We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why do you call it spice? Options

Clife777
#1 Posted : 11/7/2017 11:00:49 AM

Multi Dimensional Entity

Just a random one but i noticed alot of people call DMT spice.. might just be us here in the uK but spice is a synthetic cannabis round our ways and its nasty i dont like that it shares the same name with DMT, my american friends probably wont know what im on about xD

https://spiceaddictionsupport.org/what-is-spice/
Exploring the Entire Cosmos as one Entity is something everyone should see! DMT should be compulsory in college

The universe is but one floor of an infinite elevator shaft

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 11/7/2017 11:20:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice for DMT was before the synthetic cannaboids and it goes back to Dune

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melange_(fictional_drug)

Northerner
#3 Posted : 11/7/2017 11:21:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Except we don't get the blue on blue eyes. That's a bit of a shame.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Clife777
#4 Posted : 11/7/2017 11:22:53 AM

Multi Dimensional Entity

Thats what i wanted to know which had the rights to name first xD

synthetic cannabis is contaminating the true meaning of spice
Exploring the Entire Cosmos as one Entity is something everyone should see! DMT should be compulsory in college

AikyO
#5 Posted : 11/7/2017 12:27:59 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Such a handsome name Love
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

pitubo
#6 Posted : 11/7/2017 2:44:13 PM

dysfunctional word machine

With a little searching (basic homework), you could have stumbled onto this thread: Stop using 'spice' as a term

Perhaps the most interesting comment in that thread:

jamie wrote:
The original spice was psilocybe azurescens..

..and I am not joking. Frank Herbert was really into psilocybe azurescens at the time he wrote dune, and the spice was inspired by those mushrooms.

Dune is a classic, really. Must watch. Almost as good as Blade Runner (too bad almost noone seems to get what that one is really about.)

Jees
#7 Posted : 11/7/2017 7:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Clife777 wrote:
...synthetic cannabis is contaminating the true meaning of spice
Yes, and because you had it all wrong it's your duty to do all the dishes on the next Nexus Rip Ralley.
Twisted Evil Razz

tryptographer
#8 Posted : 11/7/2017 9:13:48 PM

tryptamine photographer

Pitubo is right, it's from Frank Herbert's masterwork Dune, and it's not DMT but magic mushrooms. A quote from his good friend Paul Stamets in 'Mycelium Running' (p.123):

"Frank went on to tell me that much of the premise of Dune - the magic spice (spores) that allowed the bending of space (tripping), the giant worms (maggots digesting mushrooms), the eyes of the Fremen (the cerulean blue of Psilocybe mushrooms), the mysticism of the female spiritual warriors, the Bene Gesserit (influenced by tales of Maria Sabina and the sacred mushroom cults of Mexico) - came from his perception of the fungal life cycle, and his imagination was stimulated through his experiences with the use of magic mushrooms."

Clife777
#9 Posted : 11/8/2017 12:01:51 PM

Multi Dimensional Entity

Ahhh there we go was not expecting that to come form magic mushrooms how did you find that out you legends Big grin Big grin

I will never take the name of spice in vain again, bet it was them bloody welsh who give it that name to synthetic cannabis Pleased they love it over there walking around like the walking dead