We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : How would you describe yourself with respect to psychedelic community?
Choice Votes Statistics
Just exploring the psychedelic community, not participating actively. 0 0 %
Being a consumer only. 1 3 %
Started with DMT extraction and sticked to it. 1 3 %
Gradually extending my skills (harmalas, cacti etc.). 2 6 %
Being a grower (shrooms, cannabis, cacti etc.). 1 3 %
Growing, extracting, want to try almost everything. 18 60 %
More interested in organic chemistry, syntheses, RCs. 0 0 %
Focusing on shamanic or therapeutic work. 7 23 %
Focusing on harm reduction, substance testing. 0 0 %

Nexian Demography Poll Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 11/10/2017 3:19:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you pick what describes you best? I am very interested in the nexian "demography".

For example, I started with simple DMT A/B extraction but then extended the skills and finally focused more on growing shrooms and changa-making. I love both the art and science of it to the point I started feeling weird as now owning basically a small lab loaded with glassware and chems. I don't regret taking those adventures however. It's a wonderful ride!

How about you?

I re-read the Attitude page so I hope this poll is not inappropriate. If so, please let me know and I will remove it quickly.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Northerner
#2 Posted : 11/10/2017 4:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I started growing shrooms and interesting plants many years ago but only relatively recently came to know and be interested in DMT. Now I have moar plants, moar equipment, moar stuff. Laughing

I have deeper interest in the plants than the extractions, but it's a means to an end I guess. I'm still primarily a family man and a professional above being a psychedelic adventurer.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

urtica
#3 Posted : 11/10/2017 4:45:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to pick more than one of those options...
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 11/10/2017 4:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
I want to pick more than one of those options...

Yeah but the poll unfortunately does not allow that, you can pick best description and then post more in the description Smile

Jagube
#5 Posted : 11/10/2017 9:06:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd have liked to be able to select more than one option: 'shamanic' work is my focus, but I also grow entheogenic plants.

urtica
#6 Posted : 11/10/2017 11:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I grow, extract, research, write, teach, have studied organic chemistry quite a bit & done some synthesis, am really interested in the therapeutic aspects & have provided medicine to patients and practitioners. Harm reduction & testing yes, have worked first aid as the freak out calmer downer guy... I work with the plant spirits a lot but think of myself as an herbalist more than a shaman.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

aruse
#7 Posted : 11/11/2017 7:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious to grow some of this stuff, mostly shrooms. I'd like to try more of these substances, but i'm pretty happy with just shrooms. I'm curious what they are and how and why they grow. But mostly by far i'm interested in the mind and not just how mushrooms effect the mind but how I can become more whole as a human being.

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 11/11/2017 7:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't want to try every single psychedelic compound. I'm experienced enough by now, to know that not every substance is that interesting for me. But i do want to explore the various psychedelic worlds in the tryptamine, lysergic and phenethylamine realm some more, and go a little deeper with salvia than i have beem so far. Bancopuma's 5-MeO-DMT report definately got me interested in that substance. I don't feel ready for such a mind shattering thing right now though. Too much mundane stuff going on in my life right now.

About the psychedelic community...i don't know if there realy is one. They're a bunch of subcultures, not even loosely tied in many cases.

An old trip buddy of me has now turned into a neo-nazi, including all the Hitler/jewish conspiracy rhetoric. This was quite shocking for me. I realy loved him as a brother, back when we where young. But the kind of brotherhood he's into nowadays, is not realy my cup of tea. He's still into acid though.
But i just mean.....he and his current buddy's are not realy the kind of community members that would fit right in, here at the nexus.

I'm just a little fish here, swimming in this great psychedelic fishbowl, along with other fish. I'm absorbing other people's ideas, and share some of my own ideas every now and then, hoping that the net result eventually will be a happier, healthier fishbowl.

blue.magic
#9 Posted : 11/12/2017 8:37:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
About the psychedelic community...i don't know if there realy is one. They're a bunch of subcultures, not even loosely tied in many cases.

I agree. I meant basically interest in swimming in the fishbowl of psychonauts and hyperspace cadets Smile

There is an actual community where I live but as you said, there is a great variety of people from different subcultures (neo-hippies, ravers, meditators, martial artists etc. etc.) Some people left the group because of the variety. There is not much common stuff to share except for taking psychedelics (which seems not enough by itself).

aruse wrote:
I'm curious to grow some of this stuff, mostly shrooms.

Try it! Thumbs up It's an adventurous and rewarding process.

null24
#10 Posted : 11/13/2017 3:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hoo boy! The community. Hmm. Well, there is one, but it's...wierd. In my locality there are a few groups organizing stuff, some are geared towards education, others harm reduction, and some are profit motivated new age sham-people. I've dealt with enough disillusioment with the behaviors of the individuals involved (passive aggressive emotional immaturity, greed and elitism) to continue my personal work but absolve myself if those relationships.

Between folks that pretend they don't know me in public, people telling folks they can legally do traditional native American drugs like freebase DMT and pot, and maybe even crack as long as they purchase a $200 plastic card, others selling them on Facebook, psychonauts irresponsibly seeking bragging rights, and ayahuasca addicts that cannot explain what they get from it other than 'f***ed up' but call it healing,I'm good by myself.

Can you say disillusioment?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*