We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Knowing your totem Options

pastanostra
#1 Posted : 12/15/2017 7:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexians,

I would like to know if some of you experienced the meeting with totem (animal symbolism) ?
I've read that the animal find you, or you can get signs in real life.
Does someone have met his totem on DMT too ?
With Ayahuasca, many experiences relate animal being, the shaman put the "user" face to his symbolic.
I'm really curious if it's possible with Freebase DMT to encounter theses kind of things.

Cheers.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 12/15/2017 10:55:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before one gets off to the races on speculating on the supernaturally superficial spectrum of freebase DMT without harmalas to ground the experience, I must compel you to read Dr. Sigmund Freud's book, totem and taboo. This hyperlink leads to an open-source pdf of this seminal document on the nature of the totem and the social taboos which arise from the concept of it in primitive societies. It has helped me to better understand the savage, primal nature of the psychedelic experience, alongside the very fabric of society itself.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

AikyO
#3 Posted : 12/15/2017 2:23:10 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

In September, I entered a sort of highly symbolical mode of being and embodied the deer. It's a figure, the horned beast, that already manifested itself subconsciously through my drawings in my teen and sort of guided, this death and rebirth process it channels, my entry in adulthood. So earlier this year, I felt very close to the deer (and it followed me everywhere with more synchronicity I can count on my hands), thriving alongside a revival of my animistic self.

Listening to Goa trance music I could feel like an animal. That is I would dance freely, then make a move and know that it belongs to an animal, then express myself following the vibe of that precise movement, variations of it. It was ranging from animalistic stuff to more weirdly organic things.

Then I went to a music festival of said trance music and on a lot of set, I would enter astate of imagination where I was taken on a journey, and a story of symbols and archetype would form to the music. The first set I was thrown into this dragon mythos thing, and it sort of became a running theme. A long time ago I had thought that human skin was like dragon's, and I had seen this movie Excalibur where Merlin said the Dragon inhabits the land and is everywhere, or other mystical non sense, and that resonated with me deeply cause I had experienced the world dancing and I felt it was like a serpent. Especially the trees that i love very much.

Then after my experience with Changa, I started drawing again and lizards, serpents and iguanas appeared and I'm now intimately convinced they inhabit the psychedelic realm (with really stretching the nuances of what a serpent can be)(I also wrote here about how I felt Changa is close to water, i think serpents are too). I've started to be fascinated with people's mouth when they talk (just the moving lips, sound is not even necessary) and started seeing eyes close to their mouth on their cheeks. Earlier on, before this, I already had been fascinated with an imaginary being that was a feather serpent (I saw him in a pine tree's leaf I carried with me for a will thereafter) and had this sort of personal myth that he came to give the gift of speaking with everything in the world, making it alive, to the last human on Earth. There was this association of the serpent (the toad too) with the tongue.

Totem the way I experience it is when your imagination (the archetypes, the divine realm and what not) reveal that it is alive to you, and you have a dialogue with it. It just come and give a thematic link to your days and the way you live. Then you explore that symbol, the symbol is not limited to its physical forms but you can find its attribute in many things. You don't only feel it but think it at some point. So you theorize a bit sometime, but the sensoriel part is more fulfilling. The things is you have to perceive thing on the symbolical level, from there it flows easily. Also, one afternoon I sung with the frogs and toads in a garden close to where I live, great experience.

This is my experience, fairly recent, with animism and Animal totem, I hope it helps you.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 12/16/2017 2:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get a LOT of bees. A lot. The other day I got a toad. Usually bees. It's awesome. I love bees.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

strtman
#5 Posted : 12/16/2017 8:38:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking free base DMT has often showed me a kind of bird. Hard to fully describe, but it is a combination of an ostrich and a pelican with some dragon like features. It behaves as a parading peacock, has long legs, a big beak and makes movements as if he wants to pierce me. At the same time it ‘talks’ to me and gives me knowledge, or it makes me feel ridiculous and afraid. The entity appears to be mechanical.

After smoking a lot of DMT I recently started doing ayahuasca ceremonies. And guess what? That same entity appeared. I feel that this bird like creature is some sort of guardian angel.

Perhaps I do not understand the OP question but if I do, this is my totem?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/16/2017 10:34:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

strtman - you made me think of this:

My totems showed up as giraffe and penguin - then on San Pedro once they merged into an ostrich.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

strtman
#7 Posted : 12/17/2017 3:36:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If an artist would transform this picture into a graphic and adds some alien like features to it, together with longer legs and on the whole the colour anthracite grey, it does come close.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 12/17/2017 4:39:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a thing with dragons. Hence my name. I see dragons a lot. But i've also seen birds and snakes.

pastanostra
#9 Posted : 12/21/2017 8:42:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexians,

Thank you for your intereset in this post.

Quote:

Before one gets off to the races on speculating on the supernaturally superficial spectrum of freebase DMT without harmalas to ground the experience, I must compel you to read Dr. Sigmund Freud's book, totem and taboo. This hyperlink leads to an open-source pdf of this seminal document on the nature of the totem and the social taboos which arise from the concept of it in primitive societies. It has helped me to better understand the savage, primal nature of the psychedelic experience, alongside the very fabric of society itself.

Thank you i tried to read it, but i didn't succeeded to finish it. It's small but hard to read.
I liked some piece of this book, but i don't share some PoV of the Dr. Freud.
The few i read, it was interesting (40 page read).
I've spoken some years ago with a tribe chief, and he asked me how it works (not in details) the hierarchy in the clan, the belief in they're totem.
Freud nice quoted that the tribe totem was hereditary, all the clan (understanding the name) honor the totem all there life. never hit him or misrespect it.

