QQ, compared to what I used on the MBT, I measured the temps on the QQ. And with the recommended setting for my mod (TCR 300) the temps were correct.

I know, I never temp calibrated my MBT (just used it in TCNi), but I assumed they seemed roughly about right, but boy was I wrong. When I now for the first time measured the temps, I realized they were actually much higher. E.g. when I set 190C in TCNi, it actually gets to around 270-280C. So I probably use about 300C for 5-MeO-DMT.

With that in mind, the heat up times of the MBT are actually not extremely slower. I will make a test today for comparison, but first my MBT has too cool down again, to make starting temps even.

I could guess because the thermal mass on the MBT cup is smaller (1g) compared to the QQ (2.8g) plays a role here. You also experience that the QQ holds its temp much longer. E.g. if you did heat up the QQ, you can even take more than one rip without heating it anymore, whereas the MBT quickly loses the temp. I don't know what I like more, as both have advantages and disadvantages.

But what I did realize is, that the design of the QQ is really messy. Stuff condenses on the bottom (not of the inside cup, but where coils etc. are), and leaves a terrible mess, which you cannot clean unless you take everything apart, which is quite tedious (if not an utter nightmare) and unnecessarily puts strain on the coil wires. IMHO Matt really has to overthink this design, and add a glass tube which fits right over the cup, to get rid of this problem.
The cleaning of the MBT is super easy in comparison.

BTW: Suddenly my QQ didn't work in TC mode anymore, but the mod always switched to wattage mode. I read up on reddit, and it seems it is a known problem for the QQ. I just had to loose and tighten again the middle screw, where the power connection is to the mod and it worked again. Just mentioned it, if anyone else experiences this problem.
Also the screws to tighten the coil wires were so strongly tightened (from the factory), that they cut off the coil wires. I already had the same problem with my DT V3. Matt should really have an eye on this, as this just should not happen. So basically I had to replace the coils...

BTW2: I'm wondering if I should test wise make an all metal cup for the QQ, with the same dimensions as the Quartz cup. I think one problem of burning substance is, that temps are uneven in the cup due to bad heat conduction.

BTW3: Lol, I think I just tipped SUBZERO over to a member... Isn't that funny. What a coincidence.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

zikzak
#78 Posted : 6/16/2018 8:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could be interesting with a metal cup.. I wonder why the Siaonara with metal cup (and the hydrotube) haven't got more attention. It could likely be a very nice setup.

Aum_Shanti
#79 Posted : 6/16/2018 9:20:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Siaonara with metal cup

Do you have any link to this specific setup? All the stuff I found online, does not seem to match this description.

zikzak
#80 Posted : 6/16/2018 9:35:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
Siaonara with metal cup

Do you have any link to this specific setup? All the stuff I found online, does not seem to match this description.

Saionara with titanium bucket:
https://humboldtvapetech...i-bucket-coil-installed/

Hydro tube:
https://humboldtvapetech...racle-s-dt-v3-atomizers/

«PREV23456NEXT»