We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yote in distress Options

DansMaTete
#1 Posted : 12/20/2017 1:36:44 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

One of the four survivor of hundreds is now in distress. A sudden storm blowed away things on a grafted peyote and when I came back home I found this sad fellow :

What can I do to save it ? Try to graft it again ? Will it be able to grow its own roots ? A little help and advice are welcome!

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ulim
#2 Posted : 12/20/2017 3:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should prolly wait on the pros but i think you need to regraft it.

I dont think you can just plant em like trichocereus.
They need their taproot or grafting stock.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/20/2017 9:28:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

No idea either, but I'd like to see how it shapes up.

Otherwise - time for a nibble??

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Wakinyan
#4 Posted : 12/21/2017 4:15:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dust it and root it or re-graft. Your looking at quite a few areole grafts if you choose to go that route as well... just another option out of many.
When I graft you graft we graft

urtica
#5 Posted : 12/21/2017 4:56:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I would dust with Sulphur, let everything dry/callous & then either re graft it or just root it like you would a Trichocereus. I have not done this but I know it is done. I hear they take a while to throw roots but they will do it. I have also heard that if you grow previously grafted peyote hard on their own roots for a couple years they may just get nice and potent.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Wakinyan
#6 Posted : 12/21/2017 5:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
Yeah I would dust with Sulphur, let everything dry/callous & then either re graft it or just root it like you would a Trichocereus. I have not done this but I know it is done. I hear they take a while to throw roots but they will do it. I have also heard that if you grow previously grafted peyote hard on their own roots for a couple years they may just get nice and potent.

Why let it dry and callous before re-grafting?

One can easily re-graft now or later without regard to any callous being present or not. Similarly, one can simply dust and sit this little girl on dry soil and she will root.

urtica
#7 Posted : 12/21/2017 5:09:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point. I think I want to get it dry and calloused because I am afraid of rot setting in from the wounds where it got beat up. You could certainly regraft without callousing though.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Wakinyan
#8 Posted : 12/21/2017 2:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
Good point. I think I want to get it dry and calloused because I am afraid of rot setting in from the wounds where it got beat up. You could certainly regraft without callousing though.

I understand how you feel. There is nothing worse than an infection setting into a graft after one attempts a new graft. This is however exactly why I would graft now rather than later. Make a fresh clean new cut or cuts depending on methods one is using to graft and place on ones new grafting stock. A callous will absolutely not help the graft take any sooner if that is the way one wishes to go.

With that being said, if one was apprehensive you could simply re-graft to a T. pachanoi, for instance, keeping the majority of the pejuta intact after providing fresh new clean cut surfaces to graft on. After the graft has taken and is secure one could then remove the pejuta from the stock in part... leaving behind a bit to continue growing and thus you could have two clones with that method in short time. One on its own roots and the other growing grafted on your stock plant that one could be reasonably assured that after cutting it... you would get a few more pups and thus more opportunities to graft and or re-root in the ground.