We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New ayahuasca article published in nature.com Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 11/12/2017 4:28:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Not sure if this has been brought up already (if so sorry), new nature article (Nov 9th 2017),

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-14700-6

Study looks at the benefits of Ayahuasca and compares it to other pshychedelics using survey data. As I understand, it the article seems to suggest that Ayahuasca could be more beneficial in curving alcohol abuse and more research is needed.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 11/12/2017 5:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another vastly unsurprising study on psychedelics.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 11/12/2017 8:08:25 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

It is however, published in Nature. Which is something to remark, as it is one of the largest and most prestigious journals (only publishing research they deem top quality).
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

pitubo
#4 Posted : 11/12/2017 10:58:06 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Really? Nature suggests that us psychedelics users are a bunch of drunks...

Nature wrote:
Ayahuasca users reported less problematic drinking than classic psychedelic users, although both groups reported greater problematic drinking than the other respondents.

On a positive note, alcohol is finally admitted to be a "psychoactive drug":

Nature wrote:
During cleaning of the data, 3,817 records were excluded due to data capture glitches, duplicate entries, reporting no psychoactive drug use at all (including alcohol), reporting the use of a fake drug, ..

And Albert Hofmann's final thoughts were not admissible:

Nature wrote:
.. and being 100 years of age or over.

I say this report is a mixed bag.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 11/13/2017 1:15:25 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Pitubo, that is a good point. However, reading on the University website press release the tone is a little different,

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/...ews/title_620939_en.html

Maybe there was a suggestion from editors to tone down the positive observations? This is pure speculation on my part and not worth much though.

The most concerning item they bring up (mental health) did not show up for native users which they point out. To me this means that folks with problems may seek this help outside their country, biassing the sample where there is no true cause and effect, instead showing that some patients look for a natural remedy beyond Western medicine? (always seek professional health first). Again, this is only more speculation on my part.

In my particular case I essentially dropped alcohol after fining our natural medicines. Have not had a toxic ethanol hangover in years: only pleasant mind refreshing afterglows.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/13/2017 9:28:51 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's exactly what I thought about the alcohol use - self selection bias. And alcohol is a 'gateway drug' after all, meaning non-drinkers would be less likely to engage in any form of (commonly perceived?) drug use.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

tregar
#7 Posted : 11/13/2017 1:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great article, thanks Loveall

Nature, July 2017:

The alkaloids of Banisteriopsis caapi, the plant source of the Amazonian hallucinogen Ayahuasca, stimulate adult neurogenesis in vitro

Jose A. Morales-García, Mario de la Fuente Revenga, Sandra Alonso-Gil, María Isabel Rodríguez-Franco, Amanda Feilding, Ana Perez-Castillo & Jordi Riba

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-05407-9

From the article as well (besides growing brain cells):
Quote:
Two recent studies found that a single dose of ayahuasca rapidly reduced depressive symptoms in treatment-resistant patients. 11, 12. Remarkably, clinical improvement was maintained for up to three weeks.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.