ÅikyǬ, Mister_Niles, strtman, downwardsfromzero, dragonrider, thanks for your stories.

I've read what you said, and waited a bit before answering.

I tried DMT few days ago, i had the totem's question in my head, but not in the top.
During th experience, i recognized a bird (like an owl with big round eyes) (that i saw one time but didn't remember before seeing him once again).
He started to come to me and he ask me question (i had on my eyes an cloth for nice dark ambience) : Why do you hide you eyes behind this, you want to see colors, just ask it and look !
he took me under his wings and showed me very nice color and patterns.
I believe i saw my totem.
I did some research, and in Celtic, native American Zodiac, it's accorded that my birth totem is a bird (owl ).
I'll try to see in future experience with simple Freebase DMT if i can saw him.
I will try later to "ground up" the experience with harmala, but for the moment, i prefer doing a bit more around freebase, to approach my limits, and why not dealing with breaktrough.

Cheers Nexians

Mister_Niles
#10 Posted : 12/21/2017 9:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, you're going in with the intention of meeting/seeing/maybe becoming your totem?

Have you tried setting an intention way in advance of your trip. It's what I do. Here's what I suggest, if you're interested.
Think about it for a few days, whenever you remember to. Examine your intention. Refine it or broaden it. Whatever seems right. Then at the last minute, release your intention and change it to "do with me what you will." Then see what happens.
I wonder if this will make it more likely that you will encounter your totem. I'd suggest being open to any animal being your totem. Anything from a tapeworm to an elephant, to an alien Smile The more you settle on an idea of what your totem is, you're more likely to see it in a trip. Maybe.

I don't know much about totems. Can someone have multiple totems at once? Can a totem change throughout a lifetime?

I like the idea of a totem. I had a series of INCREDIBLY detailed and real dreams a few years ago. they were different than any other dreams I'd ever had. In the dreams I was in water up to my eyes and I was moving quickly across a still body of cold water with moonlight reflecting off of it. I felt at home. I had no human thoughts. I was just in the moment. I think I was a beaver. Who knows. Interesting at the very least.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

AikyO
#11 Posted : 12/22/2017 12:30:38 AM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Mister_Niles wrote:
I don't know much about totems. Can someone have multiple totems at once? Can a totem change throughout a lifetime?

I like the idea of a totem. I had a series of INCREDIBLY detailed and real dreams a few years ago. they were different than any other dreams I'd ever had. In the dreams I was in water up to my eyes and I was moving quickly across a still body of cold water with moonlight reflecting off of it. I felt at home. I had no human thoughts. I was just in the moment. I think I was a beaver. Who knows. Interesting at the very least

I would tend to think it's possible to have multiple totems, as it's possible to have only one, as it can change or stay the same. I see it as tied with the rebirth process one goes through during the psychedelic experience (may it be obvious or not), as you get to that space - cydelic/collective unconscious/spirit world - maybe you connect some deep animal part of yourself. So if you go through that process many times, or at least have multiple major rebirth, maybe you find a new kindred spirit, maybe it adds on the previous one, may it doesn't.

Very nice dream you had, I wish we were taught in school how to feel like animals. One night, after I had a long talk with a friend, I went home and was standing newt to a lot of people and I felt my head getting long, elongating, I really felt like a snake/reptile at that point. I think snake and reptiles are deeply connected with sight, and also with something very archaic, sacred and a melting sun.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Koornut
#12 Posted : 12/22/2017 8:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
strtman - you made me think of this:

h.

In Australia, these are known as bin chickens Cool

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 12/22/2017 10:41:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The video says as much about human habits (and Aussies Wink ) as it does about anything else. The birds are just exploiting a niche created by wasteful people.

I still Laughing 'd

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pastanostra
#14 Posted : 12/26/2017 9:08:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
So, you're going in with the intention of meeting/seeing/maybe becoming your totem?

Have you tried setting an intention way in advance of your trip. It's what I do. Here's what I suggest, if you're interested.
Think about it for a few days, whenever you remember to. Examine your intention. Refine it or broaden it. Whatever seems right. Then at the last minute, release your intention and change it to "do with me what you will." Then see what happens.
I wonder if this will make it more likely that you will encounter your totem. I'd suggest being open to any animal being your totem. Anything from a tapeworm to an elephant, to an alien Smile The more you settle on an idea of what your totem is, you're more likely to see it in a trip. Maybe.

I like the idea of a totem. I had a series of INCREDIBLY detailed and real dreams a few years ago. they were different than any other dreams I'd ever had. In the dreams I was in water up to my eyes and I was moving quickly across a still body of cold water with moonlight reflecting off of it. I felt at home. I had no human thoughts. I was just in the moment. I think I was a beaver. Who knows. Interesting at the very least.

I had the totem question in my head, it was like "auto-suggested" few days ago.
Just before the trip (2/3hours) I meditated - sitted with calm music. My real intention for the trip was to to experience colors with my white DMT. The 2 intentions were binded between them and got them in my DMT trip.

I always try to arrive with an intention or a small objective before the trip, as i'm really new to DMT, i must learn many things.

We can have multiple totems and they can change in your life, according to your spiritual way, totem should help you / be with you to make life change / transition.

Cheers Nexians.