We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
DMT and Blindness Options

JamesLove
#81 Posted : 8/17/2010 7:17:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect a blind person to have 20/20 vision as we know it under the influence of DMT. Even if DMT totally takes one to another place, his brain may not know how to process signals normally once he gets there. A baby takes awhile to be able to see clearly based on what I have been told.

For example, let us say I have a machine like a transporter in Star Trek but I am paralyzed. The transporter can move me to India right now. So I am now in India but I still can't walk. Does that mean the transporter did not work because it did not solve my leg issues? No.

I kind of remember reading something about a guy getting sight for the 1st time and it took him a while to figure out what was going on. At first it was a bunch of blob things. He could not walk via sight or anything like that. But he was thrilled because it was SOMETHING different. As time went on, he developed the necessary skills and slowly began to see as we know it.

If a person blind for life can see anything he percieves to be dark/light differences or something which he even considers to be colours (even if it is something else), that would be quite remarkable, in my view.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

JamesLove
#82 Posted : 8/17/2010 10:44:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum
#83 Posted : 8/17/2010 11:50:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Benzyme.

You refer to 'V1' in your posts in this thread.May I ask, what does this mean/refer to?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Infundibulum
#84 Posted : 8/17/2010 11:57:38 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

corpus callosum wrote:
Benzyme.

You refer to 'V1' in your posts in this thread.May I ask, what does this mean/refer to?

Argh, and your nick is corpus callosum! V1 refers to an anatomical region of the V(isual) cortex in the posterior part of the brain. There are other regions named V2, V3, V4 and V5. V1 is the shits when it comes to vision. For more information check visual cortex

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

corpus callosum
#85 Posted : 8/18/2010 3:50:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Thanks Infundibulum!

If you dont know, then ask someone who does!

I guess Im stuck in the era of Brodmanns areas ,cortices, fissures and sulci.Fascinating stuff but presently this has very little clinical application but I can see neurophysiologists and research neuroscientists' bells being rung in a big way by this! Thankyou for increasing my knowledge base further.Very happy

(V1 has always meant the first division of the trigeminal nerve to me until today!!:idea: )
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

TimePantry
#86 Posted : 7/18/2011 12:39:05 AM

It's a field.

I've gotten to wondering ... what happens when people born blind smoke spice? Do they too have "closed-eye hallucinations?"

Hmmm ... do they see phosphenes in a normal state? I guess it depends on what type of blind they are.

But if anyone has data, anecdotal or otherwise, I'd love to hear it!
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

TimePantry
#87 Posted : 7/18/2011 12:48:14 AM

It's a field.

Wow, fastest mod response I've ever seen!

[Emily Latella] Never mind! [/Emily Latella]
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

«PREV345