We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
old root bark - almost lost all its potency? Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 11/19/2017 11:54:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi,

does anyone here have any experience with old root bark and potency loss?

so i did a new extraction with some old root bark i had still around (about 5 years old)
i used Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek with a little cleanup and did very fust pulls which resulted in wonderful pure white crystals.

today i got to try them... (50mg) the results were more like smoking a joint and closing my eyes. almost no visuals and only a very slight psychedelic feel to it.

i got a little frustrated and wanted to make sure it is not me, so i loaded up my pipe with about 40mg of older dmt that was mixed with the 2nd pull from my latest extraction (because it was not as white as the fast pulls). i smoked it about 5 minutes after the first pipe - even though tolerance should have canceled out most of the effects i got way better results then the first time.

a few months ago i had a pull from the same mhrb tested in a lab and the results were 95% pure dmt.
I have had problems with good results from dmt for a year now and i always thought it was me... which is why this was my first trip in more than a month. now i am starting to think it maybe is connected to the old root bark.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 11/19/2017 12:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is DMT, it doesn't lose potency as long as it is still DMT
i mean if you got white DMT crystals(which usually means high purity) then it doesn't matter if it was from old or new bark... old bark means smaller yields, but DMT as good as any other DMT, as long as the extraction was done well...
how are you smoking it?
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

jiva
#3 Posted : 11/19/2017 1:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the last few times i smoked i used a crack pipe
i also have a GVG but i did not get good results with it in the past fiew months (still way better than with the recent extraction) which is why i choose to go back to the crack pipe which worked fine for me before.

i just thought about other things i do differently - about a year now since i noticed a diminished effect from my dmt.
i store my dmt in small glass jars in the freezer, i read somewere here on the nexus that that is a good way to store it to prevent oxidation. could that make a difference?

concombres
#4 Posted : 11/19/2017 5:52:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
the last few times i smoked i used a crack pipe
i also have a GVG but i did not get good results with it in the past fiew months (still way better than with the recent extraction) which is why i choose to go back to the crack pipe which worked fine for me before.

i just thought about other things i do differently - about a year now since i noticed a diminished effect from my dmt.
i store my dmt in small glass jars in the freezer, i read somewere here on the nexus that that is a good way to store it to prevent oxidation. could that make a difference?

When you take your containers out of the freezer are you letting them come up to room temperature before opening them? I dont know for sure that this would have a huge effect on potency but if you open your container without letting it come to room temperature first it can cause condensation to form inside the container & could potentially throw the weight you think you are vaporizing off. Water is heavy, 1ml weight 1g, so i can see a fraction of a milliliter thow the true weight of a dose off by quite a bit.

jiva
#5 Posted : 11/19/2017 6:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:

When you take your containers out of the freezer are you letting them come up to room temperature before opening them? I dont know for sure that this would have a huge effect on potency but if you open your container without letting it come to room temperature first it can cause condensation to form inside the container & could potentially throw the weight you think you are vaporizing off. Water is heavy, 1ml weight 1g, so i can see a fraction of a milliliter thow the true weight of a dose off by quite a bit.

no i did not wait for the container to reach room temperature.
given that i tried to use 50mg and had almost no effect i would not think this is a problem, as i had full breakthrough experiences with 25mg to 30mg before.

pitubo
#6 Posted : 11/19/2017 8:51:20 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Hi Jiva,

I would not rule out that you are yourself a factor in the unsatisfactory results that you have been getting. You write that you have been having some issues with dmt for a year, when just last month you have had some of your dmt lab tested as 95% pure. Also the second smoalking within a few minutes after a failed liftoff may not be diminished at all by tolerance. I have had full liftoffs after reigniting a failed launch within 5 minutes.

Perhaps you use a different smoalking technique than you used to previously, before the past year? It might for example be the case that your breathing has changed. I have taught friends how to achieve a breakthrough, simply by showing them how to breathe in slowly and deeply. Breathing technique is a commonly undervalued aspect of smoalking. IMHO it is as important as the choice of smoalking device, perhaps even more important.

jiva
#7 Posted : 11/20/2017 8:03:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi pitubo,

it is sure possible. i will try to pay more attention to this the next time i travel.

i do have a newer pack of MHRB. i will do a new extraction on this one and compare the results.

