We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New, need advice about camping with my Dog Options

Ded2journey
#1 Posted : 11/18/2017 1:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I've been reading posts for a few months here and love this site. SWIM has only done psychedelics twice and after 2 divorces is looking for a healing experience.

SWIM is currently preparing some SP tea and wants to take his dog camping and hiking while tripping. He is afraid of losing track of her and losing her to wildlife, etc. He thinks that if he just leaves her long leash on her, tied to a stake that she'll be fine. However, he really wants to go hiking and is concerned he might forget she's with him.

He's preparing 12" of 3.5" diameter cuttings using the triple freeze, blend, lemon juice, reduce method and including the core. He did a test run of 12", 2.5" diameter using chop, boil, strain method and had no issues with nausea. He's a retired military veteran who's stomached a lot of nasty stuff and actually quite enjoyed the bitterness of this brew. He'll chase with almond milk to keep his stomach pH intact...

Question is, should he be worried about his pup? He'll be in an isolated dispersed camping location on the edge of a lake. The hike is a 4 mile loop which he plans to start 2 hours after dosing.
Everything I say is complete nonsense...I am an internet troll looking for attention.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Espurrr
#2 Posted : 11/18/2017 2:33:16 PM

hello Big grin !
i remember being concerned with the same thing
first of all, if you move into the experience with the previous belief that your clear-consciousness and coherency are of prime import, you probably won't run into any involuntary decision making etc, hence it will be like a normal day out with your dog Love
HOWEVER
its not like thats 100% going to be the case, so i would design precautions, like tie the dog to yourself, OR have the dog be your guide, follow the doggo !
anyway, my main point is, you don't have to be super-conscious about losing yourself, because thats probably the cause of losing yourself, if you do Big grin

Ded2journey
#3 Posted : 11/18/2017 2:43:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
hello Big grin !
first of all, if you move into the experience with the previous belief that your clear-consciousness and coherency are of prime import, you probably won't run into any involuntary decision making etc, hence it will be like a normal day out with your dog Love
HOWEVER
its not like thats 100% going to be the case, so i would design precautions, like tie the dog to yourself, OR have the dog be your guide, follow the doggo !
anyway, my main point is, you don't have to be super-conscious about losing yourself, because thats probably the cause of losing yourself, if you do Big grin

Well that's kind of the whole point though. He's trying to Break Down The Walls of his ego, since the previous dosage only scratched the surface. He has a lot of stuff internally that he needs to deal with from childhood trauma, military life, divorce, death, Etc. In order to do that he plans to go into deep meditative States, but if his pup is in the back of his mind he's afraid he won't be able to break through and get to where he's trying to go. He's looking to evaporate...no ego death or anything. Just digging and observing...

Thank you so much for the feedback!
Everything I say is complete nonsense...I am an internet troll looking for attention.

JP
#4 Posted : 11/18/2017 8:46:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ded2journey wrote:
Espurrr wrote:
hello Big grin !
HOWEVER

Well that's kind of the whole point though. He's trying to Break Down The Walls of his ego, since the previous dosage only scratched the surface. He has a lot of stuff internally that he needs to deal with from childhood trauma, military life, divorce, death, Etc. In order to do that he plans to go into deep meditative States, but if his pup is in the back of his mind he's afraid he won't be able to break through and get to where he's trying to go. He's looking to evaporate...no ego death or anything. Just digging and observing...

Thank you so much for the feedback!

If it were me I'd leave him at home, seems that it may add anxiety and paranoia that is avoidable. If your focus is on your dog it can lock you into this world, making hard to explore your own.

And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Ded2journey
#5 Posted : 11/18/2017 10:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think he's going to take her. After meditating, he realized his attachment to her is where the fear is coming from. He was visited during this meditation and now realizes that she MUST be on this journey in order to really dive deep. His conflict seems completely alleviated...he's looking forward to allowing her to be his spirit guide!!!

Thank you so much everyone who replied...I think he just needed to vent to overcome his psychological blockage. This forum has healing powers, I swear!Big grin