We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recrystallizing freebase DPT Options

asdzxc
#1 Posted : 11/18/2017 12:05:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know that freebase DPT can form a solid if it's pure enough but I can't find any teks to do it. Evaporation and freeze precipitation from heptane don't work. Are there any other solvents that might work better?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mindlusion
#2 Posted : 11/18/2017 2:30:38 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

asdzxc wrote:
I know that freebase DPT can form a solid if it's pure enough but I can't find any teks to do it. Evaporation and freeze precipitation from heptane don't work. Are there any other solvents that might work better?

i've never been able to recrystallize the freebase either, always was an oil. It isn't easy with that compound. But I didn't try very hard as I preferred to recrystallize the fumarate salts instead. Heptane usually the money solvent when it comes to these compounds.

Though DPT is pretty fatty in comparison to the other tryptamines, part of what makes it so oily, it's more soluble in heptane too. You'll have to experiment for yourself to find out the best way. Cyclohexane is my go to for crystallizing oily compounds, it is pretty much the least polar solvent out there.

you could try ether/heptane too, sometimes that works too.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."