#8 Posted : 11/20/2017 12:46:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've had mimosa in a drawer in a reasonably warm room for over 5 years or so, seems just as potent as day 1 for me.

Espurrr
#9 Posted : 11/20/2017 4:04:14 PM

Espurrr wrote:
hey man Big grin
how are you going to vape your spice? have you considered the vape pen method ?
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=69654 the ducdevil pioneer post 2016
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=75558 nathaniel's update on it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=829813#post829813 orionfyre's atomizer method
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=75612 nan0tEch's smok mod method

Quote:

ducdevil said:
pluses:

no bad taste or flavor. in fact, it’s really up to you how you’d like it to taste. as most of you know, there are now literally tens of thousands of flavors out there. depending on the concentration ratio, it can be almost imperceptible. in the following section i give the specifics of how i went about it, regarding ratio.

very safe. nothing burning. nothing to drop or break or shatter or spill. unless your tank is leaky, it shouldn’t even be a problem if one drops the mod. and quiet too - no clicking of lighter. also, depending on how much juice is in the tank, no reloading.

portable, convenient and stealth. whether at home or out-and-about, having a vape rig is not a strange sight these days. always ready to go if there is juice in the tank, it’s almost too easy.

smooth. no harshness at all. if one already vapes, it’s no different. this can be a good thing or a cautionary exercise.

minuses:

in fact, there is only one real drawback to this method and it’s pretty obvious: dosage. with the variables involved, it is near impossible to accurately determine how much a “puff” contains. while i am an avid vape enthusiast, my days of building coils have waned with the plethora of fantastic sub ohm tanks available now. therefore, i am not really a “dripper” anymore, and have not experimented with dripping spiced juice. i suppose one could determine a dose more closely this way (counting drops per ml, etc…) but i didn’t want to get this detailed. also, the convenience factor of a pre-filled tank on a nice mod is too cool to beat!

i used the following equipment: Kanger 150watt mod, and Arctic sub ohm tank with a .5ohm coil. i used it set very low - only 50 watts (this was MORE than plenty!). i wanted to start small and discover without being too overwhelmed, my intention being multiple hits to find the right spot gradually. HA! didn’t really work out like that!

ratio was a conservative 1:6 (250mg per 1.5ml). juice was “Queenside” by Five Pawns, a lovely blood orange and cream flavor, 0mg nicotine. it is a 50/50 PG/VG blend. juice was warmed using a waterbath and the spice dissolved almost effortlessly over the course of an hour. it was placed in a small bottle and put away until i was ready.

important note: unless you are whipping up a ton of juice, 1 or 2ml is not very much in these larger tanks out these days. (most are at least 3ml, some up to 7ml!) you need to be careful where the wick holes are on the atomizer so your small amount of juice is over these openings. otherwise, even after a couple of puffs, the level of the juice will fall below the wick holes and you will get a burnt hit. a burnt hit with plain juice is horrible enough; i can’t imagine how bad it would be with spice. the Arctic tank’s coil has it’s openings quite low so even 1.5ml was above that line. this might have sounded complicated; it’s not really - you just want to make sure the level of the juice is over the holes where the cotton is.

the tank was loaded with all the juice i had and i let it sit to saturate the cotton.

the pluses and minuses of vape pen method

anyway, i thought you might wanna try it Rolling eyes its a very easy and efficient method and i don't think anything other than a nebulizer or those instant injection devices can top this
Love welcome, hope you get full member soon
visit the chat sometimes Razz top left of the screen

jiva
#10 Posted : 12/4/2017 8:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

today i was able to try my new extraction.
i smoked 50mg and wow, it was intense.
since i paid much more attention to breathing and how i inhaled i will do a comparison tomorrow where i will try to replicate todays results.

@Espurrr: no i did not consider vaping it yet, i will read through the posts Smile

jiva
#11 Posted : 12/29/2017 1:12:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so it took me way longer to find a moment where i can do a comparison.
but these past few days were a bit more relaxed and i can now say for sure the the old extraction is way different from the recent one.

as i wrote before, the old extraction has been lab tested, it should be 95% pure dmt
is there anything that can happen to the dmt molecules that could alter the effects?

the extraction from a new batch of MHRB results in a way more immersive experience, it feels stronger in every way.