We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"After a While" New Album from TGO Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 12/29/2017 12:13:25 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello Nexus Family!

It has been quite some time since I've put out any sort of new music (link to older thread with other music). I was hit with some inspiration at the beginning of November and went to work with the idea that I would put together 10 songs and share them with all of you!

Well, I completed that venture a couple of days ago and have uploaded my brand new album to soundcloud just now. Here is the link:

Soundcloud

For anyone curious, I am an amateur, mostly self-taught musician and songwriter. I play guitar, piano, percussion, trumpet and I sing. Music has always held a very special and personal place in my heart and soul and without it, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

This album is instrumental (using FL Studio) mainly because I haven't had the extra time to pull out my recording equipment to add vocals or guitar parts. I hope to break out the physical recording equipment for the next album! My main influences include Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree/Steve Wilson, Incubus, Rush, Yes, Heart, Kansas, Alan Parson's Project, Led Zeppelin and so many more! You get the idea!

I encourage you to listen to each song with an open mind and some good ganja! Mushrooms also tend to pair well with my music if you feel up to something like that. After all, most of this music is inspired by other great artists and psychedelics in general.

Feel free to comment!

May you all have a safe and Happy New Year!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SpiritualBeggar
#2 Posted : 12/29/2017 6:57:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wow TGO
very humble to call yourself an amateur. Mikael Akerfeldt will be very proud or at least I am enjoying every tracks of yours.

keep composing and would like to sprinkle some hash onto the songs tonight Smile

fatherseb
#3 Posted : 12/29/2017 2:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. I definitely like it.
10 songs, that is quite some music. I still struggle to finish one of my started song projects.
Always so good to see the people here being so creative!

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 12/29/2017 3:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love it, takes you on a journey..
Thank you Love
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

#5 Posted : 12/30/2017 1:26:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Sakkadelic wrote:
I love it, takes you on a journey..
Thank you Love

Yeah, some great stuff. TGO you're very gifted man, impressive. Smile

TGO
#6 Posted : 1/3/2018 9:49:19 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thanks for the kind words everybody! I truly appreciate it! I do this in my spare time and it is always nice to see others getting enjoyment from the music.

I wasn't going to post this originally but since the album is done here is a bonus track that never made it on the album. It is technically unfinished so in my eyes, it isn't as great as it could be. Anywho, here it is:

Test 1 2 3

Enjoy!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish