We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
DMT and Blindness Options

Arachnid
#1 Posted : 11/16/2009 7:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any information about blind people using entheogens, specifically Spice? Would a blind person have CEVs? ect...
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 11/16/2009 9:56:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Can't remember the reference, but people who were born blind will not experience visuals, but people who had there vision impaired after birth had visual effects.

That makes sense to me, but I can't remember where I read it. Here somewhere probably.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/16/2009 10:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah as I mentioned before I took some ayahuasca with a blind guy who had lost his sight as a child... He did have visions and colours that he was completely amazed with.. but would be specially interesting to know how it goes in the cases of those who were born blind

mumbles
#4 Posted : 11/16/2009 11:02:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Can't remember the reference, but people who were born blind will not experience visuals, but people who had there vision impaired after birth had visual effects.

That makes sense to me, but I can't remember where I read it. Here somewhere probably.
Yeah swim has read similar things. Those born blind will never "see" in their dreams and psychedelic states but they will experiance audiatory and body effects.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 11/16/2009 12:35:18 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

We had a couple of threads re blindness and dmt in the past. It doesn't have to do much about whether you were born blind or became through life. It has to do with the type of damage that caused blindness. Vision is a whole pathway from the eyes to the visual cortex through the optic nerve.

A damage in the visual cortex (either acquired or born-with-it) will probably impair the vision and make it very difficult to see dmt visuals. A damage in the eyes themselves or the optic nerve will most likely not have an adverse effect on dmt visuals.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Arachnid
#6 Posted : 11/16/2009 4:43:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool! Thanks everyone!
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

elofer
#7 Posted : 11/18/2009 2:15:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

from my expereince cev's aren't involving the eyes at all..one can 'see' in a dream but one has thier eyes closed. this is a very interesting question..I am curious about other reports on this..can either of you provide links???

Sublime
#8 Posted : 11/18/2009 7:52:17 PM

Intraterrestrial

Well, if blind people do not experience visuals among other things, then doesn't that mean DMT is truly a manifestation of the mind and therefore an illusion? That leads me to believe you may feel you are leaving your body when in fact you are not, unless blind people feel breaking through to the other side. There must be stimuli in this reality unseen and blind people are disadvantaged. How would it be for dumb (deaf and blind) people? We need more information on this..
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 11/18/2009 8:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a lecture from TED about visually and auditory impaired people who experience hallucinations=)

"Neurologist and author Oliver Sacks brings our attention to Charles Bonnett syndrome -- when visually impaired people experience lucid hallucinations. He describes the experiences of his patients in heartwarming detail and walks us through the biology of this under-reported phenomenon."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgOTaXhbqPQ

Angel_Above
#10 Posted : 11/19/2009 4:42:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Reading a book now entitled "The Way of the Shaman" which speaks of a blind shaman.

Methtical
#11 Posted : 11/19/2009 1:18:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Angel_Above wrote:
Reading a book now entitled "The Way of the Shaman" which speaks of a blind shaman.

Is that the one where the guy mentions seeing Crocodiles with water coming out of their mouths and filling up the earth and declaring themselves the master of the universe (or something similar) only for the blind shaman to brush it off by saying "they always say that, but they aren't really" or words to that effect?

Methtical

Angel_Above
#12 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:13:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Very happy.

I thought that was hilarious how the new guy was so amazed by this then he just brushed it off.

Methtical
#13 Posted : 11/23/2009 11:32:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Angel_Above wrote:
Yeah Very happy.

I thought that was hilarious how the new guy was so amazed by this then he just brushed it off.

Yeah I read that a few years ago, interesting book and was one of the first things that made me look at DMT more seriously. I was reading a bit of David Icke at the time as well, so the whole reptile "we are the rulers of the universe" bit pricked my ears up.

Methtical

mew
#14 Posted : 11/23/2009 4:32:27 PM

huachumancer

from what i have learned i understand that those blind at birth do not get cevs however if the eyesight is lost after having it, then cevs are possible (unless certain pathways are too damaged now) i may be wrong, this is a curious case to me

skizocreep
#15 Posted : 4/18/2010 10:50:14 PM

satan

Hello I was at my state college the other day and I was observing a blind man and the thought came to mind.What
if he smoked dmt? Would his mindโ€™s eye see imagery? I guess it would matter if the person was blind from birth.

Has anyone herd of a blind person smoking dmt?
IF TIME WERE SPACE HISTORY
WOULD BE A COBWEB..... I AM A CERTIFIED PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

Ginkgo
#16 Posted : 4/18/2010 11:36:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is very common for blind people, both they who have been blind from birth and they who have not, to experience visual hallucinations. Most see just colors and geometrical patterns, but some report that they see and feel the presence of entities. I don't know how DMT would affect a blind person, I just thought I should throw this in...

soulfood
#17 Posted : 4/18/2010 11:49:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Imagine having a finger-tip trip in braille.

I wonder if that is possible, after all a hallucination isn't just for the eyes and ears. Like that thing folks say about when someone loses one sense, then the others become sharper. It would be interesting to see how a human without visual development would interpret the psychedelic experience as they would have lived from birth without concept of light or colour.

benzyme
#18 Posted : 4/19/2010 2:35:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

being blind typically means a loss of function in the photoreceptors in the eye, lateral geniculate nucleus, or the optic radiation projections to the visual cortex

but these areas are not the visual cortex.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

anuggslife
#19 Posted : 4/19/2010 3:34:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

whatever i see on dmt is not coming through my eyeballs

benzyme
#20 Posted : 4/19/2010 3:55:51 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Laughing

that's what i said.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

123NEXT»